Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
dundun
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:15 pm

fribhey wrote:
alittle wrote:Dude is a drymounting loon.
he's now calling himself an artist and going by the name "whitefish" on UAA:
http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/1 ... nt-efforts

he also buys followers, comments and likes on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/arthunter999/
Ah. I was wondering if he was arthunter99 on thegiant. Seems confirmed now. Funniest thing to me was when he asked another board member from the Phoenix area if he wanted to catch a ride to the Choe Show in LA on his private plane. The inv was declined! haha.
ciphe
Art Expert

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:21 pm

dundun wrote:
fribhey wrote:

Ah. I was wondering if he was arthunter99 on thegiant. Seems confirmed now. Funniest thing to me was when he asked another board member from the Phoenix area if he wanted to catch a ride to the Choe Show in LA on his private plane. The inv was declined! haha.
hilarious, this dude is delusional.
Last edited by ciphe on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Luls. I really miss the guy.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Arthunter is 100% babs.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Thank you all, you made my Monday. Went through the history and past posts you were all sharing, thoroughly enjoyable read over lunch. :clap:
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:38 pm

These two gems are pretty good (samuraiwriter is quoting babbs):
samuraiwriter wrote:"Just purchaed everything, all the prints that were left. My family will be pleased that I spent a fraction of the cost for something that is worth hanging in the collection. Also plan on send in to my grandfather as this will hopfully make him smile. As Jasper usually meets with him to play chess.

All in this is a no brainer. Anything you can get for under 100k from the source is a no-brainer.

If you were wondering who offered to buy EVERTHING... ALL of them... it was me and they refused to sell out the remaind piece. So rest asured the control of the inventory in tight, despite me spening over $390,000 from thier studio in the past 5 years.

Good luck all and buy with confidence!!"
samuraiwriter wrote: "I have never officially introduced myself. EVER

I doubt that many active internet warriors (active members who post on this forum) partake in the snooty tooty blue chip artists. I grew up thinking Jasper Johns was a boring artist because I was surrounded by it. I found Jean-Michel and Andy more cutting edge at the time. Mind you I was only 9 at the time and did everything my parents told me that was not good. I thought it was great to piss them off in any way i could... I tried to focus on how to start enough buisness selling firecracker, candy, mowing lawns any thing it took to get enough money to buy a Warhol at that time, to spite my parents. They would hate on the underground movement that was going on at the time in NY (Keith Allen Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Andy Warhol) They were more of the... "Well this sold at auction for this price and this and that" I absorbed everyhting they said but always wanted somthing more and better.. MORE AND BETTER... The basic Warhol screen prints were still expensive back in the 80's (at least for me as a 9 year old kid) I remember trying to pony up $1100 dollars for one (it took me all summer) and my dad shut me down. He ended up buying it for me, after I raised the money, "just because I worked so hard." I sold that piece to pay for my college so I didnt have to take a dime from my family. I ended getting an acedemic scholarship so I had some padding to start. Still took nothing from my parents.

Fairey in the late 90's did it for me..; I realised that I liked a certain eye for a nitch of street messages. I liked the graffiti, outlaw, fight anyone and every one type of art and artist, "in your face art" the stuff that forced you to think about the stuff you (we) are conditioned not to think about or suggest becuse it is cliche or inappropriate to talk about. Then a little brit, from Bristol came to the scene. I underestimated the machine but it has carried the entire focus of what I once thought urban was to what; it is, it can be, and will be...

Now all I think about is my 18 month old son.. There are tons of artists now that I find intriguing. I was able to secure 2 pieces that are in the 7 figure range/boarderline 8 figure in my short time on this earth. I feel like Banksy, Fairey and a few more artists are the only few that will stand the test of time. Meaning the in 200 years people will reflect on our generation and ponder what we were thinking about the scene/movement at the time. We are really so close to it we cannot really see it for what it is...WELL SOME OF US CAN.... but on the real somehow in the past 20 years street art/graffiti has found its way into galleries. Fairey got a piece into the Smithsonian for god sake... I guarantee in the next 50 years our childrens children will be ooooooohhhing and awwwwhhhing over the artists that we had the opportunity to witness.

I guess they can always pull an archive of the internet and review all the content that this forum will/has collected over time, as it will be a vital resource for the historians.

OK done thats ME

I am currently making a despicable halfassed attempt at creating art as an "Artist." I have always been OK at it, but never had the time to fully commit to such a vile and faux pas waste of time of a profession. However I thoroughly love wasting time and have nothing but time to waste. ;)
"
Gigantico
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:39 pm

ciphe wrote:
dundun wrote:
fribhey wrote:

hilaiortous, this dude is delusional.
Figured it was BS. :lol:
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:47 pm

chuckkeppler wrote:anyone with deep pockets looking for a lot of pieces:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shepard-Fairey- ... SwsMpZj3ei

not my sale.
I wonder if he keeps the other prints he has listed for sale in tubes in the room next to the washroom he posted he pic of at some point.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:52 pm

bubbie wrote:
chuckkeppler wrote:anyone with deep pockets looking for a lot of pieces:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shepard-Fairey- ... SwsMpZj3ei

not my sale.
I wonder if he keeps the other prints he has listed for sale in tubes in the room next to the washroom he posted he pic of at some point.
As far as price goes for that lot all I can say is:
ciphe wrote:
hilarious, this dude is delusional.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:51 pm

stuckeyc wrote:At one point babs was talking about how he was making his own obey wood pieces. He has had a bunch of those up individually for awhile

Side note is the giant kaput? Haven't been able to get on for days
he doesn't have the skills to make his own obey wood pieces.

and the giant forum is not kaput. the owner is out of town and it will be fixed in a few days.
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:57 pm

dundun wrote:
fribhey wrote:

yes, arthunter99 = babs = whitefish.

he was once looking to open up a gallery in arizona and told me in a PM that he made a lot of money and was able to retire in his 30s - which i honestly believe. i have no reason to doubt he's got a lot of money to spend. he's like a kid in a candy store when it comes to art and yet always ends up buying the old stale candy that nobody else wanted. i guess he gave up trying to promote/market/hype other artists and is now trying to pull a MBW
Last edited by fribhey on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Luls. Yer outta yer mind if ya believe a word duke says.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. Yer outta yer mind if ya believe a word duke says.
This.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:04 pm

fribhey wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:At one point babs was talking about how he was making his own obey wood pieces. He has had a bunch of those up individually for awhile

Side note is the giant kaput? Haven't been able to get on for days
he doesn't have the skills to make his own obey wood pieces.

and the giant forum is not kaput. the owner is out of town and it will be fixed in a few days.
I never said they were good wood pieces. Just taking pasters and puting them on panels
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Wtf
there is a book to be written
in these here forum halls

Drama mystery crime
its a sure fire top seller!!