General art-related discussion.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:32 am

sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 am

nice one dude!!!!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:27 am

Hello, I just found a box of these that I had stashed away since the 90's

The bottom Andre is the most recent sticker for comparison for sizing

If anyone has questions about their Old school stickers PM me and I can help you out. I know it is tough getting these and verifying if they are legit. These were the type of stickers that you had to send Shepard Fairey a check in the mail to get LOL. Hope this helps!
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Came across a two dollar bill, does Shepard still do that?
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
hexterb
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:39 pm

lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:Came across a two dollar bill, does Shepard still do that?
Yep. There is a mailing address somewhere in this thread where you can send it. The more creative the submission, the better the returns or at least that's my experience. I've seen some others get really cool stuff as well. Some have only received a handful of stickers though.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:41 pm

hexterb wrote:
lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:Came across a two dollar bill, does Shepard still do that?
Yep. There is a mailing address somewhere in this thread where you can send it. The more creative the submission, the better the returns or at least that's my experience. I've seen some others get really cool stuff as well. Some have only received a handful of stickers though.
from what i've seen, regardless of the creativity the stickers are the result.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
hexterb
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:48 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
hexterb wrote:
from what i've seen, regardless of the creativity the stickers are the result.
What I got back from my submission is on page 510 of this thread. I haven't sent anything in since then so you may well be right Sidewaysscott.
Mapman
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:03 pm

I suspect you need to do something a little a bit above and beyond to get some thing really cool. I created a photo collage and printed it out in two different colorways, then sent them in. I still just got stickers, but it was probably 3-4 times as many as most that I've seen posted, plus a couple of rare ones.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Thanks for the info guys I'll post what I get.
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
soupysound
EB Team

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:27 pm

i sent them a three 2 dollar bills (and some small pencil sketches). received a fairly large amount of stickers back. i seem to recall someone sending a larger OG obey related piece to them (in a tube) and they sent them a print back in the tube.

no1gdman
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:00 pm

I sent in something that I thought was creative along with some stickers from my private stash and extra stamps because I didn't know what they would be sending back. I just got back a bunch of stickers. Nothing rare. Kind of a hodge podge of the different sticker packs combined. I was really bummed. They also didn't send back the extra stamps and I actually had to pay to receive the package because the postage wasn't right on the return envelope.

An all around FAIL on my part.

I think it just depends on the time and the day. Who opens it. What kind of mood they are in. Etc.
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Safe to say if you expect to get back $2 worth of stickers you are always going to be happy with the results, but yes it does seem to be very much how the mood strikes that determines the results, but have never felt in any way shorted
no1gdman wrote:I sent in something that I thought was creative along with some stickers from my private stash and extra stamps because I didn't know what they would be sending back. I just got back a bunch of stickers. Nothing rare. Kind of a hodge podge of the different sticker packs combined. I was really bummed. They also didn't send back the extra stamps and I actually had to pay to receive the package because the postage wasn't right on the return envelope.

An all around FAIL on my part.

I think it just depends on the time and the day. Who opens it. What kind of mood they are in. Etc.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Last year I sent a couple $2 I had drawn on and put them inside a puzzle box and got a print in return. This year I made a Christmas card and only received a bunch of stickers. All were stickers I didn't have so was stoked to get'em.

dryerase
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:17 pm

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2016/01/s ... =Curbed+LA

Interesting to see the house that Obey built (or paid for at least).
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm assuming the house will come with all the HPMs, pasters, spray cans, etc? :D