Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 pm

eleaf wrote:could be the long awaited wildflowers re-issue.
That's my guess.

Maybe Shep did the cover/album art?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:34 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:20+ year old banner with hand-painted sections. A little taller than Andre.
Cool! Yours?
bulkhead72 wrote:Yep!
Where are you planning to display it?
ebay buyer house :)
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:36 pm

kansasbbq wrote:Where are you planning to display it?
The main reason I decided to frame the two halves separately is because of flexibility. If I display both halves next to each other, I will have to move some things around. It would essentially take over any one wall. Will see how it looks.

I can potentially just display one "half" if needed. Think it turned out pretty cool, as it reminds me of the old school Andre Half Face Left/Right images.

"Worst" case, I will display it in the garage.
liptonsweettea wrote:ebay buyer house :)
No need for the snarky remarks. I didn't frame something this big to just sell it off. We could compare Obey collections, but I don't think you want to go there.
Last edited by bulkhead72 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:43 pm

bulkhead72 wrote: We could compare Obey collections, but I don't think you want to go there.
hahahaha, gtfo. 3 years ago you were still on mondo train. smh.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 pm

That's hilarious. I've been collecting Obey for many years. I started off with clothing, however, not artwork. I still have many of the old stuff.

My comment still stands. In any case, I don't think snarky comments are warranted, when I am simply sharing my Obey pickup in an Obey thread. You have an issue with that?

Every now and then you will pop up and try to take a "jab" at me. Does it make you feel better about yourself? It's really not cool. I wish you would just meet me in person and talk Obey some day. We both love it. No need for negativity.

If you want to stop by my place and check out my collection, you are most welcome to do so.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:50 pm

jjttdw wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:Yep!

Someday you'll have to share how you sniff these things out.
#craigslist
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:52 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:That's hilarious. I've been collecting Obey for many years. I started off with clothing, however, not artwork. I still have many of the old stuff.

My comment still stands. In any case, I don't think snarky comments are warranted, when I am simply sharing my Obey pickup in an Obey thread. You have an issue with that?
compare our collection? you want to compare money in the bank too? gtfo. i dont care of what you have and i dont care to share mine. there are more in life than posters bro, you should look into that. im out. peace
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Of course, "you're out." Just drop your negativity. I have invited you to come check out my collection because I want to show you that I am a fan and collector of his work.

I don't know how else I can demonstrate that to you. Hopefully then you will stop with the snarky comments. You realize that you take jabs at me every few months, right? What is that about?
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:59 pm

liptonsweettea wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote: We could compare Obey collections, but I don't think you want to go there.
hahahaha, gtfo. 3 years ago you were still on mondo train. smh.
ISO Mondo train soundtrack album.

Epic pickup Bulkhead!!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Haha, thanks!
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 pm

I'd love to be a neutral third party judge on each of your OBEY collections.

Please PM me your pin numbers. An official judges decision will be rendered within 72 business hours.

Thanks and good luck!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Each of you send me your most beloved obey and I will settle this.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Seriously though, can we quit taking swipes at each other, in general? I think we will find that the forum is a much nicer place without negativity and snarky remarks and takedowns.

See how much this thread has now derailed. I just posted a pickup that I was excited to get framed, that's all. Figured this group would appreciate it.

Lipton, I apologize for that comment. I got angry for a second there. I did not really mean what I said about comparing Obey collections. However, if you want to ever discuss Obey in person or if you wish to check out my collection (if you want to), my invitation is open.

I would just appreciate if we were all just a little nicer to each other.
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:22 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:Seriously though, can we quit taking swipes at each other, in general? I think we will find that the forum is a much nicer place without negativity and snarky remarks and takedowns.

See how much this thread has now derailed. I just posted a pickup that I was excited to get framed, that's all. Figured this group would appreciate it.

Lipton, I apologize for that comment. I got angry for a second there. I did not really mean what I said about comparing Obey collections. However, if you want to ever discuss Obey in person or if you wish to check out my collection (if you want to), my invitation is open.

I would just appreciate if we were all just a little nicer to each other.
I for one didn't lose sight of an epic OBEY pickup and frameup you just unleashed on the forum. I love seeing OBEY history from fellow collectors and enthusiasts and would be bummed if outbursts/disagreements impacted someone from sharing these awesome things.

Congrats bulkhead!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:34 pm

#kumbaya
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.