Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
omyweenis
Art Expert
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 am
Location: Los Angeles

Sat May 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Why not let the first 550 people to cart finish transaction? I guess the bots would still grab a bunch at a time. Tough out here Yo!! :cry:
cktbreaker
Art Expert
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 am

DMBfan wrote:Might have kept that to myself. They're going to love the emails they get now. :roll:
Before this guy, no one EVER cried to obey for a print.
User avatar
ToonKiller
Art Expert
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: High Plains Drifter

Sun May 12, 2019 10:26 am

Image
User avatar
Arterre
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 am

Sun May 12, 2019 3:01 pm

HenryGaleWasHere wrote:Might as well just release the editions on ebay now...
1. This may be the best idea, Obey just posts the whole edition on Ebay , Ebay likely has a system that can not be compromised by the bots, first come first served .

2. Lottery , If the edition is 550 prints, then 5500 buyers sign up for Lottery , then we each have a 1 in 10 chance ! Seems way better than our odds now
If the Bots were not buying, how many people would enter the lottery ? 2-3000? any guesses?
bsharp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Supposedly there were 80+ of these restocked 20min ago. Did anybody manage to grab one?
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52170
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon May 13, 2019 2:10 pm

You'd think they woulda banned those orders since only #bots woulda known about it.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bsharp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Codeblue wrote:You'd think they woulda banned those orders since only #bots woulda known about it.
That or lucky F5-ers / the unemployed
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52170
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon May 13, 2019 2:18 pm

Luls. Not really.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10783
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Mon May 13, 2019 2:34 pm

They probably tipped off those that send emails about time of restock. Old school Ducky style,
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52170
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon May 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Crybaby only drop?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 2:47 pm

No one here monitors the site? What year do we live in
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
bsharp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 2:56 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:No one here monitors the site? What year do we live in
You're not wrong. But I mean... cancelling bot/flipper orders and then putting them back up without announcing it in any way is just asking for bots to snatch them back up. I don't know what they're doing over there.
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 3:01 pm

bsharp wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:No one here monitors the site? What year do we live in
You're not wrong. But I mean... cancelling bot/flipper orders and then putting them back up without announcing it in any way is just asking for bots to snatch them back up. I don't know what they're doing over there.
Almost two minutes to sell out. Doesn't sound like bots to me
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
User avatar
thefiend5
Art Expert
Posts: 1185
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 3:13 pm

+1 one on the restock
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52170
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
bsharp wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:No one here monitors the site? What year do we live in
You're not wrong. But I mean... cancelling bot/flipper orders and then putting them back up without announcing it in any way is just asking for bots to snatch them back up. I don't know what they're doing over there.
Almost two minutes to sell out. Doesn't sound like bots to me
Not really. 30 secs tops. #iwasthere
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Post Reply