Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Shep buying on eBay and then banning the user would set up some kind of terms of service exploit they could potentially screw him in the end for violating some kind of privacy terms of service.

You can set up as many safeguards on the site as they can come up with, but they'll all be broken with the next update to whatever the hot bot is.

The answer could be even simpler; control the marketplace. Contact eBay as OBEY and become verified partner. eBay has a huge list of brands they already work with, and using Sheps image of the print for the listing is a violation of the eBay copyright policy if he needs reasons to be pedantic to get through to eBay. A simple rule like eBay stating that resell of Obey posters must have original images would curb premature listings a bit in the first place. I imagine these botbros are so drymounting lazy that the act of them unrolling the poster and taking a picture themselves is too much work for them and they'll move on to the next hot Funko drop.

And to add to extra work - botbros would have to wait another two weeks until they get the poster to get their money back? Botbros need that flip money instantly, which is why its always a race to the bottom with pricing - they gotta pay their Dad back as soon as possible so they can borrow his car on the weekend.

No skin off my sack. The irony is always what gets me in these situations though, spare me the anti-flipper rhetoric. If Shep would skip out on posting diatribes about his ethics it'd be a non-issue.
fribhey
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 8:08 pm

EgoDeath wrote:Shep buying on eBay and then banning the user would set up some kind of terms of service exploit they could potentially screw him in the end for violating some kind of privacy terms of service.

You can set up as many safeguards on the site as they can come up with, but they'll all be broken with the next update to whatever the hot bot is.

The answer could be even simpler; control the marketplace. Contact eBay as OBEY and become verified partner. eBay has a huge list of brands they already work with, and using Sheps image of the print for the listing is a violation of the eBay copyright policy if he needs reasons to be pedantic to get through to eBay. A simple rule like eBay stating that resell of Obey posters must have original images would curb premature listings a bit in the first place. I imagine these botbros are so drymounting lazy that the act of them unrolling the poster and taking a picture themselves is too much work for them and they'll move on to the next hot Funko drop.

And to add to extra work - botbros would have to wait another two weeks until they get the poster to get their money back? Botbros need that flip money instantly, which is why its always a race to the bottom with pricing - they gotta pay their Dad back as soon as possible so they can borrow his car on the weekend.

No skin off my sack. The irony is always what gets me in these situations though, spare me the anti-flipper rhetoric. If Shep would skip out on posting diatribes about his ethics it'd be a non-issue.
The answer is even simpler than that, Shep should start pricing his prints at market value which would cut out the flippers entirely.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Shep has been installed into the flip even if prices raised / editions lowered.
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri May 10, 2019 9:13 pm

The idea of them buying fudge off eBay to find out who it is....

Is just stupid
mmmm Beer :pint:
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Fri May 10, 2019 10:31 pm

DickButt wrote:What a fun new chapter in the Obey drop story. Almost as good as when they released Wrong Path at 5a by accident. Almost.
That was amazing waking up on EST and seeing everyone complain. Instant "you owe me" attitude right after from whoever didnt check the store 5am lol
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
DickButt wrote:What a fun new chapter in the Obey drop story. Almost as good as when they released Wrong Path at 5a by accident. Almost.
That was amazing waking up on EST and seeing everyone complain. Instant "you owe me" attitude right after from whoever didnt check the store 5am lol
I hate waking up on EST, even living on EST.
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
fredo
Art God

Fri May 10, 2019 11:19 pm

fribhey wrote:
EgoDeath wrote:Shep buying on eBay and then banning the user would set up some kind of terms of service exploit they could potentially screw him in the end for violating some kind of privacy terms of service.

The answer is even simpler than that, Shep should start pricing his prints at market value which would cut out the flippers entirely.
But then...not so street.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Arterre
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 am

What about a lottery system that allows the ‘winners’ to be able to purchase a new print ?
Isn’t Graffiti prints .com already doing that ?
I’d be happy to at least have a small chance to get a print direct, instead of buying from the tennis shoe kids :neutral:
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 11, 2019 2:45 am

I've been out of the loop for a while, but what in the world is going on with the Liberte print?
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sat May 11, 2019 9:50 am

Macron hung one in his office a while back and there was a picture of him with it in the background in many papers > instant classic
I'm not someone else.
ryktjoszef
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 11, 2019 10:15 am

Greetings! Thank you for your intended support during the Hello My Name Is screen print sale yesterday. We apologize for the issue(s) you experienced and we are working to resolve them. We were able to refund several double orders and that means we have a print to offer to you! Please look for another email from us later today. It will contain a link to purchase the Hello My Name Is screen print. The print will be offered for a limited time (24 to 48 hours). If you are still interested we recommend you send payment at your earliest convenience to ensure the print is available for you. Please look for that email to arrive separately by the end of the day.
thank you!

OBEY TEAM
DMBfan
Art Expert

Sat May 11, 2019 10:38 am

Might have kept that to myself. They're going to love the emails they get now. :roll:
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sat May 11, 2019 2:04 pm

DMBfan wrote:Might have kept that to myself. They're going to love the emails they get now. :roll:
Seqret
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Fully agree. If you kindly asked for a favor you’d better keep that for yourself
Prints and originals at http://www.unframed.bigcartel.com or instagram @unframededitions
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.