Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
thefiend5
Art Expert
Posts: 1189
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Anyone have any info on the upcoming misfits stuff this Friday
User avatar
ciphe
Art Expert
Posts: 1318
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:11 pm

thefiend5 wrote:Anyone have any info on the upcoming misfits stuff this Friday
Image
User avatar
misterwhisper
Art Expert
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:56 am

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:45 pm

This went pretty quick.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5360
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:53 pm

i like the box design too. was kinda hoping they would be stenciled but still looks cool. wonder how many they sold
Image
User avatar
Arterre
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 am

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 am

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shepard-Fairey ... SwKGxazGfr

Dis looks like a forgery to me. The paper seems way too textured , and mistake in color offset . Well, what do we expect for an expensive print
that Obey gives away the PDF file to download and " print your own" and this one has a passable signature
I expect fakes will be an increasing problem as his prints get costly .

on to[pic, So many fake Dali prints out there, it's funny
There is a story published about Dali being stopped at the Belgium border with 20,000 sheets of Dali signed blank printing papers
he realized he could make more money just selling his signature to "do it your selfers"
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52403
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:11 am

Luls. Looks fine to me.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:21 am

Codeblue wrote:Luls. Looks fine to me.
this. seems like it might be legit. paper seems to be within the realm of the normal speckletone paper. seller has sold many APs previously. seems to have a connections with getting APs.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
Arterre
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 am

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 am

Arterre wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shepard-Fairey ... SwKGxazGfr

Dis looks like a forgery to me. The paper seems way too textured , and mistake in color offset . Well, what do we expect for an expensive print
that Obey gives away the PDF file to download and " print your own" and this one has a passable signature
I expect fakes will be an increasing problem as his prints get costly .

on to[pic, So many fake Dali prints out there, it's funny
There is a story published about Dali being stopped at the Belgium border with 20,000 sheets of Dali signed blank printing papers
he realized he could make more money just selling his signature to "do it your selfers"
What about the hairs stuck in the ink in the upper right pics , never seen hair before , and speckletone cream is smooth,
that looks like 120 lb Arches water color paper to me
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52403
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 am

Eyes be playing tricks on ya homie. the hair is prolly a leftover pube from duke having one final peen rub before listing it.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 am

Seriously. People need to drymounting think before they starting accusing others' of forgeries. FYI. The digital version is different from the print version if you get the urge to grind a few out with the office printer.

:hanging:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52403
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:55 am

Years ago I had a EBer tell me that the Imperial Glory screen print I was selling was a fake because the print was never numbered, was larger, and still available on the Obey site.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:03 am

People are drymounting idiots...

- Rup
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
misterwhisper
Art Expert
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:56 am

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:49 am

Arterre wrote:
Arterre wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shepard-Fairey ... SwKGxazGfr

Dis looks like a forgery to me. The paper seems way too textured , and mistake in color offset . Well, what do we expect for an expensive print
that Obey gives away the PDF file to download and " print your own" and this one has a passable signature
I expect fakes will be an increasing problem as his prints get costly .

on to[pic, So many fake Dali prints out there, it's funny
There is a story published about Dali being stopped at the Belgium border with 20,000 sheets of Dali signed blank printing papers
he realized he could make more money just selling his signature to "do it your selfers"
What about the hairs stuck in the ink in the upper right pics , never seen hair before , and speckletone cream is smooth,
that looks like 120 lb Arches water color paper to me
Jesus. This print is absolutely not a forgery. I've purchased from this seller before, and not only is this seller legitmate, but like halftone says, the seller has valid access to APs.
User avatar
misterwhisper
Art Expert
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:56 am

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:55 am

Oh yeah, also -- that's definitely not Arches watercolor paper. Arches watercolor paper is cotton rag. Cotton rag doesn't have the flecks and shives that the pulp-based speckletone that Fairey uses has.
User avatar
misterwhisper
Art Expert
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:56 am

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:05 am

stuckeyc wrote:i like the box design too. was kinda hoping they would be stenciled but still looks cool. wonder how many they sold
I wish it was stencilled. I would've bought a dozen.
dartboard.jpg
Post Reply