Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Kramerica wrote:Part of his shtick is pricing his art low to keep it available for the masses tho.
No I get it, but who knows maybe he’s tired of that bs considering they’ve been going full-force with the refunds. Much easier to police an edition of 75 vs 450.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Luls. Don't be ridiculous.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Celsius
Flipper

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
toobs wrote:considering 1/3 of wrong path has no real design elements except for a giant obey flag on the left side i think Golden Future is the best large format so far . . .
Exactly. If I’m paying $900 for a print ya better fill the paper with more pretentious imagery
Yup. Also Wrong Path has the hottest obey girl compared to the rest. That's why it's flipping highest. You think people know jack fudge about design elements? They just want da hottest of da chicks on da walls.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Celsius wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
toobs wrote:considering 1/3 of wrong path has no real design elements except for a giant obey flag on the left side i think Golden Future is the best large format so far . . .
Exactly. If I’m paying $900 for a print ya better fill the paper with more pretentious imagery
Yup. Also Wrong Path has the hottest obey girl compared to the rest. That's why it's flipping highest. You think people know jack fudge about design elements? They just want da hottest of da chicks on da walls.
It’s science really
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Celsius wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
Celsius is probably right, I doubt the aftermarket really gives a fudge about design elements. And to add to his point, one of the 2 sellers with Wrong Path LF on eBay, just upped his price from $1400, to the $1500 range.
Last edited by dinkydoggy on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Luls. My #hype worked!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:02 pm

Thanks Blue. :pint:
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:02 pm

you have no hype, only misspellings
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
jonnyjett
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:09 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:Would find it hilarious if Shep just said fuq it and released everything large format for now on. Apparently since the dude hates flippers so much it’s a perfect way to keep out the poor mcdoublefails and get them to people who want em. Dude is raking in way more money with the platinum-circle pricing anyway.
Hence this starting bid: https://one.bidpal.net/lomaximo2018/browse/all
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:39 pm

Sometimes it is actually a pretty good strategy to up the price when fudge is not selling. Not sure it will it work in this case at this point though.

Just checked the bay asking prices for the 18x24 Wrong Path and they are pretty ridiculous. Glad I grabbed more than one though.
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:15 am

bubbie wrote:Sometimes it is actually a pretty good strategy to up the price when fudge is not selling. Not sure it will it work in this case at this point though.
The last LF for Wrong Path sold on ebay for $1500, so considering there are only 2 up now and they're both at $1500 and $1600, I think they stand a decent chance of selling at around their asking price.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:28 am

Wasn't the last one sold listed for $1,350 and ended with the best offer accepted? Not that I particularly care though.
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:45 am

bubbie wrote:Wasn't the last one sold listed for $1,350 and ended with the best offer accepted? Not that I particularly care though.
I believe you're talking about an earlier sale; this is the one that sold last on 04/03 for $1500 (I cross-referenced EB records to get the actual sale price), original asking was $1800:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrong-Path-Lar ... 7675.l2557
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:35 am

Celsius wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
or they REALLY like the Number 3....
Arterre
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:43 am

SpaceYourAntelope wrote:
Celsius wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
or they REALLY like the Number 3....
Yea, I like everything about the Wrong Path print , the 3 adds an element of enigma, mystery
which adds depth in repeated viewings.. I just made a 36 x 48 frame for it, the size and composition is stunning .

About editions of 70, it’s a common edition size for Rauschenberg and Jasper Johns , a couple of Shep’s heroes.
With scarcity of small editions, He can elevate his art world cachet, his prices, and tone down this whole flippin’ Industry .
Maybe the ‘Tunnel ‘ fiasco of 1200 copy ( unlimited edition, ha! ) prints was the last straw for Shep , and he’s thinking
it’s time to up his game , and create prints with some real rarity ,and see what happens to his career next. .
More status, money and less work . He paints giant walls, why not make just larger prints ?
Personally I would like to see less average print releases, and more rarity and quality.
By the way, do obey staff read these blogs?