Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:35 pm

IronBott wrote:
dolamite24 wrote:
jjttdw wrote:I'm just happy they ship the letterpresses flat. I didn't like it when they shipped a couple in tubes.
Seriously. That was really annoying for a brief time.
Sure but in which parallel universe is shipping flat more expensive ?
It takes much longer to pack a print flat than it does rolled. Employees who pack prints don’t work for free.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:38 pm

fribhey wrote:
IronBott wrote:
dolamite24 wrote:
jjttdw wrote:I'm just happy they ship the letterpresses flat. I didn't like it when they shipped a couple in tubes.
It takes much longer to pack a print flat than it does rolled. Employees who pack prints don’t work for free.
Ok then how come Josh Keyes tiny showcase are shipped flat for 5$ intl ?
Honest question, is it because of the embossed paper on letterpress ?
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 pm

chevyav53 wrote:
oldfartatplay wrote:paypal made me enter a security code which they texted me :hanging: ????
I was trying with Paypal the last several times, though it worked before seemed so slow recently. Used Chrome and CC this time and was much faster.
Can you do this with Chrome mobile too? I am always at work when prints drop so i have to use my phone for ordering every single time.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 pm

IronBott wrote:
fribhey wrote:
IronBott wrote:
dolamite24 wrote:
Ok then how come Josh Keyes tiny showcase are shipped flat for 5$ intl ?
Honest question, is it because of the embossed paper on letterpress ?
Because the tiny prints are place between two thin pieces of cardboard and just shoved into a thin cardboard envelop. The tiny prints are poorly packed and are shipped first class mail.

The obey letter presses are individually wrapped, taped down to a thick piece of cardboard, sandwiched between another piece of cardboard, which is also taped together, and put into a thin box. They are also shipped priority.

Shipping materials, and postage, used by obey are more expensive and they spend more time properly packing the letterpress prints.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 pm

fribhey wrote:
charter wrote:When did obey start sending an email order confirmation with how to unwrap prints for dummies?
they started adding the instructions this past July
Where are the instructions for unpacking the letterpresses doe?!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Codeblue wrote:
fribhey wrote:
charter wrote:When did obey start sending an email order confirmation with how to unwrap prints for dummies?
they started adding the instructions this past July
Where are the instructions for unpacking the letterpresses doe?!
1) take an xacto knife and jab it into the box
2) twist box until tape starts to peel up.
3) quickly rip tape off
4) open box, remove packed print and repeat steps 1-3 to remove print
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Now my lp is cut. Pls send a replacement.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 pm

somebody is comparing Tiny Showcase packing to this? :eh:
I believe there was numerous complaints regarding that topic in several TS Josh releases- thin cardboard mailer with a kiss of goodluck :rolling:
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:57 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
oldfartatplay wrote:paypal made me enter a security code which they texted me :hanging: ????
I was trying with Paypal the last several times, though it worked before seemed so slow recently. Used Chrome and CC this time and was much faster.
Can you do this with Chrome mobile too? I am always at work when prints drop so i have to use my phone for ordering every single time.
Unfortunately I’ve never tried on my mobile. Was at work too, actually delayed a meeting as at my desk to try to catch it. Good to be the boss at times. Didn’t need it but was kind of pissed I missed some of the recent drops I liked it enough to try this way. It was much better than PayPal, for me. Even when I set up PayPal ahead of time it would hold me up at times, Chrome & CC = +1
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 am

IronBott wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:
IronBott wrote:
Marciano315 wrote:+1, haven't bought a Fairey in well over a year, is $20 for shipping the new thing?
They charged me 36$ on this one, and last week only 34 for an order of a 16x24 and a 24x36 combine.
I am confuse
I thought it was more due to letter press and being shipped flat but it is the same I paid for his tubes shipped. Coming from a few hours away I thought it might be less too. But not even close to the most expensive shipping I've paid.
Here's the official answer I got: "The additional shipping is due to the additional insurance on this package."
Luls. They always find the weirdest answers. I have quite a few gems in my inbox.
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Coming Tuesday
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 pm

with the language optics and golden, the right side seems like a sunglasses ad.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Yes, ISO. :pint:
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:57 pm

I like the left print better than the right print.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
dodgers77
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 pm

jjttdw wrote:I like the left print better than the right print.
ISO left print :P !