Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
rka00
Art Expert

Mon May 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Codeblue wrote:Based on the show announcement. Duh.
c'mon blue not at the show, yes, duh...I'm talking about releases that I'd actually have a shot at, although, the show is tempting :clap:
zeero
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 16, 2017 6:28 am

Got my first damaged shipment from Obey Giant. Tube was waterlogged, posters damp throughout. Anyone knows what they do in the way of damaged shipments, ie. replacements or refunds? Specifically waterlogged prints, where the damage is not photographable, at least until they're flattened.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Tue May 16, 2017 9:16 am

zeero wrote:Got my first damaged shipment from Obey Giant. Tube was waterlogged, posters damp throughout. Anyone knows what they do in the way of damaged shipments, ie. replacements or refunds? Specifically waterlogged prints, where the damage is not photographable, at least until they're flattened.
Contact Obey, they're usually pretty reasonable.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue May 16, 2017 4:31 pm

You can always send them a picture of the waterlogged tube with the address label showing. I think they might get the point.
sendit2d
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm

zeero wrote:Got my first damaged shipment from Obey Giant. Tube was waterlogged, posters damp throughout. Anyone knows what they do in the way of damaged shipments, ie. replacements or refunds? Specifically waterlogged prints, where the damage is not photographable, at least until they're flattened.
I would send them some pics of the tube and the damp prints. They've always sent out replacements when things arrived damaged. They insure their shipments through UPS so there shouldn't be a problem. They have you file a claim and once that's approved they'll usually send you an AP as a replacement unless you specifically ask for the same number again. Good luck!
IWish
Art Expert

Tue May 16, 2017 7:13 pm

I know this print is 'old news' - pic of actual print. Much less saturated (yellow) than the jpeg shown in the db. It's a cool looking print.

zeero
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanks guys. I contacted them immediately with photos but haven't had a reply yet. I'm international so I can't file a claim, or at least their FAQ says just contact them. The prints have dried and they are now stiff unlike others I have. I unrolled them and they are wavy and uneven. Definitely ruined.
gfraser
Art Expert

Wed May 17, 2017 8:01 am

zeero wrote:Thanks guys. I contacted them immediately with photos but haven't had a reply yet. I'm international so I can't file a claim, or at least their FAQ says just contact them. The prints have dried and they are now stiff unlike others I have. I unrolled them and they are wavy and uneven. Definitely ruined.
Dont worry, they will replace them. They typically send out AP's as replacement.
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

IWish wrote:I know this print is 'old news' - pic of actual print. Much less saturated (yellow) than the jpeg shown in the db. It's a cool looking print.

I thought it was a really cool print until I got it in. All the graphics look like they have jpeg artifacts and pixelation. Really noticeable on the Andre heads. Totally killed my enjoyment.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
IWish
Art Expert

Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 pm

mrsippycups wrote:
IWish wrote:I know this print is 'old news' - pic of actual print. Much less saturated (yellow) than the jpeg shown in the db. It's a cool looking print.
I thought it was a really cool print until I got it in. All the graphics look like they have jpeg artifacts and pixelation. Really noticeable on the Andre heads. Totally killed my enjoyment.
Yeah. Upon closer inspection I see that. Dunno' why he wouldn't clean that up - given he owns the hi res images. I'm going to guess he was going for consistency (style)? TBH...it was the color in the jpeg that I found horrid...didn't get past that until I saw the actual print.
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 17, 2017 5:41 pm

They'll just have you ship it back to them so they can verify the damage. I even sent one back once that they said they couldn't find any damage on, but they still gave me a replacement. That was odd.

Anyway, keep note of the # of the print you get as a replacement and post back on here. I'm just curious. I've gotten #75 more than twice on reships.
gfraser
Art Expert

Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 pm

WaltJocketty wrote:

They'll just have you ship it back to them so they can verify the damage. I even sent one back once that they said they couldn't find any damage on, but they still gave me a replacement. That was odd.

Anyway, keep note of the # of the print you get as a replacement and post back on here. I'm just curious. I've gotten #75 more than twice on reships.
I've had two obey prints replaced over the years. Never had to ship the damaged one back. Seems hit and miss
mlwells04
Art Expert

Wed May 17, 2017 9:23 pm

gfraser wrote:
WaltJocketty wrote:

I've had two obey prints replaced over the years. Never had to ship the damaged one back. Seems hit and miss
Think I'm up to 3 or 4 that have arrived damaged. Going to blame it on living in NYC and being a major hub that tons of packages go through and probably get run over a lot.
I've never had to ship anything back to them, just take photos of the print and tube and they'll sort you out if the have a replacement (might be an AP)
IWish
Art Expert

Wed May 17, 2017 9:43 pm

My tubes always get to ride shotgun...on the dashboard. So far...so good.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 am

Out of curiosity, is anyone else waiting on a shipping notice for Welcome Visitor?
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED