Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9824
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:15 pm

jjttdw wrote:is treejam the same as tee34 on thegiant.org?
Yessir. Indeed. The same guy who scams people and artists, records multiple fake sales, emails artists names of flippers, and who singlehanded created the eelus fiasco earlier this month. He must hold the record (yes, he beats drewJ and blazedout) for most ebeans handles to have been banned. Poor little bugger.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
ErocAfellar
Art Expert
Posts: 4506
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Link for eelus fiasco?
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9824
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm

ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6668
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 pm

I like how the page in the link starts out with me reporting my F5'ing failure.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
MYart
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:42 am
Location: Malaysia

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:27 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Here is the price history

http://expressobeans.com/members/detail ... 58/history

If someone gave me $5k and told me the only thing I could buy is that print at Christies and it would cost all $5k, this would be my response:

Image
Oh dear!

I admit I did bid on these 2 pieces and won it, for under the $3000 estimate but still far above the normal price. I feel like an idiot to have been burned on my first purchase. Why couldn't I find EB before I bid! I rushed and didn't research properly, I mistakenly based my estimate on theirs and this article http://lagunaartmuseum.org/art-auction- ... l-to-date/. I deserve to be flamed for this, be gently please.

I think it is important that I admit I screwed up. I like the art works and will have them framed. I didn't buy it as an investment piece but wasting money is still wasting money.

I won't let this put me off buying but I'll be doing a lot more comparisons and research checking in the future now I know where to look.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9824
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:41 pm

Contact tee34 and ask him his secrets. :lol:
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
choke
Art Expert
Posts: 5143
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:00 am

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:40 am

MYart wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
Here is the price history

http://expressobeans.com/members/detail ... 58/history

If someone gave me $5k and told me the only thing I could buy is that print at Christies and it would cost all $5k, this would be my response:

Image
Oh dear!

I admit I did bid on these 2 pieces and won it, for under the $3000 estimate but still far above the normal price. I feel like an idiot to have been burned on my first purchase. Why couldn't I find EB before I bid! I rushed and didn't research properly, I mistakenly based my estimate on theirs and this article http://lagunaartmuseum.org/art-auction- ... l-to-date/. I deserve to be flamed for this, be gently please.

I think it is important that I admit I screwed up. I like the art works and will have them framed. I didn't buy it as an investment piece but wasting money is still wasting money.

I won't let this put me off buying but I'll be doing a lot more comparisons and research checking in the future now I know where to look.
How many PMs have you received from members generously offering up their fairey collections at "fair and reasonable" prices? O/U stands at 5.5
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7199
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:10 pm

^ ISO Fairey print. :clap:
MrSubjective
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 618
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:58 pm

Image
The Melvins are one of my all-time favorite bands. In 1990, I discovered their albums Ozma and Bullhead and became obsessed. The Melvins channelled Black Flag and Black Sabbath but brought their own unique style that utilized power and negative space, thus creating this amazing tension. I designed this poster for the Melvins documentary “The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale,” which had select screenings last year and more to come in 2017. The film follows the band’s history, with rare behind-the-scenes footage from their early days in Washington to their multiple modern incarnations with an eye on the enduring influence they’ve had throughout their 30-year plus history. The documentary features interviews with Mike Patton, Chris Cornell, Jello Biafra, Gene Simmons, Krist Novoselic, Mark Arm, J. Mascis, Josh Homme, David Yow and many more. I’m thrilled to open this new year with this poster and hope that true fans get their hands on one of these! Happy New Year!

“I always thought it was strange that people didn’t know more about The Melvins and I felt their story needed to be told. The band members told me that a few people had talked the talk but had never followed up on their threats to make a film about them, so a little over two years ago things really fell into place and now the end product is finished for all to see, ” explained Director and Producer Bob Hannam, who worked in tandem with Ryan Sutherby to bring the film to fruition. “It has been a long labor of love for the both of us and we are excited for people to see the film and understand the workings of a truly great band.”

January screenings of the film are confirmed for New York, Phoenix and Dallas with more to be added over the next couple of months. Check http://www.melvinsmovie.com for more info. The film is planned to be released on dvd/blu-ray/digital in April 2017.

MELVINS COLOSSUS PRINT AVAIL. 01/05 @ 10AM (PST) on ObeyGiant.com in Store under Prints. 18 x 24 inches. Screenprint. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Edition of 300. $65. Limit 1 per person/household.
Image
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 pm

I see 2017 is going to start out like poop for the obey camp
Image
User avatar
dodgers77
Art Expert
Posts: 2042
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:36 pm

:thumbdown: very meh.....
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9824
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Any skinny kid want this? Never worn, has tags on it, but did manage to collect some dog hair. Pay shipping and it's yours.


Image


Image
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7061
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:25 pm

pm'ed :rock:
User avatar
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert
Posts: 2144
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 am
Location: Orange County

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 pm

bryndavies wrote:Any skinny kid want this? Never worn, has tags on it, but did manage to collect some dog hair. Pay shipping and it's yours.


Image


Image
Nice. That tee is from back when Obey Clothing was actually pretty good quality.
If he doesn't take it, I will :)
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6668
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:47 pm

I think I beat you both in the PM challenge.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Post Reply