Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
FreeTheWestMemphis3
Art Expert
Posts: 2021
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Any chance for a PB tomorrow? :oops:
ErocAfellar wrote:Repubs don't want to cut government spending. They just want to cut government spending on things they don't agree with.
User avatar
babbtke
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:49 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:26 pm

bryndavies wrote:Oof. Never good coming home to a 1" tube.

Image
Same here except mine was creased, bent, scratched and marked on. To make things even better it got snagged while taking it out of the tube and tore. Then I attempted to slide it into a 18x24 flat file, realizing it was a mm too big to fit, causing more print damage... I gave it the look crumpled it into a small ball and slammed dunked it into the trash.

I then moved on to open a framed and matted Obama Hope 24x36 edition of 600. Shook the box and could hear glass. Glass was broken, frame destroyed and now the piece is no longer mint. Trade bait now...

Oh well it is just paper :oops: Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 7189
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:01 pm

You had it coming on Hope for letting someone send it to you that way.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
babbtke
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:49 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:13 pm

jjttdw wrote:You had it coming on Hope for letting someone send it to you that way.
True that :lol:
User avatar
lujborg
Art Expert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:55 pm
Location: purgatory

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:20 pm

jjttdw wrote:coming on Hope
when peen rubs go wrong
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
User avatar
FOODRAP
Art Expert
Posts: 3346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:15 am
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Contact:

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:09 pm

jjttdw wrote:You had it coming on Hope for letting someone send it to you that way.

Damn homie. Could you give any better encouraging words :hanging: how about some fudge like:

Sorry to hear, hope you didn't think it was ok to ship framed glass
User avatar
shagdonk
Art Expert
Posts: 3574
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:01 pm
Location: Hermosa Beach

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:14 pm

Check out Mr. Sensitive over here.

When ya posting your PB request for tomorrows drop?
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:19 pm

babbtke wrote:
I then moved on to open a framed and matted Obama Hope 24x36 edition of 600. Shook the box and could hear glass. Glass was broken, frame destroyed and now the piece is no longer mint. Trade bait now...

Oh well it is just paper :oops: Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weren't you just trying to sell this over on UAA?

http://banksyforum.proboards.com/thread ... -hope-sale

8)
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Dudes full of fudge. Kinda of like ...

Image

Seriously :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
babbtke
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:49 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:30 pm

samuraiwriter wrote:
babbtke wrote:
I then moved on to open a framed and matted Obama Hope 24x36 edition of 600. Shook the box and could hear glass. Glass was broken, frame destroyed and now the piece is no longer mint. Trade bait now...

Oh well it is just paper :oops: Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weren't you just trying to sell this over on UAA?

http://banksyforum.proboards.com/thread ... -hope-sale

8)
Yuuup and sold it! Mint condition, never framed and still had the smell :!:

For some reason after letting it go I felt the need to fill it's void, so I got greedy and went for another. Also, the original is still hanging in the Smithsonian!
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53668
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:42 pm

babbtke wrote:
samuraiwriter wrote:
babbtke wrote:
I then moved on to open a framed and matted Obama Hope 24x36 edition of 600. Shook the box and could hear glass. Glass was broken, frame destroyed and now the piece is no longer mint. Trade bait now...

Oh well it is just paper :oops: Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weren't you just trying to sell this over on UAA?

http://banksyforum.proboards.com/thread ... -hope-sale

8)
Yuuup and sold it! Mint condition, never framed and still had the smell :!:

For some reason after letting it go I felt the need to fill it's void, so I got greedy and went for another. Also, the original is still hanging in the Smithsonian!
Nooope, because your listing on UAA goes something like this:

24x36 signed and numbered
edition of 600
Shepard Fairey HOPE

Professionally framed

I will place this for auction on another site in January. If you are interested make an offer.

I am located in the US. Serious inquires only, I will also consider trade for Banksy


Read more: http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/1 ... z3vfb0jGm3

8)
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Is the sky blue? Nope. Is water wet? Nope... and what's the deal with no French benefits :lol:

I never realized the lies until I took a look at Banksy & Giant. Dude likes to tell tales that are extremely tall from what I'm seeing and reading.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Wait are you guys saying he is a bullshit artist as well as a bull fudge artist. Mind blown
Image
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 pm

shagdonk wrote:Is the sky blue? Nope. Is water wet? Nope... and what's the deal with no French benefits :lol:

I never realized the lies until I took a look at Banksy & Giant. Dude likes to tell tales that are extremely tall from what I'm seeing and reading.

Trendingart recommends!
Post Reply