Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:39 pm

casmosis wrote:My shipping prices actually dropped by $2 on this print. Anyone else notice cheaper shipping?

No , quite the reverse for Europe ...

The postage is $51 for a $45 print .....

And it's only USPS instead of UPS , which means a guaranteed £8 ($12) handling charge , plus a near on guaranteed wrong charge of 20% on top of that .....

At least with UPS courier delivery we could fool ourselves that we were supposedly getting a superior service for our money.

Without insurance this poster could be posted USA-UK for approx. $18-$20 ...as many on here could testify when I ask them to send me stuff via normal air mail.

This means that we are paying $30 "insurance" for a $45 value print that in all likelihood cost no more than $5-$8 to produce

What a 'kin racket ..... :hanging:

gfraser
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Fattyramone wrote:
casmosis wrote:My shipping prices actually dropped by $2 on this print. Anyone else notice cheaper shipping?

And it's only USPS instead of UPS , which means a guaranteed £8 ($12) handling charge , plus a near on guaranteed wrong charge of 20% on top of that .....

At least with UPS courier delivery we could fool ourselves that we were supposedly getting a superior service for our money.

Without insurance this poster could be posted USA-UK for approx. $18-$20 ...as many on here could testify when I ask them to send me stuff via normal air mail.

This means that we are paying $30 "insurance" for a $45 value print that in all likelihood cost no more than $5-$8 to produce

i am glad its back to usps. ive had to write and request they ship usps every time i bought a print for the last few years. ups adds on taxes and other fees when shipping to canada.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Fattyramone wrote:

Calculate the rate on USPS...it's exactly $51.15.

I don't know what you expect them to do. Why should they accept all the risk of a chargeback by shipping with a untrackable service?
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Thought it was a very smooth drop. Let's see how a higher demand release goes.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Went through very smoothly for me, except for one little blip where it made me enter a phone number coming back from paypal. Not sure why it didn't just autofill it from my paypal info. Anyone else have that problem?
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:23 pm

MillerTime04 wrote:Thought it was a very smooth drop. Let's see how a higher demand release goes.
yeah
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:23 pm

alittle wrote:

Calculate the rate on USPS...it's exactly $51.15.

I don't know what you expect them to do. Why should they accept all the risk of a chargeback by shipping with a untrackable service?
c'mon , it's $45 ! ..forty five lousy poxy dollars.....even the $35 offsets cost $51 in postage.

I don't know for sure , but I would imagine the production costs for these are below $10 a piece.

Shepard preaches "trust in humanity" in many of his images and general ethos of living life , yet shows very little to his own fan base.

Ok , let's imagine there are one or two of us on here that are inclined to claim our money back by saying it's not arrived when it has and defrauding Obey of their money ....after the second -third- time and a pattern starts to emerge Obey just refuse to honour their order ..simple as that.?

Let's not forget that Emek , Chuck Sperry , Mondo , et al, all send out their orders without "belt 'n braces" insurance/tracking , now you can't tell me that they would carry on sending out like that if the fraud you talk about was rife?
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:37 pm

misterwhisper wrote:Went through very smoothly for me, except for one little blip where it made me enter a phone number coming back from paypal. Not sure why it didn't just autofill it from my paypal info. Anyone else have that problem?
Had to as well, just assumed everyone would have to.
battleroyale
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Hey fatty I didn't even notice the shipping change, I've sent an email asking to cancel my order. I can't justify spending over $80 to get a $45 print
spagucci1
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Platinum Club edition

sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Now that one I want.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 pm

The platinum club is a real thing?
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:14 pm

IWish wrote:The platinum club is a real thing?
duh
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:18 pm

Definitely an improvement. But not real, so don't worry folks.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:18 pm

IWish wrote:The platinum club is a real thing?
Yea. I couldn't tell in the email if the red flower was the same red as the background? Did it say 3 or 4 colors?

Either way, smaller edition of 200 on this one.
Same fudge, different drop.