Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
ErocAfellar
Art Expert
Posts: 4512
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:06 pm

With our level of anti perspirant deodorant technology, why is there still wookstank at Phish shows? It's just unbelievable!!!1!
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
User avatar
omyweenis
Art Expert
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 am
Location: Los Angeles

Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Went to Local USPS today and employee told me they got hacked a few days ago. Told me because only two cashiers were open so he helped me through the automated machine. I don't think They are supposed to tell that kind of stuff. Hacking everywhere now days. Crazy!
User avatar
omyweenis
Art Expert
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 am
Location: Los Angeles

Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm

image1-16.jpeg
Struck out bad on drop day. Somehow was able to get these bad boys anyway. Without any help from anyone here. :twisted:
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8589
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:48 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
35mmpaul wrote: You know what. In all seriousness that was my mistake.

I think that came from the fact that for the last month or so you just jump from thread to thread brandying about advice for gallery owners and artists on how they should run their business.

I dont want to have to troll you but you open yourself up for it every time you comment on how things should be run.

And hey if you are doing it and are enjoying it the whole time then have at. But you just annoy the crap out of alot of people on here.
I may annoy you and others, but it is b/c I am not cookie cutter or fit inside any box. I have been successful my whole life questioning things and taking a different approach at it. While it may ruffle feathers.. its my opinions on life and how society and the world should be run. I disagree with how most things currently are in this world.. believe me about that.

And about your other comment... Notice the JLV Gallery doing an in-person release of major artists? That was my point in the other thread. Where I was told galleries in NYC don't do such things and online releases are the only way to do things these days if you want to build a customer base, etc.
People aren't on you because you want things to change.

It's the actual content with what you say. They tend to have no correlation with the discussion at hand. Or be something that can't actually be executed.

Yes JLG is doing an in person show, but then they are releasing any more available prints online. Just like most galleries do. Because if JLG or Bottleneck catered exclusively to local customers, how you have suggested before, their market would in fact dwindle because it lessens the amount of people that have access to their output.

But if you want society to change then maybe the "Anything goes" forum is more your speed

I'm done. Post all you want. I'll enjoy them from afar.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Decoding disinformation. Hmmmm.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
maden
Art Expert
Posts: 8257
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Del Boca Vista

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Image
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Image
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Red, black, and cream. No thanks. Hit me up if you need help.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:43 pm

bryndavies wrote:Red, black, and cream. No thanks. Hit me up if you need help.

PB offer taken.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2501
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Where? When?
User avatar
omyweenis
Art Expert
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 am
Location: Los Angeles

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:47 pm

image1 (2).png
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:53 pm

who, what, where? most Obey stuff leaves me pretty cold but I really liked the 1984 vibe of that one but didn't see it anywhere on the site other than a sold out sign - I am having no luck tonight :(
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:55 pm

It's not sold out. Chill people. This happens a lot. There's going to be three colorways and they just haven't updated the site. clearly their site maintainable isn't super up to speed.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:55 pm

What? Obey did two drops in one day? I see the site updated all 3 colourways. These look like Batman in the Billy Idol style
Last edited by MaxCollinsII on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Original Pure Hemp Rolling Papers NOT Made In CHINA Unlike A Lot Of Our Competitors

PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
User avatar
omyweenis
Art Expert
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 am
Location: Los Angeles

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:56 pm

fitz wrote:who, what, where? most Obey stuff leaves me pretty cold but I really liked the 1984 vibe of that one but didn't see it anywhere on the site other than a sold out sign - I am having no luck tonight :(
im sure it was a mistake. they will fix it soon. Damn HACKERS!!! :lol:
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Jesus christ.
ImageT.K.C.
Post Reply