2%
Lost - Tyler Stout
22%

Total votes: 137
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:15 am

I went with Danger
It's the only one I got but for what I've seen in pictures that should win the prize
Stout did a great job too that would be my second and maybe Rob Jones in third (I don't know why it doesn't get much love!)
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:17 am

Based solely on what I can see - having not watched the show at all - I think that I'm drawn in most by Kevin's Hatch and Rob's Swan. Many of the others look like most other prints from the artists (Danger) or a literal interpretation of the little I know of the show (Crash and Stout). But who knows? Might feel differently after I actually watch the show at some point in the next few years...
Tra la la la la...
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:42 am

Can we get a vote thread for worst LOST Print?
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:07 am

ottomatik71 wrote:Can we get a vote thread for worst LOST Print?
And for you the worst is..?
congested
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 am

Locke's Secret (Moss). Surprised it only has 3 votes at this point.

Danger is a 2nd, Millward 3rd, Stout 4th and Duval 5th.

I've got all of them. Though I haven't seen the Stout, obviously.

"The Barracks" deserves more credit then its been getting imo. Duval did an amazing job with the clouds, mountains, and then the house itself. While I'm not sure I totally buy into the idea that some of the clouds are "smoke" from the wreckage... just as clouds they look great, and I really like the print. While it's my 5th, I'm more likely to hang it than some of the others because it is very serene.

Also the Millward has some excellent glow in the dark elements that will appeal to those familiar with the scene, and show. I won't give them away, but to those who haven't looked at it in the dark, you are in for a treat.

The Danger is just amazing. If Locke's Secret hadn't been the one that drew me into the project the DD would be at the top of my list. Still, Locke's Secret has a place on my wall...

As for the Stout, it's LOST. With many characters and scenes I love. Have no plans on hanging it at all. But I like it, and will keep it, and one day it will find its place.

...So in short.. Those are my top 5, Locke's Secret taking the cake. That and Duval get a space on my wall (ryhmes)... and we'll see from there. :clap:
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:52 am

Printing errors aside, my favourite is still McCarthy's vision. I love how much negative space there is and the position of the characters. That being said, I'm sure Danger's print would be near the top if I had seen it in person. Olly's and Stout's would be next, followed by Tan's and Ryan's.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 am

I voted for slater. I just think he did a really good job of capturing ben. DD's was very close and it's a great poster but it looks like all his other stuff and it's just a picture of a cabin which is kind of boring so I gave the edge to slater.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
middayshadows
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Top five:

L O S T - Tyler Stout lived up the my every expectation. No mean feat. Thing is , his posters are easily twice as cool in person (Inglourious Basterds and FotConchords Portland, blew me away after getting them out of the tubes)- cant wait to appreciate all the details here in person.

The Dharma Van - Inspired work. By making it with vines and flowers and putting it on black paper, Methane recast a seemingly random and innocuous cue from the show as a hearse, and imbued it with meaning. Very nice. Appropriate considering who was in it when the LOSTies found it. Also, hidden blacklight image, subtle use of metallic inks, and amazing detail. Hard to stop looking at it.

Rousseau's Transmission - Thanks to Dan McCarthy for finally distilling a LOST moment into one image - featuring multiple characters. Love those small silhouettes dwarfed by those South Pacific mountains. So cool that the dialogue caption was en francais,and I love the chilling quote, itself.

The Smoke Monster - I was originally turned of by this because I don't like the character Mr Eko. Unbelievable detail by Ken Taylor, and the way he hooked you into the drama of this moment won me over completely. Still have the bruises from kicking myself over not getting this.

The Four Toed Statue - way underrated. Less is more - so many artists forget that. Kudos to the Small Stakes (and Olly Moss for Locke's and Rob Jones for Swan Station) for representing minimalism. As the series progressed it stood out more and more to me, as a symbolic/iconic image, the most 'art gallery-esque' print in the series alongside the Van and the Swan. Also, hidden inks/imagery idea kicks ass, and is completely appropo.

Locke's Secret by Olly Moss is Saul Bass cool and Swan Station is RJ in fine, bold form. They are awesome. It is a crowded top five
Last edited by middayshadows on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
andruw000
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:30 pm

don't watch lost and don't own any of these posters, but tong's print peaked my interest the most.
thesavageguy
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Am I the only one that prefers Tan's Lost collab over Stout's?
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:21 pm

machination wrote:Printing errors aside, my favourite is still McCarthy's vision.
why does everyone assume that was an error in overlapping the colors?? Professional artists and printers do not send out an entire edition with a registration error that significant. It was done on purpose and it looks totally cool...

1) Rousseau's Transmission
2) Danger Jacob's cabin
3) Rob Jones Swan Station
4) T. Stout LOST
5) Tong's the Hatch
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:47 pm

1. Jacob's Cabin - Danger
2. Smoke Monster - Taylor
3. Ben Linus - Slater
4. Lost - Stout
5. The Hatch - Tong
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:57 am

chalkdust wrote:
machination wrote:Printing errors aside, my favourite is still McCarthy's vision.
why does everyone assume that was an error in overlapping the colors?? Professional artists and printers do not send out an entire edition with a registration error that significant. It was done on purpose and it looks totally cool...
It just seems weird.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 am

chalkdust wrote:

2) Danger Jacob's cabin
4) T. Stout LOST
5) Tong's the Hatch
A) It's not a reg error.
B) you should spend more time talking with printers.
not dead
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:59 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:
chalkdust wrote:

2) Danger Jacob's cabin
4) T. Stout LOST
5) Tong's the Hatch
A) It's not a reg error.
B) you should spend more time talking with printers.

Exactly, it's not a reg error. I dont remember anyone assuming/stating that it was. (not sure if Dan printed this himself, or D&L did it, but) They decided not to underprint the background mountains full bleed, and instead tried to line match. The result is you can see the ink overlap. Myself I dont care for that effect - I think it undermines the subtle effect of depth, of the mountains receding in distance. By comparison, I have Dan's 'He Left Yesterday Behind Him' and '10,000 Drums' right in front of me here, both featuring overlapping mountains - screened full bleed- and the result is much more effective and powerful.

Constructive critiquing aside, it's still in my top five.