ABOVE: "Homeless, not hopeless" (H.N.H)

General art-related discussion.
franklinstowr
Flipper

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:07 pm

cadeallaw wrote:
karengolden1 wrote:Seems that my posts about Above related artworks are not appreciated here? :hanging: I'm not "hawking" his works, just informing and simply giving thanks to those who purchased via this forum (and other forums) that we are very thankful for your support on his recent project. I don't get involved with other posts cause I'm quite unfamiliar with other artists and don't have the time.
-Karen.
Hmmm... if you are really confused as to the negativity you are allegedly receiving from this forum, i'm guessing that you could start with this statement
karengolden1 wrote: I don't get involved with other posts cause I'm quite unfamiliar with other artists and don't have the time.
Essentially, I thought that FranklinsTowr was initially pointing out that you were posting under misleading pretenses, that is that you were just trying to pass yourself off as a regular art collector who was just really enthusiastic about Above's work. I subsequently stated that you clearly play a managerial role and thus weren't being misleading. FranklinsTwr then stated that it wasn't necessarily the fact that you were posting under misleading pretenses that bothered him, but that EVERY post from you is occurs in an Above print sale thread, thus you just seem to be using EB solely as a marketing tool for your monetary benefit. People whose first post on EB is a sale thread generally get fudge from other EB members for the same reason. EB would like to look at itself more as a web based communitiy forum as opposed to a place where you can sell prints without having to pay any sort of fee.

To sum it up, I think that Mr. Towr was just inquiring as to why you didn't post in other threads aside from 'Above print sale' threads that you start, however you answered that question nicely.
Bingo! - Cadeallaw hit it right n the head

You answered your own question
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Yeah, that post seriously nailed it on the head.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:00 pm

bloodthrust wrote:Yeah, that post seriously nailed it on the head.
too many syllables for you? Have you ever seriously considered taking your own life?
karengolden1
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:28 am

Let me better explain my purpose on this (and other forums) for the time being. I must admit that I am not the best or well versed art person. I am slowly learning via these forums about other artists and the works they make and sell. It seems like FRANKLINSTOWR (and perhaps others) thought I was simply a collector of Above's artworks. It's true that one of you had pointed out that in fact I "work" for Mr. Above himself in his printed artworks. This is partially true. I am in charge of his newsletters and you can clearly see on his shop section of his website my email listed to write me to be added to the newsletter, thus showing my involvement. I had assumed it was obvious from my previous thread posts with detailed photos, and pre-release information that I was working for Above. I'm not Above's manager as he has another person who helps him with those works. I handle his prints and furthermore helping get the word out to collectors and fans like you who are reading this now. Due to my current "lack" of other artists and their art I can't really comment on the works they do. I do agree with the topic of having EB be a web based community that talks about prints. This is why I inform and post about new releases from Above. If I worked for other artists and my "job" was to post and inform others about their work then I would clearly do that as well. Like I mentioned before I am trying to learn more about other artists that have threads on this forum but I have another job and I can't spend too much time on these forum boards. I will try and get involved in more threads and topics. I look forward to seeing more beautiful artworks from all the different artists.:) Hope this explains myself better.
-Karen.
franklinstowr
Flipper

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:22 am

karengolden1 wrote:Let me better explain my purpose on this (and other forums) for the time being. I must admit that I am not the best or well versed art person. I am slowly learning via these forums about other artists and the works they make and sell. It seems like FRANKLINSTOWR (and perhaps others) thought I was simply a collector of Above's artworks. It's true that one of you had pointed out that in fact I "work" for Mr. Above himself in his printed artworks. This is partially true. I am in charge of his newsletters and you can clearly see on his shop section of his website my email listed to write me to be added to the newsletter, thus showing my involvement. I had assumed it was obvious from my previous thread posts with detailed photos, and pre-release information that I was working for Above. I'm not Above's manager as he has another person who helps him with those works. I handle his prints and furthermore helping get the word out to collectors and fans like you who are reading this now. Due to my current "lack" of other artists and their art I can't really comment on the works they do. I do agree with the topic of having EB be a web based community that talks about prints. This is why I inform and post about new releases from Above. If I worked for other artists and my "job" was to post and inform others about their work then I would clearly do that as well. Like I mentioned before I am trying to learn more about other artists that have threads on this forum but I have another job and I can't spend too much time on these forum boards. I will try and get involved in more threads and topics. I look forward to seeing more beautiful artworks from all the different artists.:) Hope this explains myself better.
-Karen.
I never thought you were a collector of Above's artwork. I knew you worked for him. I don't really care what you do. I was simply stating that it's somewhat annoying when people simply come here to pimp art and use this forum as a method to do so. Which is what your doing. You say it yourself " Like I mentioned before I am trying to learn more about other artists that have threads on this forum but I have another job and I can't spend too much time on these forum boards." The only time you spend here is to promote your own interests , which is to sell Above's work. There's no need for an explanation, you've done quite well explaining your purpose here.
coxgt
Art Expert

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:12 pm

This thread smells like B.O. and cheap brandy.... I'm alergic to cheap brandy... :pint:
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:34 pm

cadeallaw wrote:
too many syllables for you? Have you ever seriously considered taking your own life?
Wow buddy, have a bad day? Next time don't be too quick to assume sarcasm over the internet, I seriously thought your post was dead on.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
krisjay
Art Expert

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:29 am

I don't care for the print, it basically comes down to that for me, my broke, unemployed rearend has to be mighty picky with what is and is not on the buy list, this simply doesn't make the cut. More power to ya for helping the homeless and all, but for myself. charity begins at home right now. Oh, and Happy New Year to all.
Burn, baby, burn!!!!
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:34 pm

bloodthrust wrote:
cadeallaw wrote:
Wow buddy, have a bad day? Next time don't be too quick to assume sarcasm over the internet, I seriously thought your post was dead on.
:oops: oops... you don't have to take your life anymore. But in my defense, you are a jackass 9 times out of 10
txaggie
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:06 pm

hillsj2001 wrote:i'm a bartender and am in contact with the same homeless man everyday (and when i mean everyday, i mean he hasn't missed a day in 5 months)...he comes in at 11:00 every morning, stays until 4:45 and drinks 4-6 22oz beers...at 4:45 he leaves so that he doesn't miss the rush hour traffic and begs for more money so that he can come back and drink 3-5 more until we close...he always pays his bill and never begs directly, but looks for sympathy from everyone...

the other day i started thinking about how much he spends in the bar a month...on average he spends $25 a day which equals out to $600 a month (on top of that he smokes at least 2 packs of cigs a day while at the bar)...i come from an area where the cost of living is pretty low and $600 a month could pay for a 1 bedroom apt, all utilities, groceries, and a shower(he smells terrible)...it makes me sick to see him beg for people's hard earned $$$ only to waste it on beer and cigarettes...he doesn't try to better himself and it really pisses me off...he has become so accustomed to everyone else taking care of him that he doesn't try..

also, a few years back a homeless guy was arrested in our town for being a nuisance...when they searched his backpack they discovered he was carrying over $10k in cash....the whole "homeless please help" was only a scam for free handouts...

i know there are some people out there that are really trying to get back on their feet, but i always think twice about what the money is really gonna be used on...
Does he tip?
txaggie
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 pm

I think the major issue with this thread was not that the issue fell on deaf ears, but that the print was ugly.
evdisease
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Received this right before Xmas, thank you. I think its pretty shaweet. :pint:

I`m nobody, I never did an exposition and a gallery really, I never show any work anywhere and I`m doing this big show and it`s all a make up kinda way you know....
hillsj2001
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:27 am

txaggie wrote:
hillsj2001 wrote:i'm a bartender and am in contact with the same homeless man everyday (and when i mean everyday, i mean he hasn't missed a day in 5 months)...he comes in at 11:00 every morning, stays until 4:45 and drinks 4-6 22oz beers...at 4:45 he leaves so that he doesn't miss the rush hour traffic and begs for more money so that he can come back and drink 3-5 more until we close...he always pays his bill and never begs directly, but looks for sympathy from everyone...

the other day i started thinking about how much he spends in the bar a month...on average he spends $25 a day which equals out to $600 a month (on top of that he smokes at least 2 packs of cigs a day while at the bar)...i come from an area where the cost of living is pretty low and $600 a month could pay for a 1 bedroom apt, all utilities, groceries, and a shower(he smells terrible)...it makes me sick to see him beg for people's hard earned $$$ only to waste it on beer and cigarettes...he doesn't try to better himself and it really pisses me off...he has become so accustomed to everyone else taking care of him that he doesn't try..

also, a few years back a homeless guy was arrested in our town for being a nuisance...when they searched his backpack they discovered he was carrying over $10k in cash....the whole "homeless please help" was only a scam for free handouts...

i know there are some people out there that are really trying to get back on their feet, but i always think twice about what the money is really gonna be used on...
Does he tip?

got a dollar one time, and today he dropped about 16cents on the floor that i swept up