Klausen Sale!!!!!

General art-related discussion.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:50 pm

mistermeek wrote:Longtime lurker here at EB. I have a DS mystery tube in my cart and after discussing it with my partner, I'm going to let it go. I put one in my cart without discussing it with him but didn't buy it immediately as I wanted to talk with him before I did so, and as we are paying down our bills he wasn't pleased that I was considering this purchase. It is for the best, I have what I want from the 2009 tour and this could go to someone that missed out. I'm going to release it when I take off for the day, which will be about 5:30pm. A heads up so everyone has a fair chance at it.

5:30pm EST?
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:53 pm

mistermeek wrote:Longtime lurker here at EB. I have a DS mystery tube in my cart and after discussing it with my partner, I'm going to let it go. I put one in my cart without discussing it with him but didn't buy it immediately as I wanted to talk with him before I did so, and as we are paying down our bills he wasn't pleased that I was considering this purchase. It is for the best, I have what I want from the 2009 tour and this could go to someone that missed out. I'm going to release it when I take off for the day, which will be about 5:30pm. A heads up so everyone has a fair chance at it.
For the person bitching about Mitch's cart yesterday, I think this BS, if true, is far worse.

I don't want this, and didn't try for it ... but, I just think these "hold it in my cart for a day" games are silly. Pity the people that were actually at the site during the sale that have no idea that there are indeed, more left.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 pm

He had to clear it with his partner, have a little sympathy. Judging by his screenname, he may have received a severe beating if he went through with it without permission.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:05 pm

Oh, so he's just a comic nerd.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
heather_honey
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Some people should stay lurkers. There is really no good that can come from the post other than aggravating people.

I like the security of BK's cart system, and I benefitted from it on the Toronto 09 drop when the glitch hit, but this infinite cart thing is not for the greater good, imo.
jcporter wrote:damn...with a name like "heather honey"...it's got to be good!
Give the gift of health and life to needy pets: http://saveuspets.org/
aradwanski
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:25 pm

heather_honey wrote:Some people should stay lurkers. There is really no good that can come from the post other than aggravating people.

I like the security of BK's cart system, and I benefitted from it on the Toronto 09 drop when the glitch hit, but this infinite cart thing is not for the greater good, imo.
i love the security of the cart system, but there should be a limit of 10-15 minutes or something, then it's dropped from your cart, kind of like concert tickets
mistermeek
New User

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:30 pm

*Edit to keep it simple*

5:30est
Last edited by mistermeek on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Welcome out of the ebeans shadows mistermeek! Thank you for being considerate enough to give people a heads up. You could have just dropped it randomly and let the vultures have at it.

Cheers to you! :pint:
KJ
bk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:33 pm

i too don't like the never ending cart set up, unfortunately the guy who built my site, is and has been MIA since august... i have a few other changes I'd like to make to the site but I have no means of doing it... hopefully someday soon, he'll get back to me...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Maybe it's time to find a new web guy.
igotid
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:39 pm

bk wrote:i too don't like the never ending cart set up, unfortunately the guy who built my site, is and has been MIA since august... i have a few other changes I'd like to make to the site but I have no means of doing it... hopefully someday soon, he'll get back to me...
While I don't like the never ending cart, I do really like the ability to browse around a bit and pick up other items...Maybe a limited time limit in cart? Allows me to go back and buy older less popular stuff and save on shipping...
mines
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Don't you wish you woulda done a LOST poster Brad?
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 pm

bk wrote:i too don't like the never ending cart set up, unfortunately the guy who built my site, is and has been MIA since august... i have a few other changes I'd like to make to the site but I have no means of doing it... hopefully someday soon, he'll get back to me...
The never ending cart has saved me when the Mancherster/Toronto 09 were released and couldn't check out until a couple of hours later.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:51 pm

mines wrote:Don't you wish you woulda done a LOST poster Brad?
Would have been sweet! :clap: