Stout Discussion - fmr: tyler stout posters are going insane

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 891
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:28 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:14 pm
never has been a priority or care for me. but some go nuts over it.
Can't remember which print, but it was rare and someone refused to buy it, which was a major ISO for them, because it wasn't #24. Oh well. Good luck in all your future endeavors!
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7139
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:01 am

But what are the ladies going to think if you frame both of them and the numbers aren’t matching? Looser is the answer, obviously.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13925
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:36 am

Nothing an eraser can't fix. Every single one of my prints is number 64. Even if the edition size is smaller.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8581
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:19 pm

there is some dude who is obsessed with getting the last number of a print run with tyler and everytime he posts i just send him links to pencils.

its just a number on a print. i can't imagine caring about that. but whatever.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8625
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:27 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:19 pm
there is some dude who is obsessed with getting the last number of a print run with tyler and everytime he posts i just send him links to pencils.

its just a number on a print. i can't imagine caring about that. but whatever.
That's actually kind of a good idea for giclees.

If you think about it, the last numbered print might be the first one that comes off the printer.
Image
User avatar
liptonsweettea
Art Expert
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:49 am

Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:28 pm

when someone ask me what number is your print, i usually reply what number do you want.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8581
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:53 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:27 pm
35mmpaul wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:19 pm
there is some dude who is obsessed with getting the last number of a print run with tyler and everytime he posts i just send him links to pencils.

its just a number on a print. i can't imagine caring about that. but whatever.
That's actually kind of a good idea for giclees.

If you think about it, the last numbered print might be the first one that comes off the printer.
impossible to tell. the first one printed could be an AP. could be a printers proof. could have the been reordered. pull off the drying racks in a different order.

and still, that print will be 99% the same as a random numbered print of the run
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 13064
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:18 pm

last prints have the best chance to be compressed the least in my experience, and keep their intended thickness.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53293
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:21 pm

What about top stack tho.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 13064
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:33 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:21 pm
What about top stack tho.
paper sat on the bottom of the stack before printing. so thinner. everyone knows this.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8581
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:56 pm

mobius006 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:18 pm
last prints have the best chance to be compressed the least in my experience, and keep their intended thickness.
there is no way to know if the last print in the run was in fact the last one printed. they aren't kept 'in order' from printing to shipping.

also if the last print was the one at the bottom. or if the stack was kept in order.

and i have no idea what print 'compression' and 'intended thickness' means.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18439
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:29 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:56 pm

and i have no idea what print 'compression' and 'intended thickness' means.
Peen related, right?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6052
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:21 pm
What about top stack tho.
I always figured you as a “bottom” guy
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53293
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Luls. Yer still alive!

P.S. How much weight have ya gained since the gyms closed?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6052
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:56 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:53 pm
Luls. Yer still alive!

P.S. How much weight have ya gained since the gyms closed?
Easy 20lb. Looks like they are getting ready to shut down again on Friday. It’s getting harder to lose weight the older I get.

Stay safe!
Post Reply