Stout Discussion - fmr: tyler stout posters are going insane

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3537
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:19 pm

I could see some inclusion of a purple/pink shimmering metallic in another version.
User avatar
Vonschinkel
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 581
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:53 am
Location: Austin, TX

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:25 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:19 pm
I could see some inclusion of a purple/pink shimmering metallic in another version.
FWIW, both versions are awesome.


Image
suckittrebek
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:47 pm

I might have missed this earlier in the thread, but I noticed my standard print has “AP 28/100” and my limited has “AP 28/50” for the numbering.

Does he sign in small batches or something? I expected like 679/3600 and 75/350 or whatever for the specific runs.

Anyway, any help clearing this up for me would be appreciated. Thanks!
User avatar
HelloExactly
Art Expert
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:11 pm

suckittrebek wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:47 pm
I might have missed this earlier in the thread, but I noticed my standard print has “AP 28/100” and my limited has “AP 28/50” for the numbering.

Does he sign in small batches or something? I expected like 679/3600 and 75/350 or whatever for the specific runs.

Anyway, any help clearing this up for me would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sounds like they slightly oversold and you got a matching AP set. Congrats!
User avatar
TonyC
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:47 pm

suckittrebek wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:47 pm
I might have missed this earlier in the thread, but I noticed my standard print has “AP 28/100” and my limited has “AP 28/50” for the numbering.

Does he sign in small batches or something? I expected like 679/3600 and 75/350 or whatever for the specific runs.

Anyway, any help clearing this up for me would be appreciated. Thanks!
Pretty sure everyone who bought a set got matching numbers.
User avatar
HelloExactly
Art Expert
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 pm

TonyC wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:47 pm
suckittrebek wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:47 pm
I might have missed this earlier in the thread, but I noticed my standard print has “AP 28/100” and my limited has “AP 28/50” for the numbering.

Does he sign in small batches or something? I expected like 679/3600 and 75/350 or whatever for the specific runs.

Anyway, any help clearing this up for me would be appreciated. Thanks!
Pretty sure everyone who bought a set got matching numbers.
I don't think that's what he was asking.

His set is matched and marked AP out of /50 and /100

Most everyone who got a matched set has numbered of /375 /3600

tl;dr - He was sent an AP set. The End.
suckittrebek
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:39 pm

HelloExactly wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 pm

I don't think that's what he was asking.

His set is matched and marked AP out of /50 and /100

Most everyone who got a matched set has numbered of /375 /3600

tl;dr - He was sent an AP set. The End.
Bingo! It’s the AP thing I’m asking about. Sorry it wasn’t more clear in my original post.

I’m still new to collecting seriously, just picked up a few prints here and there in the past. So I’m not clear on what the AP part means.
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3343
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 pm

AP stands for Artist Proof, usually 10% of the run and is used for replacements, archiving, etc. Sometimes looked at as more desirable since it is editioned from a smaller group, but they're all printed at the same time.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
suckittrebek
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:20 am

guryter wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 pm
AP stands for Artist Proof, usually 10% of the run and is used for replacements, archiving, etc. Sometimes looked at as more desirable since it is editioned from a smaller group, but they're all printed at the same time.
Excellent. Thanks for explaining. I appreciate it!
User avatar
TonyC
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:28 am

suckittrebek wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:39 pm
HelloExactly wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 pm

I don't think that's what he was asking.

His set is matched and marked AP out of /50 and /100

Most everyone who got a matched set has numbered of /375 /3600

tl;dr - He was sent an AP set. The End.
Bingo! It’s the AP thing I’m asking about. Sorry it wasn’t more clear in my original post.

I’m still new to collecting seriously, just picked up a few prints here and there in the past. So I’m not clear on what the AP part means.
It was clear, I'm just dense. No need to apologize. Props to you being fairly new and scoring a pretty heavily contested Stout print! Not an easy drop. Took me many, many tries and fails on Mondo drops before I figured out how to reliably prevail on these things.
User avatar
dodgers77
Art Expert
Posts: 2159
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Los Angeles

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Mystery tubes landing, so far Monster Squad, Avengers Age of Ultron, and Total recall have surfaced, not too shabby !
Last edited by dodgers77 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53100
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:19 am

No Akira variants? WTF!!!!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
agr719
Art Expert
Posts: 2038
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:16 am

Kill Bill Variant landed yesterday, apparently (not with me, though).
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia

Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Matching numbers for the reg and variant Terminator are a nice touch for my OCD heart
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8557
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:14 pm

never has been a priority or care for me. but some go nuts over it.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Post Reply