Rebafeind
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:23 pm

ya he was out there for a while

would be 86'd if the dude was human
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Honestly kind of shocked that I can't get rid of my Akira reg for the standard 1k price on here. I was even the cheapest one selling. Glad that once I dump my overstock posters I won't have to worry about value anymore.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:27 pm

zombiedictator wrote:Honestly kind of shocked that I can't get rid of my Akira reg for the standard 1k price on here. I was even the cheapest one selling. Glad that once I dump my overstock posters I won't have to worry about value anymore.
akira for 1k will happen

just have to wait another 2-3 months

i believe a bunch just changed hands.
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Do you guys think the landscape of the market will change once everyone starts to realize that older Stouts and older Mondo prints in general are starting to deteriorate? Poster Mountain has stated that there are just some posters they won't work on anymore due to the ink and quality of the paper Mondo used to use. Just curious what will happen once there are no more "Mint" older posters on the market.
Image ImageImage
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:33 pm

TopHatZombies wrote:Do you guys think the landscape of the market will change once everyone starts to realize that older Stouts and older Mondo prints in general are starting to deteriorate? Poster Mountain has stated that there are just some posters they won't work on anymore due to the ink and quality of the paper Mondo used to use. Just curious what will happen once there are no more "Mint" older posters on the market.
I think Poster Mountain made that issue overblown since the particular paper type is difficult for them to work on (check their pricing structure now). Treat your prints well, and they will last a long time.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:34 pm

TopHatZombies wrote:Do you guys think the landscape of the market will change once everyone starts to realize that older Stouts and older Mondo prints in general are starting to deteriorate? Poster Mountain has stated that there are just some posters they won't work on anymore due to the ink and quality of the paper Mondo used to use. Just curious what will happen once there are no more "Mint" older posters on the market.
as of now, all my posters seem fine

i have posters on fudge paper from 1998 that look to be still in good shape.

put them in frames and they will be able to be displayed for a very long time i think
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:35 pm

True, but I mean how many times can you roll a print before the inks start to crack and temperature changes have their affect on the paper? WIth prints changing hands so many times who knows what's happened to it.
Image ImageImage
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Rebafeind wrote:put them in frames and they will be able to be displayed for a very long time i think
Seems to be the best call.
Image ImageImage
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:58 pm

TopHatZombies wrote:True, but I mean how many times can you roll a print before the inks start to crack and temperature changes have their affect on the paper? WIth prints changing hands so many times who knows what's happened to it.
They are not made of gossamer just movie posters printed with heavy inks on paper.
Sometimes people forget these are still just some limited edition prints worth a little more than normal but not classic works of art nor in that price range.

Enjoy em...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Totally agree with you. I'm not a stickler for a "mint" print, hell I'm not even sure such a thing exists when it's a handmade product. Just curious once people who are sitting on prints as investments start to realize that these older grails won't last forever.
Image ImageImage
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Everything lasts forever!
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:00 pm

I've talked to a few people that have started to notice issues with the older Mondo stuff, its not very visible now but they mentioned they intended to sell before things got to the point that they won't be worth as much, definitely food for thought.
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Send em my way...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
danjohnjohnson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Anyone have a clue what year Mondo switched to a more quality ink/paper? I'm pretty sure I'm safe as my oldest Stout is the SW set, I'm just curious is all.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Same fudge, different drop.