Stout Discussion - fmr: tyler stout posters are going insane

General art-related discussion.
wizdom
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Thanks. I'm getting mad PMs offering me the prints for a small markup of a $100 :lol:
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:Attack the Block didn't sell out?! That's one of my favorite movie prints. I knew the film was overlooked but damn...
Narp. Not the reg at least. Still remember that opening up but not biting as I hadn't seen it. Probably still wouldn't be after it having finally seen it - technically fantastic and quite fun, but just couldn't get behind the protagonists. Ah well.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Bruv
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:50 pm

AliRock110 wrote:65.00 plus shipping.

$77 :wink:
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:57 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Image

Bruv
I said it was good! Just couldn't get behind Finn after that introduction. It's a hard narrative wall to scale when you intro your protagonists by having them rob a lady.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:00 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:Image

Bruv
I said it was good! Just couldn't get behind Finn after that introduction. It's a hard narrative wall to scale when you intro your protagonists by having them rob a lady.
that intro actually sold it for me. Srsly tho i wish he would have played finn closer to how he played Moses as Moses acts like i would imagine a Stormtrooper would. I loved AtB
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Yeah but he feels bad about it after and redeems himself by the end of the flick. But I feel ya.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:02 pm

SPAC04 wrote: that intro actually sold it for me. Srsly tho i wish he would have played finn closer to how he played Moses as Moses acts like i would imagine a Stormtrooper would. I loved AtB
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:02 pm

DuoSonic wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Swing and a miss...
Same. Congrats to those who got one!
Got the email. First Stout lotto I've hit in at least 15 tries!
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:04 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
SPAC04 wrote: that intro actually sold it for me. Srsly tho i wish he would have played finn closer to how he played Moses as Moses acts like i would imagine a Stormtrooper would. I loved AtB
He played it a little more low-key, which is totally fine but by the time I found myself capable of rooting for him, film was already half over/prepping the third act and I think I spent too much time accepting that it'd be totally fine if the entire gang got killed. :P It didn't click enough for me, though there was no question that the action was fun and it was technically sound.
zacooper
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Still no luck for me on a lotto yet. Maybe one day I'll own a stout
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:15 pm

When he did the Drive lotto, I told a friend I would PB for him if I won against all odds, so of course that's the only one I've ever been selected for.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:16 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
He played it a little more low-key, which is totally fine but by the time I found myself capable of rooting for him, film was already half over/prepping the third act and I think I spent too much time accepting that it'd be totally fine if the entire gang got killed. :P It didn't click enough for me, though there was no question that the action was fun and it was technically sound.
I've always been into London slang in films (worded to avoid a phrasing issues), brought me to love that show "Top Boy" as well, seems authentic (to a person who has never been to the UK), and i heard somewhere that the casting for AtB was very "Snoop from The Wire" ish. Also I enjoyed the score/ thought the monsters were cool.
ctankep
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:16 pm

+1 reg from the lotto! can't believe my luck, not actively collecting anything lately, decide to enter the lotto on a whim. woo!
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:22 pm

SPAC04 wrote:
jkw3000 wrote: He played it a little more low-key, which is totally fine but by the time I found myself capable of rooting for him, film was already half over/prepping the third act and I think I spent too much time accepting that it'd be totally fine if the entire gang got killed. :P It didn't click enough for me, though there was no question that the action was fun and it was technically sound.
I've always been into London slang in films (worded to avoid a phrasing issues), brought me to love that show "Top Boy" as well, seems authentic (to a person who has never been to the UK), and i heard somewhere that the casting for AtB was very "Snoop from The Wire" ish. Also I enjoyed the score/ thought the monsters were cool.
My wife's from the UK so the slang or the cultural context was not as big of an issue for me. The Wire reference makes sense, though like with the Wire that kind of character appreciation is a complex slow burn, didn't click for me that quickly. To each their own though, but yeah, to loop back - AtB (at least the reg) was open to everybody by the end of that lotto.