Stout Discussion - fmr: tyler stout posters are going insane

General art-related discussion.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5526
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:41 pm

rubberneck wrote:How about that guy that bought an HCG Elite Variant, scored a regular on the drop, got a PB at NYCC and won a variant in the lottery...
#truefan
Image
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:44 pm

its called collecting beard, not kinda wanting
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
TheSub
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:45 pm

TheBeard wrote:
mnachmia3113 wrote:Is it okay to be butthurt over not scoring on the lottery even though I scored a regular on the drop?
No disrespect but I find it incredibly selfish to have a need to deprive someone of potentially nabbing one of these so you can either flip one or because you absolutely need to have both the regular and variant in order to survive.
Welcome to the Hobby. Everything here is fudge.
whitefalconTLE
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:46 pm

No emails for me, 1/5 on the STout lottos. Congrats to those who were able to pick one up!
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
Posts: 4500
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:47 pm

For the record, I didn't enter the lottery as I had no interest in this and, maybe i'm just naive, but I'm of the mindset of if I don't want one, why bother trying to get one? If you already have one, I really don't get the purpose of trying to get another except for the intention of using it for future currency which, in itself is just another way to say flipping since no way will it be used as a bartering tool for less than market value vs the actual value it was bought for.

Just my two cents. I get that most of the people on this board aren't really familiar with the concept of sharing.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
TheSub
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:48 pm

TheBeard wrote:For the record, I didn't enter the lottery as I had no interest in this and, maybe i'm just naive, but I'm of the mindset of if I don't want one, why bother trying to get one? If you already have one, I really don't get the purpose of trying to get another except for the intention of using it for future currency which, in itself is just another way to say flipping since no way will it be used as a bartering tool for less than market value vs the actual value it was bought for.

Just my two cents. I get that most of the people on this board aren't really familiar with the concept of sharing.
:lol:
User avatar
jpfondu
Art Expert
Posts: 2558
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 am
Location: Scotland

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Is it over?
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:49 pm

TheBeard wrote:For the record, I didn't enter the lottery as I had no interest in this and, maybe i'm just naive, but I'm of the mindset of if I don't want one, why bother trying to get one? If you already have one, I really don't get the purpose of trying to get another except for the intention of using it for future currency which, in itself is just another way to say flipping since no way will it be used as a bartering tool for less than market value vs the actual value it was bought for.

Just my two cents. I get that most of the people on this board aren't really familiar with the concept of sharing.
thou is better then most i guess
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
westb59
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm

This was my first Stout lotto and didn't get one.... but these posts might be better then getting a print. :lol:
User avatar
School
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm

What did u winners choose reg or variant?
User avatar
School
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:53 pm

What did u winners choose reg or variant?
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
Posts: 4500
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:53 pm

toobs wrote:
TheBeard wrote:For the record, I didn't enter the lottery as I had no interest in this and, maybe i'm just naive, but I'm of the mindset of if I don't want one, why bother trying to get one? If you already have one, I really don't get the purpose of trying to get another except for the intention of using it for future currency which, in itself is just another way to say flipping since no way will it be used as a bartering tool for less than market value vs the actual value it was bought for.

Just my two cents. I get that most of the people on this board aren't really familiar with the concept of sharing.
thou is better then most i guess
It's not really a question of better, I just don't get it is all. But i'm also not as consumed by the print world as others so perhaps that makes a difference.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8615
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:54 pm

werd
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
Nicodimas
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:11 pm
Location: Phoenix

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:54 pm

See here is the way he should run it:

+1 for Veteran Status <missed pull>
+1 for pass.
(+1 for random other stuff he sells)

You have the chance you buy, or pass on wave one via lottery, or it rolls to drop the next day.

The drops are (( points based))lotto drops, so if you have 1 point you get one part thrown in the hat, if you have 5 points you get five pulls, if you get pulled you get auto-reduced to Zero points for your total points and back to just that entry= 1 point. make sense?
westb59
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Nicodimas wrote:See here is the way he should run it:

+1 for Veteran Status <missed pull>
+1 for pass.
(+1 for random other stuff he sells)

You have the chance you buy, or pass on wave one via lottery, or it rolls to drop the next day.

The drops are (( points based))lotto drops, so if you have 1 point you get one part thrown in the hat, if you have 5 points you get five pulls, if you get pulled you get auto-reduced to Zero points for your total points and back to just that entry= 1 point. make sense?
GREAT SCOTT!!! It makes perfect sense! I will let Tyler know about it right away. :lol:
Post Reply