Stout Discussion - fmr: tyler stout posters are going insane

General art-related discussion.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:45 pm

finneganm wrote:A Drive letterpress variant?
It's just Gosling's face from the portrait. And since it's a letterpress you can feel the grooves of his lips :shock:
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:
finneganm wrote:A Drive letterpress variant?
It's just Gosling's face from the portrait. And since it's a letterpress you can feel the grooves of his lips :shock:
ISO Gosling Fleshlight... :pint:
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
warrocky
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:47 pm

TopHatZombies wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:
finneganm wrote:
warrocky wrote:
Really depends on the print, take Akira for example, the Reg kills the variant.
I'd say this is absolutely true for the JPegs. In person, the metallics on the variant do it for me more than the bright vibrant colors of the regular. Close though, both are great.
The metallics on the Akira variant are sexy.
Something about the saturated colors of the reg remind me so much more of the movie though. I can appreciate some metallics though!
Agree, it reflects the film more for me too. Not sure if there are any other subtle differences, but the reg also has the Coca Cola logo on the truck whereas the variant doesn't, I like those little things :lol: .
Image ISO Olly Moss - Totoro Variant - PM me Image
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:48 pm

So if Stout has a release at SDCC, does that mean there will be a signing, too? If it's a surprise, I am guessing the signing will take place at the Mondo booth then and there, and not a separate 11:30am signing schedule? Just gotta wait and see, I suppose.
essential
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:49 pm

DrewJ wrote:Really? Even Django>?
Yea, I love the red, bright, the variant doesn't look bad by any means, just doesn't pop as much to me. However I've never seen a var in person, just a reg, so maybe the var pops more in person than I know.
punch wrote:Stout nerds are gonna be kinda dissapointed at SDCC, me thinks. There will be a release... but not what you're expecting.
There was speculation that a Stout Pacific Rim might be coming, which would be a disappointment. I was really hoping we'd get some sort of Hobbit print from Stout, or an amazing LOTR trilogy print like Star Wars since Mondo got the license, but someone in the Mondo thread mentioned a while ago that it didn't seem like they had the likeness rights, which kills Stout's style. Any Stout will be welcomed, but it doesn't seem like something massive is on the way.
Last edited by essential on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i flip therefore i am
listerfeend
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:51 pm

essential wrote:I was really hoping we'd get some sort of Hobbit print from Stout, or an amazing LOTR trilogy print like Star Wars since Mondo got the license, but someone in the Mondo thread mentioned a while ago that it didn't seem like they had the likeness rights, which kills Stout's style. Any Stout will be welcomed, but it doesn't seem like something massive is on the way.
Justin confirmed they had likeness rights, and that we will see them coming up.

Obviously hoping it's a Stout.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Stout said something about monsters/creatures emerging from the earth's crust, or something to that effect, so it's gotta be Pacific Rim. The timing makes sense.
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:54 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:Stout said something about monsters/creatures emerging from the earth's crust, or something to that effect, so it's gotta be Pacific Rim. The timing makes sense.
Yeah but he said "prehistoric creatures" so either he was given misinformation or it's not PR :P
punch
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:Stout said something about monsters/creatures emerging from the earth's crust, or something to that effect, so it's gotta be Pacific Rim. The timing makes sense.
Yeah but he said "prehistoric creatures" so either he was given misinformation or it's not PR :P
Which Ghibli has monsters? Everything i've been getting is saying a Ghibli OST and art.
WallyWest78
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:
Stout Tremors???!??

I'd buy me some stout bacon.
GO HABS GO!!!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:57 pm

I last watched Jurassic Park 10+ years ago, but, if I recall correctly, the dinosaurs were cloned and put on an island only, right? Don't remember them emerging from the earth's crust or anything. The first few minutes of Pacific Rim (where they showed the Kaiju emerging from the earth's crust) reminded me of what Stout said.

** SPOILER ALERT**

The Kaiju came from another dimension, so it's possible that they're ancient (i.e. prehistoric).
Last edited by bulkhead72 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:
And technically the monsters in PR didn't emerge from the earths crust
Last edited by Gundam on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pewter14
EB Team

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:59 pm

So glad if this is true, there just hasn't been enough posters for this flick.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Gundam wrote:
Ctg9095 wrote:
And technically the monsters in PR didn't emerge from the earths crust
Well a portal beneath the ocean. The floor of the ocean cracked open and the monsters emerged. :P

EDIT: Also, Mondo's at SDCC to bring in new fans. What better way to do so than to tag on to a popular movie that's currently in theaters?
Last edited by bulkhead72 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Word for word of what stout said, as a refresher
In terms of clues, let’s see… Alternate World War II timelines? Ax-wielding maniacs? Prehistoric monsters lurking deep below the earth’s crust? I’ve probably given it all away.