What is the poster/print you most regret trading/selling?

General art-related discussion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Don't quit yer day job.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:14 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:Image
I bought that at TRPS last year, owned it for all of two hours before trading it straight-up to a friend for a Whale Bone Grove Standard, because I had already lined up a trade: a WBG for my top ISO.

In retrospect, I should have gone home and eBayed the TRPS deal, bought another WBG, traded for the ISO and kept the extra $300! :)

No regrets on that one, though. I got mine, the ISO provider got theirs, and my friend, who was late to TRPS, got the show print. Win-win-win situation.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Codeblue wrote:Don't quit yer day job.
I put the Hope on ebay and that's what it sold for. Obviouly i blew my load too soon. I still have Progress though...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm quite happy with my sale of that one.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Stingers
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Dare I admit it .. . .

Ahh well . . .
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:22 pm

also sold Hope for $599 just because I got nervous in April when Hilary started to gain momentum(for like a month :x )...
but held on to Progress :clap:
but it kills me that Hope goes for just as much and even more because the public knows that image more :hanging:
fluffhead13 wrote:after an A in multidimensional calculus and an A in matrices and differential equations, how dare u questions my math skills.
http://www.distractyourface.com
johnr1311
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:46 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
jjbehren wrote: and this, only because I sold it for $110. :evil:

I'll see that, and raise this for $600.

fudge, I just remembered, I sold that for $431. So I win. :?
sold mine for 300, plus the progress small for 120
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Probably this guy . . .

I regret selling it because I really liked it. I only got rid of it to fund my first and only Sheppard original though. It was definitely worth it I just wish I could have sold something else at the time instead.
DavidaLoca
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm

I gave this actually as a gift to my brother, and framed it... but I really liked it a lot but it matched his home color scheme perfectly. I'm not too bummed out though, I can always rebuy this print from a user selling it.

My biggest regret at the moment is recently sending a free test print along with a regular print to a user. I took so long to ship a print the user wanted and to make up for the long time it took me, I included a Burlesque test print. Not my favorite test print, but still a unique piece I gave up. It's out of good heart though because the user is a good guy and he deserves it for all the good deals he's always made for me. But I do regret it a bit, but of well :-)
carcrash wrote:Guns + Pop Culture Icons = Street Art. Duh.
boatingbenny wrote:
dmbfan41 wrote:If you spend a thousand + on a Obama poster something is wrong
If you spend $1 on a DMB show...something is really wrong!
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Thankfully, there aren't many. And most of those, I've managed to re-obtain in some way, shape, or form. One of the few remaining is actually on the way to me at the moment... the Tara/MMM Rapture collaboration :) Actually a bit harder than you'd expect it to be, especially to get one without a coffee stain on it as Michael told me once that a nice stack of 'em had a cup spilled on a whole corner area (if I'm remembering it right)...
Tra la la la la...
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:45 pm

DavidaLoca wrote:Image

I gave this actually as a gift to my brother, and framed it...
I also framed that and gave it away. Housewarming gift.

Come on EB, how many more of your deep regrets can I have casually dismissed? Line 'em up! :)
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:09 pm

I do miss this one for some reason. It is a fantastic print.
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
silver
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 pm

bathroommonkey wrote:i needed money and knew someone who wanted it. it does allow a few people to bring it up and make fun of me, so that is a plus too.

i would never sell mine.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:33 pm

mistersmith wrote:No regrets on that one, though. I got mine, the ISO provider got theirs, and my friend, who was late to TRPS, got the show print. Win-win-win situation.
strangely, some of the higher end prints I've sold in the past year i don't regret selling as they went to members here who REALLY wanted them badly. It helps when you know they are going to an appreciative home.
silver
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm

there are a couple posters that i sold and bought again from the person i sold to....other than those, i have no regrets.