LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Ken Taylor doing the smoke monster destroying the temple would be pretty cool.

Mccarthy maybe a panoramic of Jacob and MIB sitting on the log under the giant tree lobbing not-so-passive aggressive threats at each other (although I like the idea of him doing the lighthouse and the bluffs as well)
selassielion
Art Expert

Tue May 18, 2010 7:43 pm

There was a link I believe on here of a Jin/Sun print that I believe was McPherson's....or maybe not, but it was two outstretched hands reaching for each other underwater. Am I right or was this someone else's work? :?

Taylor doing that smokey print would be nice, just can't see him re-hashing that ground again.

Gotta think that there is gonna be a Jacob/MIB print at some point, as they are essentially why everyone is on the island.
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
dylansdad
Art Expert

Tue May 18, 2010 7:55 pm

I do believe we are going to get Tara McPherson for the sub explosion.

I would love to see Dan McCarthy do the Lighthouse or Ken Taylor do the Temple. Not sure what Olly Moss or Eric Tan might do to complement their original posters, but I would love to find out. I feel like Tyler Stout's oversized ensemble approach just won't happen twice.
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 18, 2010 8:00 pm

I was not impressed with Stout's first Lost poster...I thought it lacked....something.... *shrug*

And I don't like this newest one either, an easy pass for me...this is a prime example of the different types of people buying these prints...I would NEVER put this on my wall, and thus, will not buy it...but there are those who buy just to get every Lost poster released, or because they think it will increase in value substantially (it won't)...nothing wrong with either of those, of course, but I do not buy posters that I would not hang on my wall...

And the fact that this poster is still available after 4 hours speaks volumes, I think...

~brooks
sogr8ful
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Brooks wrote:I was not impressed with Stout's first Lost poster...I thought it lacked....something.... *shrug*

And I don't like this newest one either, an easy pass for me...this is a prime example of the different types of people buying these prints...I would NEVER put this on my wall, and thus, will not buy it...but there are those who buy just to get every Lost poster released, or because they think it will increase in value substantially (it won't)...nothing wrong with either of those, of course, but I do not buy posters that I would not hang on my wall...

And the fact that this poster is still available after 4 hours speaks volumes, I think...

~brooks
nocodept
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 18, 2010 8:06 pm

154 left in stock
"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a rooster like a burmese python, and the mind of a drymounting scientist."
Kenny Powers
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue May 18, 2010 8:09 pm

nocodept wrote:154 left in stock
about 100 as I see it- once it closes in the bandwagon jumpers will come aboard
Banksy
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Count please? Under/over 100? Thanks duders!
"... if you exhibit in a gallery you have to compete against Rembrandt, but if you paint down an alley you only have to compete against a dustbin. I guess it’s the art equivalent of hanging around with fat people to make yourself look thin.”
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue May 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Brooks wrote:I was not impressed with Stout's first Lost poster...I thought it lacked....something.... *shrug*

~brooks
Thanks for sharing.
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 pm

from lostArgs:
If you keep clicking add to cart, it will add multiple quantities of the poster. You can keep clicking it pretty much as fast as you can click and it will keep upping the # in your cart. Click a hundred times, check your cart to see if there is a message that there aren't enough (It will appear right above where it says "Your Shopping Cart") and say "Sorry, There is only 141 left in stock, please change your quantity for item #2880 and continue with check out."

BTW - there are only 141 left now ;)
:clap:
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue May 18, 2010 9:24 pm

~brooks
I don't understand how people can like or dislike a print from a jpeg on a computer??? If you have ever seen Mr. Burwell's work up close and personal, you might have a different opinion. But then again, you might not.

This was a no-brainer purchase for me. The colors, and illustration look great. Can't wait to see it!
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 18, 2010 9:34 pm

GR8Dane wrote:

~brooks
I don't understand how people can like or dislike a print from a jpeg on a computer??? If you have ever seen Mr. Burwell's work up close and personal, you might have a different opinion. But then again, you might not.

This was a no-brainer purchase for me. The colors, and illustration look great. Can't wait to see it!
Well, I only have so much money...

~brooks
jojobadass
Art Freak

Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 pm

if you've never seen a burwell in person............you should pretty much hold your comments.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

and for everything else under the sun; including fine art, art prints, toys and other junk....be sure to check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosfineart.com
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 18, 2010 9:43 pm

jojobadass wrote:if you've never seen a burwell in person............you should pretty much hold your comments.
oooooook....

Look, I can appreciate the idea that some art looks better in person (even "most" art), but I assure you, this print does nothing for me, and I don't think seeing it in person would help that...

Like I said, art is in the eye of the beholder...I loved the Danger print yesterday (and bought it), but will hold my money for the next one (perhaps)...

**shrug**

~brooks
Last edited by Brooks on Tue May 18, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tranito
Art Expert

Tue May 18, 2010 9:43 pm

It's been pretty clear Losties/newbies/people with little experience on the poster scene just don't seem to get Guy's distinctive style. It's nothing new art like Mccarthy's and Danger's, which often depicts a nature scene, allows for easier landmarks and results in being much more accessible to the untrained eye. Long time members who've known the scene for a while, ''who've seen them all'', have almost unanimously commented on how Guy's contribution is amazing because their pack of knowledge is wider imo. You got to give credit to someone who's the only one to do it like he does, especially when it's so well executed. Unique style, cleverness of the composition, spot on execution, bad-ass poster imo.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.