LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:34 pm

All I can say is that I'm excited about the prospect of new posters (even though it will mean craziness again)!

And on a side note, where the hell are the Shannon and Mr. Eko cameos!?
selassielion
Art Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:
And on a side note, where the hell are the Shannon and Mr. Eko cameos!?
I'm thinking this is who Sayid is referring to when he said "the only thing I loved died in my arms". Could be Nadia as well as she also did, but who knows? He was very vague with this, even in the last episode when talking to Desmond. Might see her yet.

Personally, I didn't like her character, but Eko's was great. Named my chameleon after the man, RIP
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
rmoore
Art Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 pm

From wikipedia:

"In 2008, Cuse and Lindelof made hints that there were possibilities of the character returning. However, despite Akinnuoye-Agbaje's wishes to return for the sixth season, the producers have stated he is not returning."

That sucks.
selassielion
Art Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:06 pm

rmoore wrote:
That sucks.
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
middayshadows
Art Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:58 pm

It could be that the producers are still not-too-thrilled about his suddenly asking to be written off the series in season 3.

I'm rooting to have as many of the cast as possible from all the past seasons show up for at least a cameo. Even Ana Lucia -who we've already seen. But I draw the line at Nikki and Paolo.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:45 pm

middayshadows wrote:It could be that the producers are still not-too-thrilled about his suddenly asking to be written off the series in season 3.

I'm rooting to have as many of the cast as possible from all the past seasons show up for at least a cameo. Even Ana Lucia -who we've already seen. But I draw the line at Nikki and Paolo.
I actually loved that episode, so I hope they don't come back so that memory stays as is.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

machination wrote:
middayshadows wrote:It could be that the producers are still not-too-thrilled about his suddenly asking to be written off the series in season 3.

I actually loved that episode, so I hope they don't come back so that memory stays as is.

The last episode with them was amazing- one of my faves of season three. But I didnt like them as regular characters, I started to hate when they would show up, going into hatches etc. Loved how they wrote them off though. So Twilight Zone.
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:16 am

middayshadows wrote:
machination wrote:

The last episode with them was amazing- one of my faves of season three. But I didnt like them as regular characters, I started to hate when they would show up, going into hatches etc. Loved how they wrote them off though. So Twilight Zone.
That is the one episode of Lost that makes me cringe. It's a cool story, but the way they 'rewrote' history for them just ... sucked. I think even D&C have to cringe when they think of that episode... maybe.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:38 am

nopey23 wrote:
middayshadows wrote:
machination wrote: I actually loved that episode, so I hope they don't come back so that memory stays as is.

That is the one episode of Lost that makes me cringe. It's a cool story, but the way they 'rewrote' history for them just ... sucked. I think even D&C have to cringe when they think of that episode... maybe.

I thought it was a strong episode - they got rid of two annoying characters, told a cool story and at the same time, addressed one of the conceits of the show : that the story only ever centered around 8 - 12 of dozens of survivors of 815. There were tons of characters in the background in the first few seasons and it was distracting sometimes, watching them twiddle their thumbs or provide reaction shots for the main characters. Kind of begged the question of what the other survivors were doing while the interesting stuff was going down - so I liked seeing an alternate point of view for once. And they (smartly) ended their story completely by the end of the episode. I wouldnt want many episodes to be so self contained, but I thought there were weaker ones in the series. Just my opinion on it, of course. But it definitely didnt make me cringe!
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:09 am

middayshadows wrote:they got rid of two annoying characters
Well, to be fair they were more annoying in the episode itself. If they didn't have the episode, most people would not have noticed them at all, and therefore they wouldn't be annoying.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:12 am

so, do you guys think that little fabric sack Hurley found a couple episodes ago contained the white and black stones??
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:48 am

machination wrote:
Well, to be fair they were more annoying in the episode itself. If they didn't have the episode, most people would not have noticed them at all, and therefore they wouldn't be annoying.
Gotta beg to differ with you there :) ...They were definitely noticed. Lostie reaction to them when they first appeared, was overwhelmingly negative. From wkipedia: "Faced with the negative fan backlash to the two characters' abrupt introduction, the producers, already facing declining ratings for the show, decided to trim down their storyarc and kill off the two characters in a single episode."
chalkdust wrote:so, do you guys think that little fabric sack Hurley found a couple episodes ago contained the white and black stones??
I thought that too at first , but someone else pointed out that it might have been Jacobs ashes, that Ilana had been carrying around. Just to establish that Hurley now had his ashes (for some future purpose , presumably).
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:49 am

oops!
Last edited by middayshadows on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:38 am

machination wrote:

That was definitely one of my favorite episodes, especially the first time I watched it. From the Billy Dee cameo to the fact that we actually got to see some Expose (which has been alluded to several times throughout the series). Plus there has never been an episode that creeped me out more than this one. The ending was downright chilling. I didn't get the feeling that they were rewriting history at all. As a matter of fact, if you watch that episode again you'll notice something. This is a self-contained episode that's reflective of the entire series. I remember rewatching it I thought that there were so many little hints and giveaways that I should have picked up on before. I'm hoping the final episode is gonna have a major reveal that we all should have picked up on all along.
ImageImage
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:55 am

middayshadows wrote:
machination wrote:
Gotta beg to differ with you there :) ...They were definitely noticed. Lostie reaction to them when they first appeared, was overwhelmingly negative. From wkipedia: "Faced with the negative fan backlash to the two characters' abrupt introduction, the producers, already facing declining ratings for the show, decided to trim down their storyarc and kill off the two characters in a single episode."
I do remember that, but I didn't think people cared that much about it. I had a feeling they would meet their demise anyway, as most characters (especially the secondary ones) on this show do. Anyway, I stand corrected. Maybe I was too busy staring at Rodrigo Santoro ;)