LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 pm

middayshadows wrote:Michael did show up in the promo. I'm actually satisfied with his and Walt's storyline as it is. It's implied that the Island had big ideas for Walt, but Michael over the course of four seasons defied the higher powers and wrenched Walt away from the Island, at the cost of his own life and soul. Thought that last scene with Locke visiting Walt was great, looking back on it, because it prompts you to imagine that had Michael not made his huge sacrifice, Walt's life would have gone a very different way than being the normal well adjusted school kid we last saw him as..
I dont think D+C thought long enough about how they managed Walt in season 1 and then realized they were toast with him growing so fast. I REALLY want more resolution to his storyline - the ability to appear in other places, make birds crash into walls, tell Locke not to open the hatch by just touching him, etc... how can that NOT be explained?
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:19 am

At this point I really don't care whether they explain the significance of Walt or not... I feel his storyline is over and dealt with, and to bring him up now might seem unnecessary. You just have to accept the fact that there are people in this universe with powers. We've met at least 2 with the power to communicate with the dead, and we've met 3 that are seemingly immortal. I think it's just safe to say there are some with supernatural powers, and how or why everyone has those powers don't necessarily need to be explained. Some people definitely need to be explained (like Jacob and MIB), but as for Walt or Hurley or Miles, I really don't need to know anymore
ImageImage
optimusGRRR
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 am

electrachrome wrote:Image
Whats the significance of this shot? Is this when Desmond was in the hospital?
aky90be
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:38 am

Any word on Danger releasing his Lost Prints?
Thanks
(or that boat sailed a long time ago)
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
optimusGRRR
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:20 am

aky90be wrote:Any word on Danger releasing his Lost Prints?
Thanks
(or that boat sailed a long time ago)

I haven't heard anything. He's shooting himself in the foot IMO by holding on to these. Hype for the posters is dropping.

I'd also like to add that I really miss this posters series; the weekly drama between here and Lost ARGs, getting up at 5AM for drops, watching them explode on Ebay, all good times. I might take some time this weekend and read through this entire thread for old times sake.
jojobadass
Art Freak

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:22 am

I'm still waiting for the posters I ordered from DD like 3 or 4 months ago.

Do you think he gives a crap about timing the market?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:24 am

optimusGRRR wrote:Hype for the posters is dropping.
+1. It really is. I think that the Rob Jones print was going for around $300 at the time of the madness. I think i remember seeing someone sell it for $100 on the For Sale section.

I also saw an Olly Moss Locke poster on ebay around $450. Weren't they much higher like $700?

Now's the time to sell! or buy if you are a fan.

I highly doubt that DD cares about the market. He'll still be able to sell his copies for a profit. :D
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
optimusGRRR
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:27 pm

jojobadass wrote:I'm still waiting for the posters I ordered from DD like 3 or 4 months ago.

Do you think he gives a crap about timing the market?
Good point. He should care though... if he likes money. Then again, WTF, people will most likely buy them regardless of when he posts them.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:31 pm

DID DD EVER RELEASE HIS COPIES OF THE LOST PRINT?
OR DID THEY GO TO SUBSCRIBERS?
IT SEEMS HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT DID NOT DROP HIS!
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:15 pm

ABC posts these little videos every week on abc.com and facebook, where muppet Pierre Chang explains each week's episode in 4-5 minutes using action figures and paper cut outs as well as clips from the show (vids seem to load faster on fb btw). Season 6 only (I believe). I just found this last night and had to watch every one of them, but then I'm easily amused.

Just a little something to pass the time on a Friday. You didn't want to do any actual work anyway, did ya?

The video library:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 4182978017

Season 6, episodes 1&2 LA X (sorry, I don't know how to embed an fb vid):
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 5630541432
selassielion
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Any speculation as to who the last episodes will feature as far as side-flashes or main characters? Hurley looks to be the next based on the preview, which leaves 4 episodes and the finale.

I'd love to get a MIB and/or Jacob flashback....
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
dol3
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:27 pm

He did sell 3 at flatstock (I bought one)
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:34 pm

alwaysalx wrote:DID DD EVER RELEASE HIS COPIES OF THE LOST PRINT?
OR DID THEY GO TO SUBSCRIBERS?
IT SEEMS HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT DID NOT DROP HIS!
Why always caps? but as far as i know, DD doesn't have any Sub's anymore.
Same fudge, different drop.
selassielion
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 pm

dol3 wrote:He did sell 3 at flatstock (I bought one)
What were they going for?
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
thebends9
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:17 pm

selassielion wrote: I'd love to get a MIB and/or Jacob flashback....
You will get one...