LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:37 am

noeldaddy wrote:
selassielion wrote: Technically we don't know that. He has aged off the island obviously, but maybe that is like any of the other tailies and their various ailments that would return if they left - Rose with the cancer comes to mind.
Rose has cancer in the FS timeline. It's not that she left the island and got cancer again---- in that reality where she has cancer she was never at the island in the first place. We have seen no evidence that ailments would return if they left the island. Quite the contrary, in fact, if you look at Locke. He left the island and did not become a parapylegic again. As far as the aging thing goes, Richard has left the island numerous times (to see Locke, to see Juliet, etc) and has still not shown signs of aging. I don't see any evidence of Widmore having that gift at all.
...we also haven't seen any evidence that he hasn't, at one time, had that gift.

Also, there's a distinction that has to be drawn between the healing properties of the island (per Rose and Locke), and Jacob's gift which stops aging (Richard) or dying (Jack), before we understand how the characters' ailments are influenced: Richard might hypothetically be able to leave the island and not age because he still carries that gift from Jacob, whereas Rose's cancer might indeed return because she is no longer under the healing influence or 'will' of the island.

Locke walking off-island is trickier to hypothesize about - but my explanation right now is that island's influence can reach far beyond it's area: he was able to still walk because 'the island wanted him to,' the same way that Michael wasn't able to kill himself off-island because 'the island wouldn't let him.'
greasy
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:38 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
selassielion wrote: Technically we don't know that. He has aged off the island obviously, but maybe that is like any of the other tailies and their various ailments that would return if they left - Rose with the cancer comes to mind.
Rose has cancer in the FS timeline. It's not that she left the island and got cancer again---- in that reality where she has cancer she was never at the island in the first place. We have seen no evidence that ailments would return if they left the island. Quite the contrary, in fact, if you look at Locke. He left the island and did not become a parapylegic again. As far as the aging thing goes, Richard has left the island numerous times (to see Locke, to see Juliet, etc) and has still not shown signs of aging. I don't see any evidence of Widmore having that gift at all.
another point to chew on.....we know jacob is capable of giving the islanders 'gifts'. possible that MIB can do the same....and on that note....said gift may be able to be taken away, hence widmore's aging off the island and not richard.
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:30 pm

greasy wrote: another point to chew on.....we know jacob is capable of giving the islanders 'gifts'. possible that MIB can do the same....and on that note....said gift may be able to be taken away, hence widmore's aging off the island and not richard.
Totally agree that gifts can be taken away... but it seems to me like Widmore has aged well on the island when he was (and wasn't) leader of the Others. In 54 we saw him young with short hair, in 77 he's got the long hair, in the 80's (or 90's, can't remember) when Ben was shipping him off he looked even older. I just can't believe Widmore had a gift. None of the other Other leaders don't appear to either-- Ellie, Ben, Charles... They just seem like they're leading the Others and that's their role. What the role of the Others is is beyond me. Are they there to protect the Island? Serve Jacob? Don't know.

My current theory is modifying my old theory that Jacob and MIB are the same person. I'm now thinking that MIB is Aaron from the OT (with crazy mom Claire) and Jacob is Aaron from the FST (with stable mom Claire). A lot of holes with this theory... Like why would MIB want to go "home" if home is the timeline he's currently in. Unless "home" is the future (Aaron grown up in the 2030's or whatever). We'll see. No matter what, the thing I love about this show is that almost any theory can be supported, no matter how seemingly far-fetched
ImageImage
middayshadows
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:57 pm

greasy wrote: another point to chew on.....we know jacob is capable of giving the islanders 'gifts'. possible that MIB can do the same....and on that note....said gift may be able to be taken away, hence widmore's aging off the island and not richard.
middayshadows wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:Biggest problem with that theory---- Widmore has aged on the island. Considerably.
Yes, that's the biggest hitch to that theory. It could be that Jacob shunned him at some point, and he started aging again. We do know that Widmore lost a power struggle with Ben....
mcnail
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Anyone want to buy a complete Lost set? I know someone that has one.
igotid
Art Expert

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:05 pm

mcnail wrote:Anyone want to buy a complete Lost set? I know someone that has one.
Have any full sets sold? It would be interesting to see what they go for...I just finished my set last week...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Does his name start with an M and end in itch?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
collector59
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:01 am

jojobadass wrote:is this debi from l'imagerie?
How did you know, Jojo?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:25 am

Did you really just read all 617 pages, or just search for your name?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
yingko
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:17 pm

igotid wrote:
mcnail wrote:Anyone want to buy a complete Lost set? I know someone that has one.
Have any full sets sold? It would be interesting to see what they go for...I just finished my set last week...
One set sold on the bay for right around $4k at the first of the year. I just finished my set too, but I'm not letting it go.
maden
Art Expert

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Has anyone seen eldrichlove?
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

charter
Art Expert

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Is it an AP set?
rmoore
Art Expert

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:33 pm

maden wrote:Has anyone seen eldrichlove?
Or rev milo? Anyone? I miss this thread.
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:44 pm

rmoore wrote:
lost nerds are LOST in new episodes of lost, HAW!

we probably will never see some of the crazies here again.
rmoore
Art Expert

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:47 pm

bathroommonkey wrote:
rmoore wrote:
lost nerds are LOST in new episodes of lost, HAW!

we probably will never see some of the crazies here again.
Probably for the best.