LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
choke
Art Expert

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 am

maden wrote:no need to explain yourself. youre doing what we all would be doing if we were in your situation (well, i would keep the deer hunter print). flip away.
I have no issue with flipping. I just find it funny when someone acts crazy excited to receive something, and then puts it on ebay. It's bizarre to me.

"OMG LOOK HOW LUCKY I AM TO HAVE GOTTEN THIS PRINT!!!! I'M SO EXCITED! LOOK AT THE PICS I TOOK!"

<two days later>

"It can be yours for $100"
rmoore
Art Expert

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 pm

choke wrote:
maden wrote:no need to explain yourself. youre doing what we all would be doing if we were in your situation (well, i would keep the deer hunter print). flip away.
I have no issue with flipping. I just find it funny when someone acts crazy excited to receive something, and then puts it on ebay. It's bizarre to me.

"OMG LOOK HOW LUCKY I AM TO HAVE GOTTEN THIS PRINT!!!! I'M SO EXCITED! LOOK AT THE PICS I TOOK!"

<two days later>

Some might call that marketing hype.
whyhoo
Art Expert

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:30 pm

keep the locke, sell the deer hunter separately!
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 pm

whyhoo wrote:keep the locke, sell the deer hunter separately!
I would do the opposite. Sell the Locke, buy Stout's Lost, have around $400 extra and Deer Hunter. :D
Rikkitik
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:57 pm

choke wrote:

<two days later>

Hehe if I ever type the words "OMG" (not counting right then) please torture me Ichi style and put me out of my unknown misery. I put the pictures up because I thought it was neat that the back of the print was so unique and people seemed genuinely interested in the print.

The decision to put them on ebay was greatly contested in our homestead and what lost the argument for me was whether I would frame these or eventually trade them. Throughout the whole LostARG I desperately wanted the Locke print but now that I look at it in context with the other prints I have; I don't really think I'd ever frame it up. I figured I would trade these for some ISOs and be done with it; but feminine wiles being what they are won the day.

I'm fine with these not selling at all and maybe trading them for Danger's "And thats why.." and maybe a Ryan or two. If they do sell I'll probably end up funneling that money into some EBer's pockets!
yingko
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 pm

What is the story on the Moss black and red pieces? I've been told only three of them were printed, the Indy, Deer Hunter and the Die Hard, yet you see some of the others under Moss's name here on EB. Supposedly there's only 100 of each of those three, some of which were damaged in transit to Moss in the UK.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Rikkitik wrote:but feminine wiles being what they are won the day.
Man up.
ImageImage
maden
Art Expert

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

yingko wrote:What is the story on the Moss black and red pieces? I've been told only three of them were printed, the Indy, Deer Hunter and the Die Hard, yet you see some of the others under Moss's name here on EB. Supposedly there's only 100 of each of those three, some of which were damaged in transit to Moss in the UK.
thats the story. he has said that they may print more
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:12 pm

pewter14
EB Team

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:21 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:Hi guys, newbie here. I've followed the LOST series since Tan's print. Truthfully, I didn't know the difference between a print and a poster, and I probably would have drymounted everything had it not been for my lurking in EBeans. I figured I'd come out of the shadows and create an account. All of you have helped broaden my knowlege a lot, so thanks... and here's to learning more :pint:
One more thing to learn .... you need to be a member here for thirty days before you list your LOST shiz for sale in the Open Market forum ... you might want to read the Open Market Guidelines

All you LOSTies should read it.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:24 pm

FACE!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:41 pm

maden wrote:
yingko wrote:What is the story on the Moss black and red pieces? I've been told only three of them were printed, the Indy, Deer Hunter and the Die Hard, yet you see some of the others under Moss's name here on EB. Supposedly there's only 100 of each of those three, some of which were damaged in transit to Moss in the UK.
thats the story. he has said that they may print more
He said that they are reprinting them. Those three he gave away were from the original run that was destroyed in shipping from the UK to the US. I think he said he is working with G88 to get them reprinted and we will probably see them on sale soon. I don't know if they will be for sale at G88 or from Olly's site.
yingko
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 pm

Thursday February 11, 2010 Random Time
R.I.P Internet
http://tannerart.bigcartel.com/product/poster-x
Small town pizza lawyer
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:50 am

Holy fudge. Big Cartel? It'll never happen.