LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
igotid
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 pm

middayshadows wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:got my dharma van and hurley's curse today--- all i gotta say is TIM DOYLE IS THE MAN!!! he threw in a michael jackson print which is way too cool!!! i'm still floored by his kindness. plus my mr. cluck doodle is saying the numbers. couldn't ask for a better experience. the dharma van is pure beauty. this is definitely the most underrated poster of the series, and could very well be my favorite of em all
Yeah, I love that Van. It's on my wall framed. It gets a of attention. I've heard that Tim is including bonus prints in his 'Numbers' tubes -very classy.
Would you mind posting a picture of the Van framed? I'm trying to get ideas...

I'm placing orders for frames for Stout, Danger and Methane, but might need to add the Hatch to the list now
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:58 pm

igotid wrote:
middayshadows wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:got my dharma van and hurley's curse today--- all i gotta say is TIM DOYLE IS THE MAN!!! he threw in a michael jackson print which is way too cool!!! i'm still floored by his kindness. plus my mr. cluck doodle is saying the numbers. couldn't ask for a better experience. the dharma van is pure beauty. this is definitely the most underrated poster of the series, and could very well be my favorite of em all
Yeah, I love that Van. It's on my wall framed. It gets a of attention. I've heard that Tim is including bonus prints in his 'Numbers' tubes -very classy.
Would you mind posting a picture of the Van framed? I'm trying to get ideas...

I'm placing orders for frames for Stout, Danger and Methane, but might need to add the Hatch to the list now
Sure. I posted it on pg 72 of this thread. Not the best pic, but you'll get the idea:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... es#p611618

22 x 28 frame. 2 inches (all sides) matte.
igotid
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks for the picture of the van framed...I was debating a blue or white mat, but I'm really digging the white mat that you did
Throwfar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Got my refund notice. Off to go open my Hurley's curse (atleast some good news) Props to everyone who scored!

That framed DV looks awsome! Gives the print a good feel.
slightlyaddicted
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Throwfar wrote:Got my refund notice. Off to go open my Hurley's curse (atleast some good news) Props to everyone who scored!

that's weird. I have NOT got a refund notice and my timestamp was 12:00:35 PST. wasn't yours 12:00:27 PST?
Throwfar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:02 pm

slightlyaddicted wrote:
Throwfar wrote:Got my refund notice. Off to go open my Hurley's curse (atleast some good news) Props to everyone who scored!

that's weird. I have NOT got a refund notice and my timestamp was 12:00:35 PST. wasn't yours 12:00:27 PST?
Yes. Check your e-mail associated with your paypal account. He is holding off "official" refunds until all prints are paid and monies varified. On my paypal it still shows I'm good. But he sent an e-mail out letting those who will be re-funded within the next 24hrs know!

I guess there's still a small 2.991% chance (like that .991 :0) that someone ahead of me will get dropped becouse of funds or multiple orders as he has stated there were very few refunds. Not counting on it though. So now its off to line the pockets of the flippers!
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:14 pm

igotid wrote:Thanks for the picture of the van framed...I was debating a blue or white mat, but I'm really digging the white mat that you did

No prob, and thanks. Generally I prefer white mats , as they simply let the artwork speak for itself, without trying to emphasize anything in the print. Also, all of my other framing has white mats, so as you look around the room at different prints, there is a consistency. Others have a different approach to matting, and I've seen some cool results. But for this print, on black paper, the white mat makes it pop -brings out the whites in the print especially.
Last edited by middayshadows on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Sorry to hear about the refunds guys.
printnewbie
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 pm

epic thread that will never die
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 pm

If anyone wants to trade or sell PM me... I have an extra Rousseau's tranmission, Hurley and Polar Bear to work with.

i wasn't refunded, but for some reason my mastercard wasnt allowed to complete checkout... still can't figure that one out.

thanks
ReverendMilo
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 pm

maden wrote:i bet that 90%+ of the emails are as obnoxious as can be. things like 'a drop down menu isnt fair. please change it' or 'please make sure your site does not oversell. i hate it when it does that' or 'is there any way i can get one before the sale, i will pay $x'. if youre getting hundreds of those everyday, i am sure it gets annoying
Looks like us losties pissed off Kevin big time:
he posted this on lostargs
While going through orders, I noticed that some of you live eerily close to me. I would like to offer you a chance to pick up the posters that you ordered if you prefer. If you ordered a poster and prefer to pick it up (faster, safer, sure fire) we will work out a shipping refund, please email me at colt83 at gmail dot com with “I would like to arrange a pickup” in the title. Please do so by about this time tomorrow. If not, shipping is totally fine too.

(posting in case some of you fit the pick up criteria)
:groucho:
Throwfar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:33 pm

ReverendMilo wrote:
maden wrote:i bet that 90%+ of the emails are as obnoxious as can be. things like 'a drop down menu isnt fair. please change it' or 'please make sure your site does not oversell. i hate it when it does that' or 'is there any way i can get one before the sale, i will pay $x'. if youre getting hundreds of those everyday, i am sure it gets annoying
Looks like us losties pissed off Kevin big time:
he posted this on lostargs
While going through orders, I noticed that some of you live eerily close to me. I would like to offer you a chance to pick up the posters that you ordered if you prefer. If you ordered a poster and prefer to pick it up (faster, safer, sure fire) we will work out a shipping refund, please email me at colt83 at gmail dot com with “I would like to arrange a pickup” in the title. Please do so by about this time tomorrow. If not, shipping is totally fine too.

(posting in case some of you fit the pick up criteria)
:groucho:
Thats not a pissed off statment. Simply offering local pick ups. lol at "Looks like us losties pissed off Kevin big time"
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:35 pm

if losties just gave me 8k, i'd like you guys too.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:35 pm

i am at a loss trying to interpret his statement as "pissed off" in any way, shape or form
not dead
retter
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:36 pm

i think he's just trying to catch the local flippers.. to pick up in person you have to know the secret losties handshake