LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert
Posts: 3677
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Portugal

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 am

people got scared when they saw the price tag on Mccathy's. It took like 8-10min to sell.
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7152
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:28 am

definitely think Kevin's site is slow loading.

maybe because his product pages run all horizontal like that?? (total guess)
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert
Posts: 1800
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:53 am

chalkdust wrote:definitely think Kevin's site is slow loading.

maybe because his product pages run all horizontal like that?? (total guess)
Naw, mostly cause his product photos are hosted on flickr and are like 1MB in size *each*. Doesn't even really load right in IE7 for me. But I believe I believe I want to believe.
User avatar
middayshadows
Art Expert
Posts: 5778
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:02 am

Slow for me too....
Image
User avatar
noeldaddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 am

naturevsscience wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:im housesitting for a professor who has a blu ray tv, trying to watch a dvd and the picture feels all weirdly crisp and fast. i don't have a tv at home
and haven't rented a movie in years.

someone help
My old man recently bought a blu ray and I had similar problems when I tried playing a normal dvd. It was as if movement was sped up just slightly. Just enough to piss me off and distract me throughout the latest Star Trek movie. Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed.
sounds like you need a tv that can handle higher hertz... 120 or higher would serve you well
ImageImage
User avatar
optimusGRRR
Art Expert
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm
Location: Boston

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 am

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:drymount you all.
Maybe someone on LostARGs can help you out.
User avatar
Drama79
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 am

optimusGRRR wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:drymount you all.
Maybe someone on LostARGs can help you out.
LOLOCAUST.
Maybe Mel can offer some sage words?
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:43 am

Drama79 wrote:
optimusGRRR wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:drymount you all.
Maybe someone on LostARGs can help you out.
LOLOCAUST.
Maybe Mel can offer some sage words?
after lost is over i fear that Mel will be forced to talk in only commas, i'm pretty sure he will melt down and only communicate with ,,,, .. ,, .. it would be sad if it wasn't so funny.
User avatar
Drama79
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am

bathroommonkey wrote:
Drama79 wrote:
optimusGRRR wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:drymount you all.
Maybe someone on LostARGs can help you out.
LOLOCAUST.
Maybe Mel can offer some sage words?
after lost is over i fear that Mel will be forced to talk in only commas, i'm pretty sure he will melt down and only communicate with ,,,, .. ,, .. it would be sad if it wasn't so funny.
I'm worried that in the season finale the entire show turns out to be MEL's cheese-induced dream :(
User avatar
kj1nyr
Art Expert
Posts: 2719
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Valley of the Sun
Contact:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 am

From Kevin's newsletter:
UPDATE:After some consideration and comments/emails sent to me, I do realize that with every second making or breaking a sale, having a drop down menu can be a downer. Sorry this is so late in the game. I can consider just making everything $215, regardless of where you are. All you do is click BUY. Please post if the comments if you are for or against this, obviously before 12 pm PST. Just trying to be as helpful as I can be.
http://tragicsunshine.com/newsletter/
User avatar
schmoff
Art Expert
Posts: 6247
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:00 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 am

kj1nyr wrote:From Kevin's newsletter:
UPDATE:After some consideration and comments/emails sent to me, I do realize that with every second making or breaking a sale, having a drop down menu can be a downer. Sorry this is so late in the game. I can consider just making everything $215, regardless of where you are. All you do is click BUY. Please post if the comments if you are for or against this, obviously before 12 pm PST. Just trying to be as helpful as I can be.
http://tragicsunshine.com/newsletter/

these poor artists must be getting so many nonsense emails they probably regret ever doing this
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18438
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 am

Probably are sick of it, but look how many new people they got to look at there art too. its probably really annonying but helping them out too.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
optimusGRRR
Art Expert
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm
Location: Boston

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 am

I wonder how many wacked out e-mails he's gotten from MEL so far.

"THE question,, is, should You deem necessary to provide no drop down,, is it fair, to the.. Followers."
alwaysalx
Art Expert
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Closer Than New York City

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:04 pm

optimusGRRR wrote:I wonder how many wacked out e-mails he's gotten from MEL so far.

"THE question,, is, should You deem necessary to provide no drop down,, is it fair, to the.. Followers."
I Love This Forum!! :clap:
User avatar
noeldaddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 pm

the artists are gonna score upwards of $8000 in a couple minutes. answering some emails will be worth it
ImageImage
Post Reply