LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:44 pm

I do not follow this thread just read occasionally

but is anyone going to question that those prints with shipping cost him $35 each

find that hard to believe
mmmm Beer :pint:
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:49 pm

LarryRhodes wrote:...Like I said, not doing it for the cash.
see... I think Larry seems trustworhy. :P
Last edited by chalkdust on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schmoff
Art Expert

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Kdh12 wrote:I do not follow this thread just read occasionally

but is anyone going to question that those prints with shipping cost him $35 each

find that hard to believe

yeah a third of that at the most, shipping usually cost more than the print does
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 am

chalkdust wrote:Image

LOOK it's Aldo...

WAIT, it's the Nightman!!
Sunny is great - the Nightman cometh is one of my favorite episodes.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:01 am

LarryRhodes wrote:
danieldanger wrote:my guess is this is going to get shut down so very very fast.
Wow, DD commenting on my piece of sucky, for the fans, fan art - very cool man. Who knew? Loved your piece in the series, by the way. I'm definitely no artist, just put a piece together for some folks that were clamoring for a Charlie poster, and as such, thought I'd make it available to them if they were willing to pay for my cost to get it to them. Not sure if that puts me at legal risk or not, as this isn't a space I usually hang out in, and if it does, no worries, I'll pull it down if need be. Like I said, not doing it for the cash.
middayshadows wrote: A lot of current "legal-ese" uses the phrase "including not for profit" when it comes to use of copyrighted material. So I might be wary. Think of it this way, even though you are not taking money out of ABC's pockets by charging money for a poster, hypothetically if a someone decides they don't need one of ABC's posters because they already have one of yours, you could be seen as taking their money that way. At the same time, what I think you're doing is on such a small scale, I don't know that they'd truly care.
when you make something that contains entirely characters, peoples likenesses from photos you didnt take, someones writing (the list, that is a scriptwriters output), and overall show concepts, and put it out publically for sale and try to associate it with something that ABC is already doing themselves, you are waving a big giant red blood-in-the-water flag in an ocean of people-in-charge paying very very close attention. and "not for profit" has no standing in copyright, but its a moot point, because the intent here is some kind of profit.

on that note, id like to have seen a charlie poster too. start a campaign for a series two. the shows not over yet. best thing i can suggest for ya.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:05 am

I imagine a 2nd series of posters is in the works... I mean, have they even covered anything past Season 3?
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:06 am

danieldanger wrote: on that note, id like to have seen a charlie poster too. start a campaign for a series two. the shows not over yet. best thing i can suggest for ya.
Awww yeah ... round two of the Crazy Losties vs the EB fudge Kickers ... :fight:
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:16 am

I'm totally shocked eldrich has ever been banned from a forum. When did condescending self-righteous blow-hards lose their clout?
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:22 am

FYI - Much like the rocket from the freighter - my posts are something of a time anomoly
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:26 am

Eldrich isn't smart enough to be condescending... He's more of a simple dullard from a Whitman poem... no legs, little education, stumping on a soap box, preaching to the (invisible) masses that fill his lonely days... kinda feel sorry for the kid, TBH. Yeah, right... :rolling:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:28 am

I would totally eat boar if somebody had some.
Thorsten
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 am

danieldanger wrote:id like to have seen a charlie poster too. start a campaign for a series two. the shows not over yet. best thing i can suggest for ya.
That would be nice Daniel, but after DCAAPB covered the time till the start of this years other ARG, the interactive LostUniversity, with the release of the season 5 Blurays, time runs short. And after Lost ended I expect Carlton going on vacation, and Damon has to write the next Trek movie with Orci and Kurtzman. But after this turned into a huge success, it would be cool to have the second wave in one year, celebrating the release of the then complete ultimate Lost box set ;)
jojobadass
Art Freak

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:51 am

eldrich is elmo.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
sogr8ful
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Ok, so I refrained from making fun of the losties but I just have to post this. I actually think its kind of great they are so excited about this (and kind of scary too).

This is a song someone wrote to the tune of Jingle Bells.

Poster time! Poster time!
Boy that print looks great!
F5, F5 and On Sale Soon,
Hit Buy Now, don't hes-i-tay-ate!

Poster time! Poster time!
F5, F5 and On Sale Soon,
Hit Buy Now, don't hes-i-tate.

We flew across the land,
With just one more left to go.
We'll find 16 at hand,
At this great Lost Art Show.

We don't know what we'll see,
What moment will it represent?
Sawyer, Des-who will it be?
Penny's Boat or the Constant?

Oh-poster time! Poster time!
F5, F5 and On Sale Soon,
Hit Buy Now, don"t hesitate.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

danieldanger wrote:im sure they will all be very pleasant and polite and we will all have a great time.

IF ANYONE TOUCHES ME I WILL STRIKE HARD AND FAST LIKE A GODDAMNED LEOPARD.
If you meet a nice redhead named Myrna, please be nice to her. She's my wife.

And she was in the Navy, so I think she may be able to take you.

P.S. Did you make it out to Murphy's Ice Cream in Dingle?

Cosmically Yours