LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
ChefFerrari
Art Expert
Posts: 8313
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:00 am

Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:35 pm

NM I have had some wine tonight. And no I did not talk to milo on the phone


OHHHHHH !!!!!
User avatar
kramer73
Art Expert
Posts: 4282
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:40 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:NM I have had some wine tonight. And no I did not talk to milo on the phone


OHHHHHH !!!!!
my eyes are playing tricks on me.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
User avatar
ChefFerrari
Art Expert
Posts: 8313
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:00 am

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:05 am

kramer73 wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:NM I have had some wine tonight. And no I did not talk to milo on the phone


OHHHHHH !!!!!
my eyes are playing tricks on me.
ignore what u saw before. the wine was playing tricks with me and i kinda jumped the gun LOL
User avatar
kramer73
Art Expert
Posts: 4282
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 am

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:02 am

:lol:
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9945
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 am

Nice... thread was on temporary lock down this afternoon, then meetings, meetings & more meetings... :lol:

RECAP to date... :wink:

#1
Image

#2
Image

#3
Image

#4
Image

#5
Image

#6
Image

#7
Image

#8
Image

#9
Image

#10
Image

... and soon enough, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15... and the final, #16... :P
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
middayshadows
Art Expert
Posts: 5777
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 am

Nice recap! I think it's looking pretty nice as a whole, nice variety etc. With six left to go, there's some excellent artists coming up for sure. Here's a total guess on my part - artist and subject matter. Idea came to me earlier tonight: "holy, wouldn't it be perfect if..."

Daniel Danger for 'the Black Rock':
Image
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15313
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:19 am

Image
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15313
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:29 am

Based on the last clues (Buchanan and Glasgow), there is a place called Forbidden Planet on Buchanan Street in Glasgow, looks like it's the type of place for this ... they even sell Lost posters ... just a guess ...

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/

Forbidden Planet
168 Buchanan St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G1 2LW, United Kingdom
0141 331 1215‎
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
clem99
EB Team
Posts: 35292
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Radelaide, Australia
Contact:

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:29 am

pewter14 wrote:Based on the last clues (Buchanan and Glasgow), there is a place called Forbidden Planet on Buchanan Street in Glasgow, looks like it's the type of place for this ... they even sell Lost posters ... just a guess ...

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/

Forbidden Planet
168 Buchanan St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G1 2LW, United Kingdom
0141 331 1215‎
for what its worth i see Tara McPherson lost constellations book as well
art is the only justification for pain :)
User avatar
comical_imbalance
Art Expert
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Australia

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:31 am

pewter14 wrote:Based on the last clues (Buchanan and Glasgow), there is a place called Forbidden Planet on Buchanan Street in Glasgow, looks like it's the type of place for this ... they even sell Lost posters ... just a guess ...

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/

Forbidden Planet
168 Buchanan St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G1 2LW, United Kingdom
0141 331 1215‎
Good call. I have been to the one in Leicester. Certainly fits with the Lost crowd.
"Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed"
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18157
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 am

middayshadows wrote:Nice recap! I think it's looking pretty nice as a whole, nice variety etc. With six left to go, there's some excellent artists coming up for sure. Here's a total guess on my part - artist and subject matter. Idea came to me earlier tonight: "holy, wouldn't it be perfect if..."

Daniel Danger for 'the Black Rock':
Image
I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday.
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 am

There are so many things on the island that Daniel Danger could incorporate into a poster using his style.

The house that moves (originally called Jacob's house or something), the signal tower, the jungle itself, etc.

Maybe even have a scene featuring the Others.
Remember how weird it was when we discovered that Juliet and the Others were living in a nearly suburban community?
Image
alwaysalx
Art Expert
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Closer Than New York City

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 am

i am more amped to see danger's print than anyone elses

bright it on!
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8490
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:16 am

machination wrote:There are so many things on the island that Daniel Danger could incorporate into a poster using his style.

The house that moves (originally called Jacob's house or something), the signal tower, the jungle itself, etc.

Maybe even have a scene featuring the Others.
Remember how weird it was when we discovered that Juliet and the Others were living in a nearly suburban community?
jacobs' shack

what about a print when Locke blew up the sub.
or the guy hanging in the tree attached to the parachute with the smiley face.
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8490
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 am

Or Charlie with the Virgin Mary statue.
Or Charlie's death in the water looking thru the glass window...
Post Reply