The Tim Doyle/ Nakatomi Art Thread

General art-related discussion.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:31 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
alexfugazi wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:
alexfugazi wrote:Make sure you goofus' are all on the Nakatomi Mailing list to get hit w/ all the presell info. Also- there's a special handbill set that is only available to people who pre-order the set. More info soon.
BUT- BE ON THE MAILING LIST.
Oh come on now Tim, who isn't on the Nakatomi list at this point? :P
You might be surprised. Every time I do a pre-sell or a mailing list exclusive, I get dozens of emails saying-
"OH! I just found out about this, is it too late? I just joined your email list, can you please still sell me something from 3 months ago?"
That being said I feel it's high time for either an all encompassing Nakatomi Print Subscription or a Doyle-only sub. One or the other. Real talk.
Dan McCarthy is a genius with the print club. Fans have a worry-free year of getting every print released - early birds do even better. It provides him with a huge influx of cash that is basically an interest-free loan until the prints go out. It's a win/win.

If Nakatomi did something like this I would be in as fast as I could hit Send Money in Paypal.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Baker
Art Expert

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:30 am

I would love me a Nakatomi Sub. I am going to be grabbing the Dan sub for the first time this year and am really looking forward to it.

That said, the Sesame Street peeks are looking killer! Cant wait to see the entire set unveiled. Great work as always! :clap:
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
wocket
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Nakatomi sub would be very cool/interesting. I can't wait to see the rest of the muppets! And I especially can't wait for the Last of the V8s to arrive. I'm very excited for Nakatomi!
ImageImage
ayejay
Art Expert

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 pm

POP SUB round two is rounding home. just about ready to print! ended up way more ambitious concept wise than i had previously thought. it should be a treat for anyone who has ever felt freaky or geeky.
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:07 pm

For those asking for a Nakatomi sub, pick up one of AyeJay's Pop Subs while you still (for some reason) can.
Baker
Art Expert

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 pm

ceevee wrote:For those asking for a Nakatomi sub, pick up one of AyeJay's Pop Subs while you still (for some reason) can.
Already have one :D
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 pm

ceevee wrote:For those asking for a Nakatomi sub, pick up one of AyeJay's Pop Subs while you still (for some reason) can.
Is there a link to this? Searched a bit but could not find anything.
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:45 pm

gonesolo wrote:
Here ya go. Its on nakatomi's website.

http://store.nakatomiinc.com/pop-sub6-s ... ption.aspx
Same fudge, different drop.
ayejay
Art Expert

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:53 pm

The sub and individual first suite are in the art print section in the shop at www.nakatomiinc.com

got some good stuff in the hopper, think you guys will be stokeded.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 pm

ayejay wrote:POP SUB round two is rounding home. just about ready to print! ended up way more ambitious concept wise than i had previously thought. it should be a treat for anyone who has ever felt freaky or geeky.
I think you just made me sad for not getting a SUB on this, and can't afford to do it now.
Goonies never say die!
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:24 pm

JAWilmesJr wrote:
ayejay wrote:POP SUB round two is rounding home. just about ready to print! ended up way more ambitious concept wise than i had previously thought. it should be a treat for anyone who has ever felt freaky or geeky.
I think you just made me sad for not getting a SUB on this, and can't afford to do it now.
There's still time! Sell a Kidney!
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:31 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
gonesolo wrote:
Here ya go. Its on nakatomi's website.

http://store.nakatomiinc.com/pop-sub6-s ... ption.aspx

Thanks Gonzo!
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
wocket
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:04 pm

Just got home and my foil "Last of the V8s" was waiting for me! This print is crazy cool! The action looks like it's going to come screaming off the poster. Off to flatten it. I'm thinking tonight I should watch the Mad Max blu-ray which came in the mail just yesterday!
ImageImage
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:53 pm

These are awesome:

Darjeeling sketch is up at http://www.mrdoyle.com/.
downtown
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:46 pm

The hotel scene on the left is awesome !
What film is that from ?
Another must have. Tim Doyle just keeps them coming. I love his choices.
I love every kind of reference to Americana, so the cheap hotel with room service cart is irresistible.