The Tim Doyle/ Nakatomi Art Thread

General art-related discussion.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:14 pm

alexfugazi wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:
alexfugazi wrote:
It's funny how it's always the same 5-10 people online complaining about this. You guys need a hobby. Have you tried poster collecting? I hear it's supposed to be 'fun'.
most people who hate you don't subscribe to your expressobeans thread.... might want to try opening your eyes and ears because you're the only artist that i read negative things about on a constant basis.
Nah.

You also realize that I super-enjoy antagonizing some of you here, and it is completely fun for me? And that's why I continue to do it? And by constantly engaging with you, I get to keep this whole show rolling? The worst thing to possibly happen would be for you and MPE and the rest of the professional complainers whet away and stopped paying attention to me. I'd feel so lonely. There'd be almost no reason for me to come to EB ever if I couldn't get people super-angry about selling silly drawings.

I egg you guys on because it is fun. It's literally the only place I can go to where people are just frothing mad over the most pedantic things in the world- and it's directed at little 'ol me!

I love you guys so damn much. I'd have to pay for this kind of therapy, but here I get it for free!

Thank you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:16 pm

mike123230 wrote:Let me give y'all a nickel's worth of free advice -

There's a difference between being right and being correct. If you get into an argument with someone and they're saying the sky is purple and you're SCREAMING at them that the sky is blue, you may be correct, but you've certainly lost the argument. Because all anyone sees is you getting red in the face going ballistic while the person who believes the sky is purple is just calmly sitting there disagreeing with you. Now the discussion on the outside of the purple-blue argument is no longer about who's right, people are now just talking about the crazy guy losing his fudge.

Maybe you can all draw parallels here, maybe you can't.

hax0n
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:19 pm

electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:25 pm

RedRanger wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:except we're not talking about tim's talent as an artist. it's funny how 99% of the hate for tim has NOTHING to do with art and instead is about his business practices... and that's what we do in society when a businessman is screwing over customers... we get word out to each other and warn people.

Same as if a used car salesman was selling lemons or some company was polluting the environment.... sometimes it's not enough to just decide not to buy something.
I guess I just don't see where he is screwing anyone over? I have bought 3 tubes and not once did I open one and think "this is not what was advertised". Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but I have always thought I got what I paid for when I bought the mystery tubes. Anything I wasn't happy with was just not my type of art.

I've said it a few times... but my comments are not limited to this mystery tube sale but his business methods in general. I think the mystery tubes are generally crap... I've gotten prints from them that were more damaged than any print i've gotten on the secondary market. I also think that the way he advertises anything is generally misleading... including the mystery tubes... but I'm not going to try and show you where he has "misled" or "lied" to us etc because I know that he chooses his words more carefully than bill clinton. the fact that he misleads so many people with flat out lying shows that it is calculated in my opinion and he knows exactly what he's doing.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:30 pm

What people outside the Tim Doyle fan club think of him and his mystery tubes:

of course the OP on this had never purchased from TD before and was immediately suckered in with the "it's going to sell out fast!" "you can win this star wars stout!"

sorry it's tough to follow because I blacked out names for people's privacy... but you can still see their photos to tell the different people.

I'm pretty sure it took about 2 hours to get that many negative responses in a group with less than 300 members

And that is really just about mystery tubes.... not much of a mention of the jurassic galaxy drame.... or the iccarino commission drama.... do you guys really not see a pattern in tim doyle's business methods?
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:35 pm

whitey, dude, we get it. Jeebus man. This shiit's going on five pages since this morning. And I guarantee you, most people who go in for $10 prints aren't expecting to get 5 grails or even 5 frame ups or even one frame up. It's a ten dollar print! It's like the DVD bin at Walmart. They got better stuff on the shelf, but sometimes it's fun to bin dive for cheap crap.
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:35 pm

rubberneck
Art God

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:whitey, dude, we get it. Jeebus man. This shiit's going on five pages since this morning. And I guarantee you, most people who go in for $10 prints aren't expecting to get 5 grails or even 5 frame ups or even one frame up. It's a ten dollar print! It's like the DVD bin at Walmart. They got better stuff on the shelf, but sometimes it's fun to bin dive for cheap crap.

Sometime you can even get OG's...

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/tr ... rtist=4743

Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:38 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:whitey, dude, we get it. Jeebus man. This shiit's going on five pages since this morning. And I guarantee you, most people who go in for $10 prints aren't expecting to get 5 grails or even 5 frame ups or even one frame up. It's a ten dollar print! It's like the DVD bin at Walmart. They got better stuff on the shelf, but sometimes it's fun to bin dive for cheap crap.

and shouldn't that say something? That i got probably one of the best scores ever found in any doyle mystery tube and i still don't advise to buy them....?

I was pretty psyched tim said on the advertisement that year that this original art is worth like $500!!!

(i've never gotten a single offer on it)
Last edited by Whitey9457 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Gotta love how when you disagree with someone, it's always the other guy dragging out the debate....
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Whitey9457 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

and shouldn't that say something? That i got probably one of the best scores ever found in any doyle mystery tube and i still don't advise to buy them....?
Yeah, it does say something.
mobius006
Art Freak

rubberneck wrote:

Whitey, my dad loves Blues Brothers. I'll take it off your hands. Let me heal you like some medicine woman.
lujborg
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Whitey9457 wrote: and shouldn't that say something?
You are saying something mate, but I fear it's about yourself and not your intended target
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:45 pm

lujborg wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote: and shouldn't that say something?
You are saying something mate, but I fear it's about yourself and not your intended target
That i have principles and I don't like to support bad businesses even when it might be profitable for me? yes...

If you guys like his art so much, just buy it...and shut up.

See, that argument doesn't work on the flipside either....
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:47 pm

mobius006 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

Whitey, my dad loves Blues Brothers. I'll take it off your hands. Let me heal you like some medicine woman.

well tim said that these would sell for about $300-$500 so make an offer in there and it's yours. Unless you think that Tim was misleading me when he said that....

correction: $300-$600
Last edited by Whitey9457 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.