The Tim Doyle/ Nakatomi Art Thread

General art-related discussion.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:01 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Now you finnegan, I sold you a Tyler stout star wars set in dead mint condition for a drymounting song back in the day. I want reparations! And I want an apology for you taking me to the cleaners!
I sold it to Tim Doyle for a song so he could put them in a mystery sale
That's what she said
planetexpress
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:56 pm

In an attempt to bring this thread back to some civility; I really like these "Lost Austin" prints Tim did last year for Parts + Labour. Didn't know they existed till I saw them in his Black Friday sale; here's hoping Tim continues the series...
Tamale-WEB-700x875_400x400.jpg
fransweb1.jpg
Sound-xg-WEB-700x875.jpg
Assholes get elected, cause assholes get to vote.
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Wow "lost Austin" is impressive. Where are those for sale?
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
Gandhi
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:49 pm

planetexpress wrote:In an attempt to bring this thread back to some civility; I really like these "Lost Austin" prints Tim did last year for Parts + Labour. Didn't know they existed till I saw them in his Black Friday sale; here's hoping Tim continues the series...
Tamale-WEB-700x875_400x400.jpg
fransweb1.jpg
Sound-xg-WEB-700x875.jpg
If he did Vulcan Video I would buy one
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:55 pm

So it goes...
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:59 pm

If he did one of him reprinting Stout Robocop prints while simultaneously raping my grandmother and pouring sand in my gas tank, I'd buy one. To use as evidence. For all of those things that he does.
That's what she said
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:12 am

planetexpress wrote: Interesting. So you think calling out someone for absurd claims is just as off base as slandering an artist to their face?? In that case, I'm sorry I called EGT out for thinking Tim Doyle reprints Stouts when he obviously knows better having been the recipient of a Stout Robocop himself....

This site used to be so much better; It's jarring to read this thread from the beginning and see where the trolling started / got out of control. Wish you guys would stop it but if you can't see how trying to ruin someone's reputation by making stuff up because you don't like their art / business practices is wrong you clearly have no moral compass...
As I said above, people have thought and said that well before this iteration of this conversation. (This is the...what 4th time this thread is having this conversation?)

But no one believed he was actually doing it.

Tim has egged people on and reveled in the arguing with people when many other artists have left or stay away from the forums. (Tim, I feel like you can handle it.)

His reputation is only his to control. He can't always be the victim of circumstance and angry fans.

I have always engaged in conversation here. I just didn't feel an apology was needed. He got one anyway. We gonna start complaining about timed editions here soon?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:55 am

The real problem here is the lack of management by the site moderators. Why don't they just purge the site of the poisonous members that are destroying what could and should be a cool place to visit. The fact that there are members here or artists that don't post or contribute because of the bullshit infecting the site is a shameful reflection on the site moderators. We all know who the problem members are. Do something about it moderators.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:45 am

Sniffer85 wrote:The real problem here is the lack of management by the site moderators. Why don't they just purge the site of the poisonous members that are destroying what could and should be a cool place to visit. The fact that there are members here or artists that don't post or contribute because of the bullshit infecting the site is a shameful reflection on the site moderators. We all know who the problem members are. Do something about it moderators.
I'd say the mods are pretty good they always make it a point to look through threads and be part of the conversation. It's difficult to imagine the burden of running such a large site that is free.. so you have to take that into consideration as well; people here give each other a hard time and that is a part of what EB is all about I get clowned on all the time here and do I care? Not so much anymore, I took another members advice to heart when they said I should grow thicker skin and anyone who thinks anyone on this site is caustic you should too because it isn't illegal to be a jerk... it's just frowned upon.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:06 pm

ISO unreal estate poster of Tim on the cross :roll:
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
agr719
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm

bluebirdsong wrote:people here give each other a hard time and that is a part of what EB is all about I get clowned on all the time here and do I care? Not so much anymore, I took another members advice to heart when they said I should grow thicker skin and anyone who thinks anyone on this site is caustic you should too because it isn't illegal to be a jerk... it's just frowned upon.
My, how you've grown in the past week.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
jarri
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm

bluebirdsong wrote:
Sniffer85 wrote:The real problem here is the lack of management by the site moderators. Why don't they just purge the site of the poisonous members that are destroying what could and should be a cool place to visit. The fact that there are members here or artists that don't post or contribute because of the bullshit infecting the site is a shameful reflection on the site moderators. We all know who the problem members are. Do something about it moderators.
I'd say the mods are pretty good they always make it a point to look through threads and be part of the conversation. It's difficult to imagine the burden of running such a large site that is free.. so you have to take that into consideration as well; people here give each other a hard time and that is a part of what EB is all about I get clowned on all the time here and do I care? Not so much anymore, I took another members advice to heart when they said I should grow thicker skin and anyone who thinks anyone on this site is caustic you should too because it isn't illegal to be a jerk... it's just frowned upon.
Bollox anyone who accepts these morons bullying them about is part of the problem. It's an ugly place and it's very well known for it too. Moderators!!!!
howdyall
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:16 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:ISO unreal estate poster of Tim on the cross :roll:
lol'd
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:32 pm

fredo
Art God

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:27 pm

jarri wrote:
bluebirdsong wrote: I'd say the mods are pretty good.
Bollox.
He's an alt and so has a vested interest in the status quo.

ps the mods are very good.
just a foil for me today, thanks