damaged prints. do you just accept it?

General art-related discussion.
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:16 pm

got my hagakure2 today and the tube had a dent in it, and the print had a few dents in it. what do i do? i've had damage before but not to the actual centre of the print. theres probably a big thread about this sort of thing but i couldnt find it. :oops: if the print was $20 i'd just leave it, but $55 plus $30 surely theres something i can do. are we legally intitled to return the print and get a full refund/replacement? can/do paypal help in the process? i know all parcels can be claimed for up to a certain amount by the seller.
thanks.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Just shoot florian/shirt and destroy an email. I haven't heard what they are like, but most places are generally pretty cool if there is some serious damage like what you sound like you have, and not just a dinged corner or something.
iratasan
Flipper

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:11 pm

shirt and destroy are sooooopernice people and the same goes for florian. i don't think that you will have any poblem getting whatever compensation you wish to get.

paypal should always be your second to last choice. usually paypal won't help you with damaged stuff anyways, only with stuff that has never been shipped out.
kramer73
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:33 pm

I just got a print from Gallery1988 that was creased slightly (possibly due to a somewhat crushed tube or a shitty rolling job). Unfortunately they are out of the prints (run of 33) and the only option is a refund.

I haven't really had a chance to look at it closely, but I'm hoping it isn't too terrible so I can keep it. I'm just kinda pissed that shipping was $12, yet they send it in a shitty tube with only one cap (the other side was taped shut). They did wrap it in bubble tape....
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 pm

thanks guys. i'll email them. i'm trying to flatten it which may solve 99% of the problem. it's just that sickly feeling when you get a dented poster. these posters are impossible to crush with a human hand. it's just weighing up a refund or keeping it. fingers crossed they may have some aps.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:52 pm

kramer73 wrote:I just got a print from Gallery1988 that was creased slightly (possibly due to a somewhat crushed tube or a shitty rolling job). Unfortunately they are out of the prints (run of 33) and the only option is a refund.

I haven't really had a chance to look at it closely, but I'm hoping it isn't too terrible so I can keep it. I'm just kinda pissed that shipping was $12, yet they send it in a shitty tube with only one cap (the other side was taped shut). They did wrap it in bubble tape....
same fudge happened to me with a print from G1988 :hanging: and they told me to deal with the postal system myself for a refund!!! WTF?

i sent wicked photos (i am a photographer) detailing the damage and offered to cut it up in pieces and mail it back to them if they would send me a replacement giclee (open file, press print, roll gently or flat mail and to your happy customer) how easy is that! ITS A F*CKING GICLEE

jensen :hanging: declined until i got seriously pissed off, WTF is with the attitude about damaged prints. Like they say in boystown "Pack your sh*t better!!!"

Don't these people realize this is a love/investment for us? to receive a print we have been anxiously waiting for only to open it and find it damaged is heart breaking. then you make contact and you get blown off and told to resolve the issue yourself WOW!!

or have they all lost sight sitting behind their piles of cash!!

i get treated waaaaaaaaaaaaay better by the u.k. print shops/galleries then i ever do with u.s. versions :clap:

recently returned a nick walker - no probs + recently was told to keep an amp print and i was sent a replacement with the same number as my damaged one

drymount g1988 + camilla d'errico and their bullsh*t policies

i recommend you offer to rip/cut it up and mail it back in an envelope and take the refund and run with it, watch eb you'll get it eventually

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DEALING WITH G1988, :hanging: based on my experience with them
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:14 pm

I guess I'm not planning on going that far. I called them yesterday, and they said to send them an email about it, then they'll have FedEx come over and pick it up. When they get it, they'll send my refund.

Jensen's been pretty good in my limited experience with them.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 pm

It's about the severity of the damage: nothing is ever going to be perfect, not with a screenprint that some dude or chick had to yank a squeege over a few times, slip on and off drying racks, and then roll up.

If it's seriously damaged, you have every reason to get your money back or a replacement, and being cool about it is the best way to get it done, because fudge happens.

If the damage is minimal or the price was real low I don't even bother...I got a sub tube from some cats a while back and about half the stuff in there had a smashed corner, but at the end of the day they're just gigposters right? :)

Damage should be evaluated on a sliding scale, where cost, rarity, age, amount of damage, and your own demeanor get incorporated.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:28 pm

kramer73 wrote:I guess I'm not planning on going that far. I called them yesterday, and they said to send them an email about it, then they'll have FedEx come over and pick it up. When they get it, they'll send my refund.

Jensen's been pretty good in my limited experience with them.
awesome, maybe they have learned to improve customer satisfaction

congrats bro
krashmoss
Art Enthusiast

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:17 pm

I had this problem (creased ) with a poster. I've took some shots and wrote to James Flames about it. He shipped me another poster. Super easy, super friendly, as most of rock poster artists I guess :)
derek
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:20 pm

I had a similar issue with a Mr. Brainwash print, and after shooting them a quick email, I was offered a replacement the same day. It seems like most artists dealing with prints are used to issues arrising, and they keep a few behind for this purpose.

Good luck with getting your situation handled promptly!
Imatruck
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:40 pm

I just got a totally drymounted spoon rob jones print, and I have embraced it.
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:21 am

spoke to the guys at shirts and destroy and i'm sending it back today for a replacement which is nice of them. so if anyone wants number 99/100 thats slightly damaged let them know they may sell it to you. assuming it arrives to them in better shape than it arrived for me. after flattening it for 2 days the damage isnt as bad. and after time it may go almost completely. but i made the choice. great print though, reminds me of st.anger.

glad i didnt buy that spoon poster.
jojobadass
Art God

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 am

I thought you were going to say it was a thousand dollar poster
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
dangerboy
Flipper

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:52 am

iratasan wrote:shirt and destroy are sooooopernice people and the same goes for florian. i don't think that you will have any poblem getting whatever compensation you wish to get.

paypal should always be your second to last choice. usually paypal won't help you with damaged stuff anyways, only with stuff that has never been shipped out.
i don't think this is true. i have lost an "item not as described" claim with paypal, filed by someone who insisted on not buying insurance and their item got damaged in shipping. i had messages saved proving i offered it and they refused, but paypal sided with them anyway. they had to send the item back to me and they got a refund from paypal.
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.