Jeff Soto's Tiny Showcase Print

General art-related discussion.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:04 pm

When i first loaded the page to buy it said 78/200 sold. i bought one and loaded their homepage again and it said 197/200 sold, so i made a 2nd purchase. I wonder if thats the print # we get? Well, maybe not the 197 print (that may be part of the 2nd edition numbered 201-300), but I wonder if I'll get print # 79. I'll follow up and post what # I get.

As for the extra 100 prints, I'm really indifferent about the decision. People who know me on here know this is super contradictory to what i have previously posted before. Its a super small print (and a great image) and its a great way to get Jeff's work out to people who wouldnt normally buy one of his regular sized prints (this includes me). And its for charity (I think Jeff and TS will do the right thing and increase their donation by 100-150). But if they refunded ~100 people (including me), i wouldnt have been too upset.
fluffhead
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:09 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:When i first loaded the page to buy it said 78/200 sold. i bought one and loaded their homepage again and it said 197/200 sold, so i made a 2nd purchase. I wonder if thats the print # we get? Well, maybe not the 197 print (that may be part of the 2nd edition numbered 201-300), but I wonder if I'll get print # 79. I'll follow up and post what # I get.
You'll get a number fairly close based on when you finish paypal. I tried to get #1 and #100 (that's what it said when I logged into paypal)in the Kehoe sale but ended up with #3 and #99 - Withthis one selling so quick the numbers you get may be even further off though
walterfredo
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:16 pm

fluffhead wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:When i first loaded the page to buy it said 78/200 sold. i bought one and loaded their homepage again and it said 197/200 sold, so i made a 2nd purchase. I wonder if thats the print # we get? Well, maybe not the 197 print (that may be part of the 2nd edition numbered 201-300), but I wonder if I'll get print # 79. I'll follow up and post what # I get.
You'll get a number fairly close based on when you finish paypal. I tried to get #1 and #100 (that's what it said when I logged into paypal)in the Kehoe sale but ended up with #3 and #99 - Withthis one selling so quick the numbers you get may be even further off though
I got #100 on the Kehoe. I was watching it like a hawk. Was a bit bummed to see the #'s were on the back though.
fluffhead
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:21 pm

You must have taken your time getting through paypal. I too had my eye on it. :pint:
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:43 pm

I actually loaded the page the second it appeared apparently because I clicked add to cart when it was at #5, and I got through it and even reloaded it and it was at #8. So who knows but as soon as I got the last page loaded that said #8 of 200, then all heAll happened to the server...

I have bought stuff for a long time and never even checked and see if the number matches when I checked out..

Do they just shrink a print like this? Or is there some type of a new drawing ? Stupid question...I know but have to ask..
T.K.C.
gpt104
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:46 pm

I support the no more than 2 logic. B.S. if someone is sitting on 10+ let alone 3 or more
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:01 pm

my extra went to gd69ph. i heard he hooked a lot of people up with rothbury prints at cost and he deserves it.
tmurch
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:24 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:my extra went to gd69ph. i heard he hooked a lot of people up with rothbury prints at cost and he deserves it.
Good on ya man!
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

phishbeatles wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Got one...hopefully this time the post office doesn't MIA it, last time it never showed...only piece of mail I've ever lost (far as I know, I guess...).
Yeah same here with the Keyes ... Never showed up and they would not give me a refund even though they could not prove they actually shipped it. ... It's pretty sad when a company would rather lose a customer than refund someone 20 bux or send them another one.
I had the exact opposite experience. After a few weeks (and after everyone else on EB seemed to get theirs) I emailed asking if it had shipped, they apologized and said if I never got it there must be a problem, and they refunded me right away. Simple, quick, awesome. So, I just want to vouch that Tiny Showcase has great customer service in my book.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:50 pm

As far as I know it is just a married couple who does all of this. Sometimes there are even cool stuff like different trees bent out of metal. They have some of the coolest stuff. They are super nice and very helpful.
T.K.C.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:59 pm

tmurch wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:my extra went to gd69ph. i heard he hooked a lot of people up with rothbury prints at cost and he deserves it.
Good on ya man!
I was totaly stunned by fluffheads kindness and is exactly the reason I like to help the EB family......

GARCIAS Fluffhead- just like the member of SCI gave who gave me a bag this weekend at Rothbiry said upon the gifting..... "be sure to pass the magic- its powerful"
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:05 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:GARCIAS Fluffhead- just like the member of SCI gave who gave me a bag this weekend at Rothbiry said upon the gifting..... "be sure to pass the magic- its powerful"

Now be grateful and throw some of that in a tube and send it to MI!!! :D

Did he doddle on it? :P
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:22 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:GARCIAS Fluffhead- just like the member of SCI gave who gave me a bag this weekend at Rothbiry said upon the gifting..... "be sure to pass the magic- its powerful"

Now be grateful and throw some of that in a tube and send it to MI!!! :D

Did he doddle on it? :P
Just come on by my MI crib and you can enjoy some art with it!

Remarkable experience....I didn't know who he was until he floated back into Sherwood forest and some folks asked me if I knew who I just partied with!

Such love and magic at Rothbury!!
inkblots
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Im glad I got one of these. I love Sotos work and only have a few of his pieces. I had 4 different browsers going and at one point I must have had like 8 or 9 in my cart total but I just let em go. I didnt want to be that kind of dick.
With great mustache, come great responsibilities.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:53 pm

inkblots wrote:Im glad I got one of these. I love Sotos work and only have a few of his pieces. I had 4 different browsers going and at one point I must have had like 8 or 9 in my cart total but I just let em go. I didnt want to be that kind of dick.

so why put them in your cart?
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks