OFFICIAL: New Dan Mccarthy up thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3659
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:10 am

My Don Stepped Outside also has a funky fade... but it's actually pretty cool. Probably won't put it on the wall, but that's mainly cos I don't have much space at the moment.
rka00
Art Expert
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Here are mine, the Silent Night black ink test, Silent Night is one of my favorites of Dan's. The Let It Be is missing some ink in the top left area and the Brothers and Sisters looks great just some dings...
DSC01766.JPG
DSC01770.JPG
DSC01768.JPG
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2503
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:30 pm

That Silent Night is dope! :drool: How'd I miss that?!?

Let it be still looks good, adds character. I got a Brothers and Sisters too, was hoping it was one of the 5 uncut test prints where one of the colors is missing (picked one up from a guy awhile back) but it's the same as yours- just an uncut regular version. So if anyone is looking for the individuals set...

My Taking came with a crease across 2/3 of the print a couple inches up from the bottom unfortunately :( . The skeleton's black is a little patchy in places too, but I think it adds charm. Hopefully I can minimize that crease.
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3457
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Yeah, that silent night must not have been up on the site because I would have jumped at it given the chance. Def one of my fave maccarthys. Thanks to everyone for posting pics, love to see these older ones.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
andyfarrimond
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 am

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 pm

My Don Stepped Outside looks pretty much perfect, but brothers and sisters has a pretty good set of smudges across the top left, tryingt o upload photos but photobucket doesn't want to co-operate for some reason
rka00
Art Expert
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:15 pm

HenryGaleWasHere wrote:That Silent Night is dope! :drool: How'd I miss that?!?
guryter wrote:Yeah, that silent night must not have been up on the site because I would have jumped at it given the chance. Def one of my fave maccarthys. Thanks to everyone for posting pics, love to see these older ones.
Not up but asked Dan specifically about it fortunate he mentioned the test, awesome Dan :notworthy:
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3457
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:29 am

rka00 wrote: Not up but asked Dan specifically about it fortunate he mentioned the test, awesome Dan :notworthy:
:pint:
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
agr719
Art Expert
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:09 am

Did a "Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe" ever make it up on one of these sales? Just curious, I'd like to grab one of those someday.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8948
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 am

User avatar
agr719
Art Expert
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:13 am

Thanks, I didn't think I had seen one, but I was under the impression that he was taking down the ones that sold out, so wasn't sure if I had just missed it. But looks like I was wrong, so nvm :oops:
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
User avatar
ceevee
Art Expert
Posts: 7585
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 am

Wow, C. Your Carbon Atom looks much cleaner than the one I received. Mine has a big rip out of one corner, lots of dents on the top and bottom, and a big smudge. And no lightning, printed or otherwise. The other two I received are much cleaner though.

I do love Dan's older works.
User avatar
gfraser
Art Expert
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:00 am

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 am

ceevee wrote:Wow, C. Your Carbon Atom looks much cleaner than the one I received. Mine has a big rip out of one corner, lots of dents on the top and bottom, and a big smudge. And no lightning, printed or otherwise. The other two I received are much cleaner though.

I do love Dan's older works.
Oof! Was the carbon atom priced accordingly? I'm still waiting for felt good to be lost and some of these posts are freaking me out.
1000steps
Art Expert
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Could sworn that Dan indicated somewhere he was going to burn these flawed prints if they didn't sell

guess I imagined that
Welcome to the sleaze pit
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4984
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:53 pm

1000steps wrote:Could sworn that Dan indicated somewhere he was going to burn these flawed prints if they didn't sell

guess I imagined that

WHAT BURNS NEVER RETURNS •

I’m packing up and moving my shop this month! My new space is a bit smaller than my current one and it is essential that I downsize. I have accumulated around 14 years worth of scratch/dent/misprints that I just don’t feel good about throwing away.. but I’m totally fine with BURNING them!

Before I toss them in the fire, I would like to offer a chance for you to rescue some prints from a fiery end. Prints range in price between $5 - $50 (based on condition) + shipping and are sold as is.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53691
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 pm

He ain't burnin fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Post Reply