Top 5 Favourite Prints

General art-related discussion.
tj
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2009 11:40 am

this one means the most to me -- i bet you can guess why. and it came out AWESOME.

then, these. so good.

machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sun May 31, 2009 11:57 am

tj wrote:this one means the most to me -- i bet you can guess why. and it came out AWESOME.
Oh my god, did Stout do that? It looks amazing.
Honestly, I would love to commission a piece like that in the future.

The Robocop one is superb as well. I wanted to purchase it but have no space for it at the moment.
tj
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2009 2:58 pm

yup -- that's tyler stout. he really did my invites as a favor for me more than for money. like, seriously, i freaked OUT when i saw them.

they were actually printed by andy diesels old printer -- seizure palace - and they turned out crazy good. it's funny, tyler gave 'em the art and he was supposed to drop by the next day to see them get printed and when he got there, they were already done. those guys are so fast. really killer print job. it was one poster and 5 handbills per sheet. i also had them phantasy 'em up and print them on whatever they had lying around, including chipboard. that's definitely the "ethnic" variant. heh.

last thing i'll say about them -- he was actually doing that print when his big lebowski opportunity came up. he put my poster on hold for 2 days and completely did that big lebowski print. pretty crazy how fast he can work without sacrificing quality.
bosephus
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2009 4:48 pm

:shock:

That's one of the greatest things I've ever seen!

Holy fudge! :clap:
"I'm a backbone shiver and I'm a bundle of joy."
110thStreet
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 31, 2009 5:50 pm

These came to mind quite easily without recourse to any Fillmore posters:

machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sun May 31, 2009 7:35 pm

tj wrote:yup -- that's tyler stout. he really did my invites as a favor for me more than for money. like, seriously, i freaked OUT when i saw them.

they were actually printed by andy diesels old printer -- seizure palace - and they turned out crazy good. it's funny, tyler gave 'em the art and he was supposed to drop by the next day to see them get printed and when he got there, they were already done. those guys are so fast. really killer print job. it was one poster and 5 handbills per sheet. i also had them phantasy 'em up and print them on whatever they had lying around, including chipboard. that's definitely the "ethnic" variant. heh.

last thing i'll say about them -- he was actually doing that print when his big lebowski opportunity came up. he put my poster on hold for 2 days and completely did that big lebowski print. pretty crazy how fast he can work without sacrificing quality.
That's awesome. Tyler is one of my favourite artists, not only because of his wonderful art, but partly because he's so down-to-earth and his prices are more than reasonable.
wneff
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2009 9:59 pm

110thStreet wrote:These came to mind quite easily without recourse to any Fillmore posters:

Wow, I'm loving that McPherson. Very nice.

Thanks for the thread machination -
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sun May 31, 2009 10:07 pm

wneff wrote:Thanks for the thread machination
Thanks for replying! My first thread, so I had to make it a good one.
tranito
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2009 10:13 pm

wneff wrote:
110thStreet wrote:These came to mind quite easily without recourse to any Fillmore posters:

Wow, I'm loving that McPherson. Very nice.
Glad to see some love for this one... it also figures in my top 5..
and btw, I can't wait to receive one of your top 5, DD's Toru Okada..
thx to this thread, I realized I had overlooked that vintage Danger print for long enough..

*** my mind might be playin' some tricks on me right now.. can't find your top 5 post.. Toru Okada was on juice top 5 though..
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
wneff
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2009 10:49 pm

tranito wrote:Glad to see some love for this one... it also figures in my top 5..
I hadn't really looked closely at "How They Fly Away.." before. Based on the EB gallery photo, it must be incredible in person. And your other McPherson pick, "Idealization", looks fantastic too.

As for Toru Okada, I chose it as one of my "What single print defines your favorite artist/artists?" thread picks. It really deserves to be in my Top 5 list too. It's time to adopt your decimal approach...I'll designate it Pick 1.2 :)
iratasan
Flipper

Sun May 31, 2009 10:59 pm

wneff wrote:
tranito wrote:Glad to see some love for this one... it also figures in my top 5..
I hadn't really looked closely at "How They Fly Away.." before. Based on the EB gallery photo, it must be incredible in person. And your other McPherson pick, "Idealization", looks fantastic too.

As for Toru Okada, I chose it as one of my "What single print defines your favorite artist/artists?" thread picks. It really deserves to be in my Top 5 list too. It's time to adopt your decimal approach...I'll designate it Pick 1.2 :)
"Idealization" is out of this world. as for "fly away" the print quality,glossy screen print layer on top, embossement ... etc is top notch, but the image just didn't work for me. i hope paypal clears my payment soon so my "sometimes i just want a hug" AP can get onto it's way. :D
tranito
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2009 11:08 pm

Yes, I remember now... :) The decimal approach is more fun for sure!! It gives the opportunity to bring more depth and put things a little bit more in perspective.. Let's see that list!!

About How They Fly Away, you'll never love a giclee more than you'd love the original that's for sure. But if the image is your thing like in my case, the print is something to be seen..
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

Sun May 31, 2009 11:22 pm

Favorites from my collection
HM
fluffhead13 wrote:after an A in multidimensional calculus and an A in matrices and differential equations, how dare u questions my math skills.
http://www.distractyourface.com
ill
Art Expert

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:10 am

It was hard enough narrowing this down to 6, but I just can't boot any of these at this point without putting way more thought into this than it's worth.
mlinderer
Art Expert

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:39 am

Top 5 that I own....

Top 5 that I'm in search of....