Michael Everett Posters IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

General art-related discussion.
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 12:38 pm

On several occasions over the past couple of years, I have recommended to Michael that he seriously consider numbering many of his posters that were not previously numbered. This would give collectors a sense of how many were actually printed, and it will assure collectors that no additional posters will ever be printed. The challenge in a project like this is obviously the logistics, and up until now Michael was simply not able to commit his time and energies to such an endeavor. Luckily, that has now changed. Michael's health is greatly improved and stable, and he has the printing records necessary to accurately complete this project.

Michael will be visiting me June 12-14, and he has asked if I would help him accumulate his posters from collectors (so that he may number them), and then make sure that they are shipped back properly. I will also be helping him to verify the condition of each poster (packages will not be opened until he arrives). All he asks is that you send along the cost of return/insured shipping. There is no fee or charge for numbering these posters.

Michael will sign and number the posters on the back. The signature on each piece will be recorded with the accompanying number. For instance 3/50, 14/50 & 33/50 might be signed "Michael Everett". 6/50 & 22/50 might be signed "Michael R. Everett". 10/50, 20/50 & 40/50 might be signed "M. Everett", and so on. Michael will keep a spreadsheet on each poster (I will be his backup) that shows which signatures correspond to which numbers. This should prevent any forgeries or "independent" numbering systems. All one needs to do when purchasing an Everett poster (from the following list) in the future is to contact Michael (or myself) with the signature and number on the back to verify the authenticity.

At this time, Michael would be happy to number the following posters. These are posters that Michael printed himself, so he knows the print quantities.

1995 GD Deer Creek
1995 GD Shoreline
1995 GD Mardi Gras/Utah
1994 GD Spring Tour Black and White
1996 Further Clarkston
1996 Further Deer Creek/Pine Knob
1998 Further Atlanta
2000 Panic Morrison
2000 Panic Keystone
2005 Panic Atlanta
2006 Panic ALL (but Red Rocks & NYE...already numbered)
1999 Panic Red Rocks
1999 Panic Halloween UNO
1999 KW Issaquah
1999 Summer Session
2006 Radiators Slims Fish
2006 Radiators Slims Bicycle
2003 Dead Warfield
2000 Austin Octopus
2000 SCI Stubbs Jellyfish
1999 SCI Variety Playhouse
1997 SCI Gainesville

There are many more posters that were printed by outside sources where Michael believes he knows the edition run, but needs to confirm it with the bands, merchandisers and manufacturers before he numbers them. When he does get confirmation, we will immediately post that list here as well.

Michael's offer to number his posters extends into perpetuity (as long as he is physically able to do so), so it is certainly not mandatory to send your posters ahead of June 12. After June 12, you are welcome to send your posters directly to Michael. He will sign and return them as time permits, but will try to do so immediately. Please give Michael prior notice of what you are sending, and when. If you decide to send them ahead of June 12, they will be headed back your way within 10 days of being numbered. I know that Michael would prefer to do as many of these as he could when he is here (he is flying here at his own expense, it is important to him), but it is not a requirement.

For those of you that do not know me, I run Sixties Posters (www.sixtiesposters.com). I have been dealing with collectors and artists for years. I think most of the board (if not all) of eb are familiar with me and the integrity with which I conduct my business. I can assure you that your posters will be safe with me (I handle hundreds of thousands of dollars in consignment posters every couple of months), and that they will be safely shipped back to you in a timely manner.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 1-800-575-1967, or feel free to send a PM to either myself or Michael. I have not discussed in any detail (in this forum) the logistics of getting the posters sent here (or back to you). That is obviously a very important detail, so if you are seriously interested in this opportunity, please contact me.

Thanks, Jim
mondiablue
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Cool.
Allegedly.
mreverett
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2009 12:51 pm

I look forward to this effort and am grateful for norbyjake's participation, experience, and assistance. I have none of these posters available for sale, but PM's with specific questions about posters in your collections listed here are welcome and will be responded to as quickly as I can. I am fulfilling commitments for commissioned official summer artworks, but will make the time necessary for this project as it will prevent further confusion and speculation about these posters. I am open to your suggestions, but I think this has been thoughtfully considered and reasoned out. I encourage everyone to post this forum or any other about their experience as I hope to exceed your expectations.
Sincerely,
Michael R. Everett
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 12:55 pm

One other thought...if you know some collectors that don't regularly follow the eb forums, but would have an interest in this undertaking, please let them know about it. Spread the word if you can.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2009 12:58 pm

I need to go through my Everett's, but I'm pretty sure my 2005 WSP Atlanta is numbered. :?

This is quite an undertaking. My concerns go with the damage potential with the back and forth in the mail.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri May 22, 2009 1:01 pm

I would like to trade mine in for some silkscreens thanks. :wink:
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 1:03 pm

MJBuck wrote:I need to go through my Everett's, but I'm pretty sure my 2005 WSP Atlanta is numbered. :?

This is quite an undertaking. My concerns go with the damage potential with the back and forth in the mail.
Pack well, and insure...please check your Atlanta and let Michael know.
mreverett
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2009 1:05 pm

MJBuck wrote:I need to go through my Everett's, but I'm pretty sure my 2005 WSP Atlanta is numbered. :?

Pack em right and they will not be damaged , please check your 2005 Atlanta.
Last edited by mreverett on Fri May 22, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marshhouse
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Thats going to be a long weekend.

Quite a noble offer.
Bacon is love.
treesis
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 1:21 pm

I have a LOT of Everetts. Would you like any outside info?
For example, I have the SCI Art Factory Sanddollar, I know its S/N'd. I could make a list of what I have that's #'d and PM that info to you just so you have it if you dont already.

The Jellyfish Stubbs, is this the one?
ME was gracious to sign it for me already, but hey if you are adding a # after the fact, sure why not. This is so beautiful by the way, one of my favs.

How can I get the address where to ship it to?
Also - let me know how you want payment for the postage back - via paypal, money order?

I need to verify but I dont think these are #'d although they may or may not have been limited runs (they may be numbered but I couldnt recall):

I was also brainstorming, HSMF 99 may not be #'d but I have it in a custom frame at this point so its not worth it to disturb it just for a #.

Im beyond thrilled ME that you are on the board and doing well!!! :clap:
Thank you so much for your generosity over the years!!!
Last edited by treesis on Fri May 22, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 1:25 pm

That's the Jellyfish Stubbs...please PM me for shipping details.
mreverett
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2009 1:38 pm

treesis wrote:I have a LOT of Everetts. Would you like any outside info?
For example, I have the SCI Art Factory Sanddollar, I know its S/N'd. I could make a list of what I have that's #'d and PM that info to you just so you have it if you dont already.

The Jellyfish Stubbs, is this the one?
ME was gracious to sign it for me already, but hey if you are adding a # after the fact, sure why not. This is so beautiful by the way, one of my favs.

How can I get the address where to ship it to?
Also - let me know how you want payment for the postage back - via paypal, money order?

I need to verify but I dont think these are #'d although they may or may not have been limited runs (they may be numbered but I couldnt recall):

I was also brainstorming, HSMF 99 may not be #'d but I have it in a custom frame at this point so its not worth it to disturb it just for a #.

Im beyond thrilled ME that you are on the board and doing well!!! :clap:
Thank you so much for your generosity over the years!!!
Any help is welcome, but we have good handle on it. The latter two are in the "waiting for edition confirmation in writing before numbering" category as was I not directly or solely responsible for the printing of those official SCI efforts. HSMF 1999 would also be a good one, same category! Stubbs jelly is correct! Heck of rainy night, eh treesis?
Thank you,
Michael
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Can I request #1 for all my prints? :wink:

Seriously though, this sounds like a huge undertaking. Of course it all depends on how many collectors participate but still....
heather_honey
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 1:54 pm

WOW! This is an ambitious project and a very gracious gesture to those who collect. Also great to hear of improving health conditions! You're all class, mreverett!
jcporter wrote:damn...with a name like "heather honey"...it's got to be good!
Give the gift of health and life to needy pets: http://saveuspets.org/
mreverett
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2009 1:56 pm

hainshead wrote:Can I request #1 for all my prints? :wink:

Seriously though, this sounds like a huge undertaking. Of course it all depends on how many collectors participate but still....
This has been considered. Fortunately we are talking about relatively rare posters! I hope that all collectors paticipate, but I understand that many of these posters are already painstakingly framed. Do you really want number one from a diabetic hainshead? :wink: