Michael Everett Posters IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

General art-related discussion.
jojobadass
Art God

Tue May 26, 2009 1:21 pm

well, at least Michael has figured out he's going to have to s/n most everything going forward.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue May 26, 2009 1:37 pm

jojobadass wrote:frankly, I don't care what Michael ends up doing...........it's his posters, it's his legacy; he can do whatever he decides.

What dragged me into this stupid thread is the lack of respect of the GP crowd. It's not just this thread, it's over and over again. It's the stupid Us vs. Them attitude.........the constant disrespect of artists of earlier generations and genres. A former board member of the drymounting API acts like a total donkey to the applause of his jackass peers.........that's a great way to use your influence. Way to go dicknut.
Nothing new there for piemel...
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 26, 2009 2:58 pm

piemel wrote:Maybe the board members here should make numbering ethics a priority. Then again I doubt people like morst can be fair and balanced so to speak.
The problem piemel is nobody here cares. Believe me, I've gotten flamed by tons of people around here, sent emails to the artists etc.. and nobody cares. The artists will continue pumping out variants, 100 runs of ap's on a 400 run poster, 2nd editions etc.. It's a losing battle............ Unfortunately the ethics that still exist in the "fine art world" do not carry over to the poster world sadly.....
"thanks for doing that for us slow people!!" Jojodumbass
robbieXeff

Tue May 26, 2009 3:08 pm

just back from kinkos. where do i send my prints in?
iratasan
Flipper

Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 pm

general questions since this is getting so heated up and keeping our "special guests" tonight in mind unneccessarily hostyle and unpolite as well:

- we are talking about "posters", right? i mean ink and paper, right?
- didn't "morst" stop posting around here before i even joined?!?!
- will later on somebody ask somebody else to apologize to the ames bros?
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue May 26, 2009 5:03 pm

iratasan wrote:general questions since this is getting so heated up and keeping our "special guests" tonight in mind unneccessarily hostyle and unpolite as well:

- we are talking about "posters", right? i mean ink and paper, right?
- didn't "morst" stop posting around here before i even joined?!?!
- will later on somebody ask somebody else to apologize to the ames bros?
-yes
-no, he is still a curator an member of the Board of Directors...he pops in from time to time.
-probably
rssesq
Art Expert

Tue May 26, 2009 5:07 pm

jojobadass wrote:most of of Michael Everett's prints are digital prints.

there seems to be some concern about existing bootlegs and/or the potential ease of bootlegging his prints.

norby offered everyone to send their prints in to be s/n by Michael.

Josh, an ex-wife, showed up and had a shat.

gigposter donkeys came in and stampeded the idea of s/n after the fact as unethical.

then norby changed course and offered everyone to send their prints in to be authenticated, stamped, and signed.

gigposter donkeys continue to bash this idea because they are generally lazy and refuse to read past page 1 of any thread.

thanks for the summary, sounds a bit shady.(el mano negro)
franklinstowr
Flipper

Thu May 28, 2009 9:05 pm

norbyjake wrote:As the primary concern in this forum seems to be the fact that the posters have a number, I have asked Michael if he feels comfortable authenticating the posters in a different manner, and he is more than happy to do so. He will have a special stamp made that he will stamp on the back of each (authentic) poster. It will have enough artwork that it won't be easy to reproduce, and it will have an "edition of __" included within the stamp. Michael will fill in the edition size on the stamp, and then sign it next to the stamp. If the front is not signed, and the owner wants the front signed, then Michael will be happy to do so (in gold or silver ink). If you are in possession of a framed poster, Michael will be happy to stamp the back if he can authenticate the poster without removing it from the frame. You are welcome to ship it framed, but please be very careful if you decide to do so, and please let me or Michael know that a framed poster is en route.

Michael will be sending me the edition sizes of the posters from the list on Page 1. As soon as I receive them, I will pass them along to an eb mod, and they can be posted on the individual pages.

For those of you just picking up this thread, Everett posters (on the Page 1 list for now) can be sent to me (Sixties Posters) ahead of June 12th, and then directly to Michael after June 14th. PLEASE send a PM to either myself or Michael for shipping details.

Once again, have a great weekend.
has the edition size information been received as of yet? I'm curious to know what the edition sizes are...
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri May 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Numbering was a supremely bad idea. You get to do that once, when they're printed. Unless you're Rob Jones and you carry a magic notebook with you or however he does it.

Authenticating is a good idea, I guess, if these are being repopped. Make a stamp that says "I'm sure this is real" and have Everett sign the back.

If you're treating these posters like super-valuable collector's items, really, it's about all that makes sense.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
parlow
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:59 am

Bump! LOL
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:46 am

I'm mailing my posters out tomorrow..........thanks for reminding me.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
whalaw
Site Admin

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:16 pm

For those interested, here is an update on some of the Everett Widespread Panic posters:

Stateline 50
Edgefield 50
Greek 100
Redmond 60
Winter Park 50
LA 100
Raleigh 50
Austin 50

I have updated the database with the new figures. Also, I do not know anything else about the editioning, as I am merely a conduit for the information.
itsdug
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Weird, I got all of mine back numbered 27.
no comment ®
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:43 am

days of old bump - interesting quest
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:15 am

I remember this thread. Turned into a bit of a shi*t show. Even after all these years, Everett prints dominate my collection, at least that's was EB tells me so it must be true. That said, I never opted to send my prints to Michael, Norby or anyone else for authentication. They are what they are. The few OG's I have of his I know are authentic and the others take me back to me early days of collecting and still make me happy.