Cant believe this is still available

General art-related discussion.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah that trips me out that the Andrew Bird is still available. This poster rocks in person. Reminds me allot of Detritus. The orange P&T version is sick too!
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:48 am

I still want that one, but I have no where to put it up due to size so I ended up passing.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:58 am

greenhorn1 wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:Image

Ok 1 day didn't surprise me but it's been on sale a week and is still available. This is the poster of the year (so far) IMO.
ummm yeah. WTF people this poster is awesome!

and yes the sacred mandala print, that regular version should have sold out FAST. The variants I can see taking a while to sell but with the regular run being relatively small $80 is a bargain for that print.

It's really not that awesome.
mcgod
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:13 pm

I know exactly why a lot of these are still available.. starts with an 'o' and ends with an 'iced'
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 pm

mcgod wrote:I know exactly why a lot of these are still available.. starts with an 'o' and ends with an 'iced'
For something that detailed, I don't think it's over priced at all. But then again $60 means something different to everyone depending on their economic status. I've sees some crap posters released for the same or more than that, and people eat it up like candy.
mcgod
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:55 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:
mcgod wrote:I know exactly why a lot of these are still available.. starts with an 'o' and ends with an 'iced'
For something that detailed, I don't think it's over priced at all. But then again $60 means something different to everyone depending on their economic status. I've sees some crap posters released for the same or more than that, and people eat it up like candy.
$60 is silly to me for a show poster... just been collecting too long I guess, I remember when folks would cringe if artists charged over $25-30
Now if they can get a higher price, good for them... but the point of this thread is to wonder why fudge is still available, and that's definitely one of the big reasons why imo.
If enough people thought it was worth the price (since it's such a great print), it would have sold out by now.
Last edited by mcgod on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iratasan
Flipper

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:09 pm

munter coalesce and boris did cost 100 USDs. instantly sold out. 60 bucks is not much for a gig poster.
tranito
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:16 pm

It's all relative.. $60 would be a hell of a deal for some gigposters, but for others, it'd be plain overpriced..
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:16 pm

I don't think it's true that the Munters were $100/each. I think $75 when Mike first sold them. Because I think I was the first one to buy them. But still, it's a lot of scratch either way.

But we're not talking about show posters. We're talking about the artist's copies of show posters sold after the gig. I can't ever recall seeing a poster for $60 at a show, they're usually $15-20 regardless of what the artist charges later. I'd be really surprised if that Andrew Bird was $60 at the venue. Though that Horkey Boris with the moth was the most expensive show poster ever, I think that was what, $40 at the venue?
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:17 pm

mcgod wrote:
TheThirdEye wrote:
$60 is silly to me for a show poster... just been collecting too long I guess, I remember when folks would cringe if artists charged over $25-30
Now if they can get a higher price, good for them... but the point of this thread is to wonder why fudge is still available, and that's definitely one of the big reasons why imo.
If enough people thought it was worth the price (since it's such a great print), it would have sold out by now.
P&T version was $60 and sold out pretty fast. I think it's silly that people are spending a ton of cash for TV show posters.
evdisease
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 pm

http://www.benharper.biz/sabacopo.html

I mean are ya kidding me...signed and numbered
:clap:

I`m nobody, I never did an exposition and a gallery really, I never show any work anywhere and I`m doing this big show and it`s all a make up kinda way you know....
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:40 pm

It blows my mind that this is still available
mattlew69
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:21 am

RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Image and Image
Available at the Faded Line: http://www.thefadedline.com/search.aspx ... turer=1117

I just assumed these sold out long ago. Guess it's the price that's putting people off but these are amazing prints.
this aggression will not stand, man.
soam24
Art Freak

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:21 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:Image and Image
Available at the Faded Line: http://www.thefadedline.com/search.aspx ... turer=1117

I just assumed these sold out long ago. Guess it's the price that's putting people off but these are amazing prints.

i almost pulled the trigger on that one so many times, but the price tag is scary.