New KAWS up

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9460
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:36 am

This isn't a tiny trifecta post card sized painting or some shitty ass mondo prints - they can sell and price however they want and this shits gonna sell out.. kaws fans have paper
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8401
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:44 am

partpat wrote:This isn't a tiny trifecta post card sized painting or some shitty ass mondo prints - they can sell and price however they want and this shits gonna sell out.. kaws fans have paper

This.


Also, it just makes sense. As some of the edition sells, it is literally becoming rarer with each sale. Usually things that are rarer cost more moneys. I guess I can understand how it "feels" like some sort of scam or a bit underhanded, but it's really not. At least not in my opinion. Most of the people buying these couldn't care less if they pay 25K or 30K. They just want it.
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
Posts: 3554
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:51 am

partpat wrote:kaws fans have paper
nah....

Image
Image
bkboy77
Art Expert
Posts: 8575
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Burger King

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:58 am

I still don't understand the artistic merit of famous cartoon characters appropriated by simply applying the Kaws signature ears and the X eyes.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
1000steps
Art Expert
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:01 pm

I cannot fathom the "hey! you shouldn't charge so much for that" psychology. A couple decades ago, if something seemed too expensive, people chose not to buy it and moved on. These days people take it personally, as if the item was priced exclusively for their inconvenience. Using that logic, retailers should feel free to berate customers who browse the inventory and then leave without buying something. "Hey! you shouldn't go somewhere else to buy at a lower price. You saw it in my store, so you gotta buy it from me!"
Welcome to the sleaze pit
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
Posts: 3554
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:07 pm

1000steps wrote:I cannot fathom the "hey! you shouldn't charge so much for that" psychology. A couple decades ago, if something seemed too expensive, people chose not to buy it and moved on. These days people take it personally, as if the item was priced exclusively for their inconvenience. Using that logic, retailers should feel free to berate customers who browse the inventory and then leave without buying something. "Hey! you shouldn't go somewhere else to buy at a lower price. You saw it in my store, so you gotta buy it from me!"
Image
Image
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8260
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm not saying they shouldn't charge what they want for it.

And also fully understand that Kaws is in a circle of galleries and art buyers that isn't meant for us poors.

Still doesn't change the fact that it seems like a dick move to raise prices as they are selling it.

Call me crazy.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8260
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:10 pm

bkboy77 wrote:I still don't understand the artistic merit of famous cartoon characters appropriated by simply applying the Kaws signature ears and the X eyes.
Image
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18039
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 pm

partpat wrote:This isn't a tiny trifecta post card sized painting or some shitty ass mondo prints - they can sell and price however they want and this shits gonna sell out.. kaws fans have paper
Of course it will. It's going to sell out at any price point. Kaws fans have cash and it's a pretty devoted fan base but that doesn't change the fact that tier pricing is bush league. Going to be interesting seeing where the price point peaks.

Are the usual Kaws buyers here going to scoop one up?
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8401
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:32 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
partpat wrote:This isn't a tiny trifecta post card sized painting or some shitty ass mondo prints - they can sell and price however they want and this shits gonna sell out.. kaws fans have paper
Of course it will. It's going to sell out at any price point. Kaws fans have cash and it's a pretty devoted fan base but that doesn't change the fact that tier pricing is bush league. Going to be interesting seeing where the price point peaks.

Are the usual Kaws buyers here going to scoop one up?

I don't think you know what "bush league" means.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8260
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:40 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
partpat wrote:This isn't a tiny trifecta post card sized painting or some shitty ass mondo prints - they can sell and price however they want and this shits gonna sell out.. kaws fans have paper
Of course it will. It's going to sell out at any price point. Kaws fans have cash and it's a pretty devoted fan base but that doesn't change the fact that tier pricing is bush league. Going to be interesting seeing where the price point peaks.

Are the usual Kaws buyers here going to scoop one up?

I don't think you know what "bush league" means.

bush league
NORTH AMERICAN

noun
1. a minor league of a professional sport, especially baseball.

"their bush league image"

adjectiveinformal

1.not of the highest quality or sophistication; second-rate.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8401
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:43 pm

:roll:



Moving on...but by all means, keep bitching. Mondo flat file thread has died and you guys are a good substitute. :lol:
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18039
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:44 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
partpat wrote:This isn't a tiny trifecta post card sized painting or some shitty ass mondo prints - they can sell and price however they want and this shits gonna sell out.. kaws fans have paper
Of course it will. It's going to sell out at any price point. Kaws fans have cash and it's a pretty devoted fan base but that doesn't change the fact that tier pricing is bush league. Going to be interesting seeing where the price point peaks.

Are the usual Kaws buyers here going to scoop one up?

I don't think you know what "bush league" means.
Oh ok.
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
Philpenn
Art Expert
Posts: 3650
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am
Location: Keystone Country.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Imagine the Mondo thread if they uped prices as stock lowered.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8260
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Philpenn wrote:Imagine the Mondo thread if they uped prices as stock lowered.
Won't lie, it would be fun to watch.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Post Reply