New KAWS up

General art-related discussion.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:17 am

virtualj wrote:
applehead wrote:They are both software bots, no doubt, but don't dumb it down and not distinguish between a bot that will notify you of a change versus a bot that will order unattended unlimited amounts of items, or unlimited amounts of entries. I personally believe there is a big difference.
Bot is a bot is a bot
A cops is a cop is a cop amiright?
fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:36 am

mrsippycups wrote:Straight copyright infringement
Copyright infringement of what? Kaws' companion is a direct rip off from Disney and his dissected is a direct rip off of Damion Hirst's Hymn statue which is a direct ripped off from the Humbrol's Young Scientist Male Anatomy Set.
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:35 am

Deadmau5 has been putting that x on the eyes since the beginning of time. HA!
happyshopper
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:42 am

fribhey wrote:
Copyright infringement of what? Kaws' companion is a direct rip off from Disney and his dissected is a direct rip off of Damion Hirst's Hymn statue which is a direct ripped off from the Humbrol's Young Scientist Male Anatomy Set.
You'd think people on an art forum would know a little more about the history of art and the difference between "rip off" and subversion/appropriation.
happyshopper
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:48 am

I have a feeling the Snoopy Plush toys won't be released by Uniqlo in Europe, so if anyone can grab a spare in the US I'd appreciate it!
Stuff to trade, or can pay a little on top of your cost.
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:27 am

happyshopper wrote:
fribhey wrote:
You'd think people on an art forum would know a little more about the history of art and the difference between "rip off" and subversion/appropriation.
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/04/16/ ... imitation/
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=1920

that was the joke . . .
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:07 am

happyshopper wrote:
fribhey wrote:
Actually, you'd think ARTISTS would know a little more about the history of art and the difference between "rip off" and subversion/appropriation.

My entire comment was based on the ironic, uncalled for and extremely hypocritical, public beef Kaws has decided to take up with Jason Freeny (http://www.moistproduction.com). Kaws' arrogance has lead him to believe that anyone who uses dissection or X'd out eyes are ripping him off. See mrsippycups' last post with reference links since you seem unfamiliar with what we are making fun of.

Also, Hirst doesn't appropriate anything, He has a long history of ripping off other artists.
Jasper73
Art Expert

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:57 pm

coming along nicely.
ImageT.K.C.
ksn
Art Expert

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Uniqlo opened up sales for the KAWS collab at 2am in jp. Plushes have 2 per person limit and as of an hour and a half later, they're are still available.
fribhey
Art Expert

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 pm

ksn wrote:Uniqlo opened up sales for the KAWS collab at 2am in jp. Plushes have 2 per person limit and as of an hour and a half later, they're are still available.
they aren't going to make the same mistake as last year... they know people are going to be buying up tons of these in hopes to resell so they're just going to make plenty to meet the demand. flippers might take a bath on this one, or at least won't be able to make what they think they will. The flipper's only hope will come from international european customers because the plush is only available in Japan and the US.
Brazzzy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Well, the large plush was up for a while and I still managed to fail at getting one. See you all at the pavillions uniqlo tomorrow at 10.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:12 pm

missed on both plush. wtf.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
applehead
Art Expert

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 pm

easy score here, only went for the large though.

good luck at the pavilions tomorrow. i'll be skipping that
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:17 pm

applehead wrote:easy score here, only went for the large though.

good luck at the pavilions tomorrow. i'll be skipping that
yeah i made the mistake of using my phone. hell no, no pavilions for me either.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.