New KAWS up

General art-related discussion.
partpat
Art Freak

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:"You just lost my business. I am never buying from you again" - A guy who can't afford Kaws art

I wish he would respond to one of those by saying cool you can't afford my fudge anyway

Its just implied tho :lol: He makes to much per second to be replying to mouth breathing trolls looking to make a quick stack.

Would be a drop the mic moment tho.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:"You just lost my business. I am never buying from you again" - A guy who can't afford Kaws art

I wish he would respond to one of those by saying cool you can't afford my fudge anyway
:lol: a comment like that would make KAWS the GOAT
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:
bubbie wrote: Also, I am on the mailing list and have been for a long while and did not receive any email about the lottery, unless none were sent out.
i received an email yesterday
Ha. I guess I will never buy from him ever again :lol:

Edit: Ha x2. Received an email as I wrote the above. Wtf? I take it back though, and I will buy again :lol:
Last edited by bubbie on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm

bubbie wrote:
biscocrack420 wrote:
bubbie wrote: Also, I am on the mailing list and have been for a long while and did not receive any email about the lottery, unless none were sent out.
i received an email yesterday
Ha. I guess I will never buy from him ever again :lol:
Brian is gonna be GUTTED

partpat wrote:

Its just implied tho :lol: He makes to much per second to be replying to mouth breathing trolls looking to make a quick stack.

Would be a drop the mic moment tho.

Dude it really would.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
applehead
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm

butter80 wrote:
applehead wrote:well that sucked. woke up at 10 (MST), and went online around 12:10 EST and everything said sold out. DIdnt expect a lotto period with results on 4/24 to end in less than 10 minutes. Oh well. WHat can one do. I give up
K.A.R.M.A :lol: :lol:
Ok judges. Out way to late on 4/20 seeing concerts and hanging at industry parties in Denver, is more accurate. I make sound life decisions, live by the laws of Karma, and am 100% comfortable with myself, and even missing it today. Oh well. Even if I was here at Noon EST, it was only a lotto right?

Anyway. Did anyone here score anything? I was really interested in the hoodie for myself. I'd be interested in trading for the hoodie size XL. So when you guys get the lotto results, feel free to hit me up if you want to sell or trade.
PDC
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

bubbie wrote:
PDC wrote:It's great for the people that were able to get their request in because they will have a decent chance
of getting something on their list. Although, KAWS did fail in areas of handling this entire drop.
the dude clearly likes to drymount with people, as witnessed by the whole day worth of refreshing previously and today's drop :lol:
Also, I am on the mailing list and have been for a long while and did not receive any email about the lottery, unless none were sent out.
Yeah, I think so too. Especially, with the grim reaper post. I can appreciate that side of him in way, even if I wasn't able to get on the list today.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Brian is gonna be GUTTED
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm

applehead wrote:
butter80 wrote:
applehead wrote:well that sucked. woke up at 10 (MST), and went online around 12:10 EST and everything said sold out. DIdnt expect a lotto period with results on 4/24 to end in less than 10 minutes. Oh well. WHat can one do. I give up
K.A.R.M.A :lol: :lol:
Ok judges. Out way to late on 4/20 seeing concerts and hanging at industry parties in Denver, is more accurate. I make sound life decisions, live by the laws of Karma, and am 100% comfortable with myself, and even missing it today. Oh well. Even if I was here at Noon EST, it was only a lotto right?

Anyway. Did anyone here score anything? I was really interested in the hoodie for myself. I'd be interested in trading for the hoodie size XL. So when you guys get the lotto results, feel free to hit me up if you want to sell or trade.
didn't realize you were in denver. Did you go to the Afroman, Methodman, redman show? :ziggi:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm

bubbie wrote:Received an email as I wrote the above. Wtf? I take it back though, and I will buy again :lol:
you know that big email lists are sent out in sections to avoid being flagged as spam, right? if you have a 10,000 person list, not all 10,000 emails are sent at the exact same time; they are staggered.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:48 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:
bubbie wrote:Received an email as I wrote the above. Wtf? I take it back though, and I will buy again :lol:
you know that big email lists are sent out in sections to avoid being flagged as spam, right? if you have a 10,000 person list, not all 10,000 emails are sent at the exact same time; they are staggered.
Whatever. I AM NEVER SUBSCRIBING TO AN EMAIL LIST AGAIN
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Believe the old mailing list for kawsone got deleted. Post the Reaper at the door, the site had a box to get on the new one.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:29 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:
Thanks, cap! I am sure this was the reason I received the email a day after it was sent. What's the delay time between batches? Thankfully, it did not land in my spam box though.
RambosRemodeler wrote:Whatever. I AM NEVER SUBSCRIBING TO AN EMAIL LIST AGAIN
Yep, already unsubscribed myself from all the mailing lists I was on. drymount them.
Philpenn wrote:Believe the old mailing list for kawsone got deleted. Post the Reaper at the door, the site had a box to get on the new one.
I saw that but did not bother signing up since I thought I was already on that list :lol:
Also, email did come through, eventually, so the list does exist. It does happen with this particular address once in a while, for whatever reason. Sometimes, I have people sending me an email to two addresses and I receive one almost immediately but this one gets stuck somewhere for a few minutes or days, apparently. But this is my junk box and it would a pain to even figure out all the mailing lists I am on and not really worth it. I haven't gotten screwed by it enough times yet to do anything about it :lol:
fribhey
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:38 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
fribhey wrote:
alittle wrote:Can't wait for KAWSxJordan butthurt round 2 on instagram
here are some highlights:
acjmkkl
drymounting liar u just lost all ur supporters 12pm est? You company ends at 21/4 12pm est
+
grailboxes
@acjmkkl LOL! Lost his supporters :lol: funniest comment yet

acjmkkl
@grailboxes drymount off are you messing with me?
Some more comments from another instagram photo of his:
laz5laz
OPEN THAT fudge BACK UP MR BRAIN DONELLY. I ALMOST DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT TRYING TO ENTER. NEXT THING U KNOW U CLOSE IT

md_leemhuis
How do you open a lottery and close it seconds later. You and your shoe are a joke! Waste of everyones time.

phillysole
If you didn't lose fans before with the 31st release this was a surefire way to lose them.

leixu7
You've gotta be drymounting kidding me that the raffle window has already closed. What a drymounting joke Kaws. Might as well not do the raffle and give all these to your friends again.
these sneaker idiots have no idea who kaws even is. here are my personal favorites (both are from the same person):
maf030303
@kaws So once again you have been silent for a week now in regards to sending out emails for this drop. When will u get ur ish together and be up front with people. You are an ahole and as soon as these drop within 10 seconds when all the bots scoop them up, u will be a forgotten man. no one really gives a crap about any of ur dumb mickey mouse designs! yea those hands are soo original. So we know u wanna hold on to some fame for a little while longer, but jist drop them already and stop beaiting around the bush! as i said you will be a forgotten man 10 seconds after u release them! Your such a dk head! Yes all this hate is because i was one of the aholes who stood on line all day the museum just to be told 10 hoirs later theres none left. Famous one second, no fame literally 10'seconds later! bye monkey balls!

maf030303
@dustycartgames Does it really matter??? BD is just hanging on to the spotlight for as long as he can! As i said once they drop on kawsone, within 5-10 seconds BD will no longer matter and he knows it!
yeah, the artist who sells out $20k PRINTS in his sleep will no longer matter... yeah, ok buddy, just keep buying sneakers.
fribhey
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:56 pm

kaws just posted this on instagram:
Thanks everyone who entered the JORDAN X KAWS lottery on KAWSONE.com today. All winning buyers will be notified on Monday April 24th. The lottery was closed after 7 minutes, at which point the site had successfully received nearly 30 thousand entries. Leaving the site open longer would have only lead to more disappointment. The response to this project has been overwhelming; we have received hundreds of thousands of mailing list signups (and yes, filtering out bots) since my post on April 3rd. We tried to make the release on KAWSONE as fair as possible, but understand it's inevitable that some people will be disappointed. Sales were restricted to the US because those are the terms we agreed to with Jordan Brand in order to offer the product on KAWSONE. Good luck to everyone who was able to enter the lottery today…
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Jordan must be a Trumper.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.