SHOW US YOUR ORIGINAL PAINTINGS, etc...."NICE" ART

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
bmerel
Art Expert
Posts: 6332
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:44 pm

no words. yay. you. good. want. faaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!
User avatar
treweman
Art Expert
Posts: 7069
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: upstate new york

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Wow! Another home run, Corvin. Congrats.

And good luck tomorrow. I hope everything goes well for you and you wife. Exciting times!
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8902
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:22 pm

thanks...moonlight was the 'warmup' painting for my family piece.
User avatar
dlazarow
Art Expert
Posts: 1638
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Contact:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi all,
This is my first foray into designing a screen print. It's commercial and personal at the same time.
My twin sons played baby Michael Hodgins on "Bones" last season in 5 episodes, so I designed this print as nostalgia for that.
Obviously Ansin GOT was inspiration as is Stout's line work which I can't come close to replicating with my out-of-practice art skills.
This was all done digitally except for the line work which was done in ink and scanned into the final product.
Unfortunately I would imagine there would be some licensing issues since they are all vignettes from the episodes but if anyone has commentary about that I'd be interested in hearing.
All constructive feedback is welcome.. I'm a big boy, I can take it...
Thanks.
Dan
MSVH_InProgress2.jpg
"A ship is always safe at the shore - but that is NOT what it is built for."
― Albert Einstein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danlazarow
http://www.danimation-inc.com
http://www.vimeo.com/danlazarow
spen640
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Better camera is out of commission at the moment but I snapped a quick picture in the meantime that doesn't really do this justice.

Love this painting. The representation of light is stunning.

Image
User avatar
db23
Art Expert
Posts: 4776
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:06 pm

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:19 pm

spen who is that artist again? that's a print also, right? i remember trying to find that (or at least something that looked like it) for quite awhile.
User avatar
xN3rDx
Art Expert
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:53 am
Location: Guam, USA

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm

dlazarow wrote:Hi all,
This is my first foray into designing a screen print. It's commercial and personal at the same time.
My twin sons played baby Michael Hodgins on "Bones" last season in 5 episodes, so I designed this print as nostalgia for that.
Obviously Ansin GOT was inspiration as is Stout's line work which I can't come close to replicating with my out-of-practice art skills.
This was all done digitally except for the line work which was done in ink and scanned into the final product.
Unfortunately I would imagine there would be some licensing issues since they are all vignettes from the episodes but if anyone has commentary about that I'd be interested in hearing.
All constructive feedback is welcome.. I'm a big boy, I can take it...
Thanks.
Dan
MSVH_InProgress2.jpg
Wrong thread. This one is for original art purchased.

Try this one...
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 32&t=13578
spen640
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:40 pm

db23 wrote:spen who is that artist again? that's a print also, right? i remember trying to find that (or at least something that looked like it) for quite awhile.
Correct... "Harlem" by David Welker... The guy has a lot of range if you look through what he has done.

Image
User avatar
fnord
Art Expert
Posts: 7398
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:46 pm

spen640 wrote:Better camera is out of commission at the moment but I snapped a quick picture in the meantime that doesn't really do this justice.

Love this painting. The representation of light is stunning.
:clap: :clap:
Very nice
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
User avatar
TheThirdEye
Art Expert
Posts: 4486
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Northern California

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Both of those Dan May paintings are crazy good. Congrats Lightyears!
Image
User avatar
Jon1701
Art Expert
Posts: 3845
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:50 pm

From the Crazy for cult NY show - Ryan Hungerford - Mark It a Zero. My first OG.

:lol:
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6899
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:17 am

Gandalf from the Ralph Bakshi version of the Lord of the Rings (which I still maintain was the better version)

Image


its a hand painted animation cel, so I am assuming it qualifies as original art? :)

edit: this is from the scene where Gandalf returns as Gandalf the White and is first seen in the forest by Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli.
Last edited by fitz on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
treweman
Art Expert
Posts: 7069
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: upstate new york

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:08 am

Yes ... this is the place to post your animation cel. Looks good ...
Last edited by treweman on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
bkboy77
Art Expert
Posts: 8581
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Burger King

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:18 am

awesome Dan May and Welker OG's here. :clap:
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
User avatar
jgliddy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Just got this beauty from EB member Chr1s. It's a gouache painting called Diversity:
DSCN1418.JPG
He's got a bunch of original paintings up on his store (http://www.chrismurraystudio.com ) and he is a true gentleman to deal with.

Thanks Chris!
Post Reply