Someone needs a whitening strip or two.
:wink:
Dude has a major coffee/cig addiction.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
ksn
Art Expert

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Got some fun pieces from a student artist based in Canada. Can check out her stuff here and here.

treweman
Art Expert

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 am

Couldn't resist adding another Shawn Huckins painting to my collection. This one, James Beard: The drymount?, is part of a new series by Shawn titled American__tier. None of the paintings in this series are on his web site yet, but many have recently been exhibited in New York. If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing one of Shawn's pieces in person, it is difficult to appreciate how well executed they are. I am enamored of these paintings, but three portraits with tweets across them may be my limit for a while.

fnord
Art Expert

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 am

I'm really enjoying that series Treweman.
KSN that first painting is really nice.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
churdiales
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:29 am

this thread, and the "what are you listening to?" one, are my top 2 on EB. good stuff, treweman.
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 am

treweman wrote:Couldn't resist adding another Shawn Huckins painting to my collection. This one, James Beard: The drymount?, is part of a new series by Shawn titled American__tier. None of the paintings in this series are on his web site yet, but many have recently been exhibited in New York. If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing one of Shawn's pieces in person, it is difficult to appreciate how well executed they are. I am enamored of these paintings, but three portraits with tweets across them may be my limit for a while.

Bit different Trew, what gets you with the execution? Interested to see more photos.
treweman
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:49 am

The portraits themselves take weeks, sometimes months to paint, and the detail work is impressive. I wish he were working in oil rather than acrylic, but that is a small quibble. One of the things I like about his portraits is the soft edge. These are not photorealistic, although they may look like it from a distance. It also impresses me that Shawn has a vision as an artist. His work has a well defined story it, and this isn't the often fuzzy, tacked on explanations I often read for other artists.
plaink
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:30 am

They're nice paintings, treweman. What is the story? Do you have a link?
bmerel
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:51 pm

This was the last piece i purchased before deciding to "take the plunge" and sell off a bunch of my collection. This one is gorgeous and my first Dan May OG..

"April Mourning"
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:36 pm

^^Beautiful drawing. :clap:
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
jodeci78
Art Expert

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:39 am

Hey Everyone!

I've been pretty silent on the boards for a while, but I still check in every few days. Anyway, I just bought this wonderful piece today by Andrew Young, a rising star in the arts community here in Vancouver, Canada. This piece is called 'Delaminate' and features a flying ballerina done in pencil. In the detail pics, you can see that he actually takes different pieces of the artboard and cuts some chunks away, and applies different artboard layers on top before doing this piece.

Here are some pictures.

jodeci78
Art Expert

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:55 am

You can check out Andrew Young here at: http://dyoung.co/

He actually won the 2013 'Emerging Artist Award' for the Federation of Canadian Artists. They had a show in Vancouver a couple weeks ago (http://artists.ca/federation_gallery/airs)

His piece "Before-glow," Collage and Oil on mahogany, 24"x36" for which he received the award. This piece also showed at thinkspace gallery in CA.

Here are some other wonderful OGs, many for sale.

Here's an album of available work (not sure how up-to-date the inventory is) and hi-res images, check it here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10661872 ... 8P_1dnX9wE
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:23 am

Some of those are pretty cool.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:39 pm

In my quest for an invaded scream, I found this mixed media ink/water colour from an Italian artist, Jacob Hitt.

It's a Munch Gogh. :lol:
scream1.jpg
scream2.jpg
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
treweman
Art Expert

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:52 am

Just bought a piece by RAE at the Word of Mouth show that opened this evening. Actually shocked at how this acquisition went down. Nrgball posted some photos of the installation on another forum, and as I looked through them, I noticed a piece that wasn't in the preview that was sent out yesterday. I quickly contacted Hope at Brooklynite (11 pm !!), and she got back to me with the information that the piece had just been added to the show today, and was indeed for sale. Titled Lyin' Ass - I love that - it is 24 x 20 and has 3D elements. This sale was so quick that I'm not sure what the piece is painted on, but I think it's wood. At about a quarter after midnight, the sale was confirmed. Woo Hoo! I'm stoked! And, boys and girls, this is why you don't drink expensive scotch with a computer and a credit card anywhere near.
image.jpg