Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
alwaysalx
Art Expert
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Closer Than New York City

Sun May 09, 2010 11:57 am

ottomatik71 wrote:Maybe Rene G should read POPism:The Warhol Sixties. By Andy and Pat Hackett. Andy writes in 1960-63, that they all were doing the same stuff, they didn't mind, it made it more visible in the public eye. Actually, Andy was told, in the beginning, to be more like Lichtenstein. At the time Andy was painting two different ways. One was more Abstract Expressionism à la Jasper Johns and Bob Rauschenburg. The other was more of the POP style. Andy had met Emile de Antionio and had invited him over to show him his work. He had 2 paintings that were of a Coke bottle showing his two styles.(mentioned above) De told him to destroy the AE styled one and that the POPish one was 'remarkable'
Maybe Rene should stop doing prints to show that he was the first, and start doing more original prints. I like some of Renes' pieces, I even own one. But please stop trying to hammer this into the ground. It's turning peeps off!
Explore more bubble ideas Rene, get more work out on the street. Use your talent to make people notice your art, not to proove that you did it first. Who cares, I'm sure Banksy and MBW don't. They are getting paid!

+1
well said brother :clap: :clap:
neshaus
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Sun May 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Catarax wrote:
neshaus wrote:
blazedoutbee wrote:
Cbjornson wrote:Rene's stuff is of the upmost quality. Id be pissed if both Banksy and MBW was ripping me without credit. Once the MBW bubble burst (and it already is) ppeople are gonna turn to someone and I'm sure Rene is gonna be the next target. Get it while you can!

the Mr. Brainwash bubble is far from bursting! Get on the gravy train while it lasts! Choo-Chooo!
woah! what is that avatar you have? did you make stickers of that?

edit: just did a quick search on your forum name to track down some info on that image (are you the artist?) and up comes some interesting stuff! someone doesn't like you huh? what's the beef all about?

you have a lot of personal questions for the guy for a newb.. are their any latent reasons for this, or is it purely curiosity..
I saw the icon that guy has and I thought it was cool. is it too personal of a question to ask him about it? or is it taboo to mention what comes up searching for info on the guy with the cool icon? you seem a little uptight about this yourself catarax, did I do something to upset you?

something weird is going on too. I got a personal message from blazedoutbee and it says now that the message was deleted before it was delivered. did I do something wrong? sorry if I stepped on any toes or strayed from the topic. blazedoutbee, can you send the message again?
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7129
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Sun May 09, 2010 12:06 pm

Image
User avatar
mateospain
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Sun May 09, 2010 12:46 pm

If one of u happens to pick up the free print(s) today and doesn't want it/them, PM me with a cash/trade offer
alwaysalx
Art Expert
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Closer Than New York City

Sun May 09, 2010 12:53 pm

mateospain wrote:If one of u happens to pick up the free print(s) today and doesn't want it/them, PM me with a cash/trade offer
same here boys, looking to trade or buy

pm me and/or check my collection - banksy's are off limits
cybernigel
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:00 am

Sun May 09, 2010 2:03 pm

carljwiii wrote:This should be renamed Foodrap has a mancrush :drool: on Brainwash thread.
:lol:
It's an astonishing amount of d!ckriding isn't it?
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
Posts: 19947
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
Contact:

Sun May 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Pics from the show please
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
User avatar
mateospain
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Sun May 09, 2010 2:25 pm

jojobadass wrote:Pics from the show please
I don't think they open the doors until 3pm EST right? Another 20 minutes...curious to find out how many people standing in line. Def. post pics once inside please! :clap:
HotRodTikiGod
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am

Sun May 09, 2010 2:28 pm

You guys are going to LOVE this:

Anne Hathaway's BF caught taking MBW off the NY streets.

http://www.jetsetgraffiti.com/2010/05/0 ... ash-mural/

Image

Image
User avatar
mateospain
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Sun May 09, 2010 2:37 pm

HotRodTikiGod wrote:You guys are going to LOVE this:

Anne Hathaway's BF caught taking MBW off the NY streets.

http://www.jetsetgraffiti.com/2010/05/0 ... ash-mural/

Image

Image
WTF! Are you serious? 0 class
alwaysalx
Art Expert
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Closer Than New York City

Sun May 09, 2010 2:39 pm

PHUCKING THIEF!!
neshaus
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Sun May 09, 2010 2:44 pm

HotRodTikiGod wrote:You guys are going to LOVE this:

Anne Hathaway's BF caught taking MBW off the NY streets.

http://www.jetsetgraffiti.com/2010/05/0 ... ash-mural/
Last time I checked, taking illegally posted advertisements off of the streets was not a crime. But that's only since the last time I checked, I could be wrong.
User avatar
mateospain
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Sun May 09, 2010 2:48 pm

neshaus wrote:
HotRodTikiGod wrote:You guys are going to LOVE this:

Anne Hathaway's BF caught taking MBW off the NY streets.

http://www.jetsetgraffiti.com/2010/05/0 ... ash-mural/
Last time I checked, taking illegally posted advertisements off of the streets was not a crime. But that's only since the last time I checked, I could be wrong.
No, not illegal, but it is hugely disrespectful. Artists put their work up in public places for all to enjoy, not so that 2 punks can tear it down and stick it up on the wall in their loft. Or worse yet, put it up for auction the Bay to make a buck from it like that gallery-owner did with the Banksy piece not long ago. Pure sleaze if you ask me, I'm happy they got caught red-handed, talk about a PR nightmare!
neshaus
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Sun May 09, 2010 2:51 pm

mateospain wrote:
neshaus wrote:
HotRodTikiGod wrote:You guys are going to LOVE this:

Anne Hathaway's BF caught taking MBW off the NY streets.

http://www.jetsetgraffiti.com/2010/05/0 ... ash-mural/
Last time I checked, taking illegally posted advertisements off of the streets was not a crime. But that's only since the last time I checked, I could be wrong.
No, not illegal, but it is hugely disrespectful. Artists put their work up in public places for all to enjoy, not so that 2 punks can tear it down and stick it up on the wall in their loft. Or worse yet, put it up for auction the Bay to make a buck from it like that gallery-owner did with the Banksy piece not long ago. Pure sleaze if you ask me, I'm happy they got caught red-handed, talk about a PR nightmare!
MBW does not seem to have a problem stealing other people's work. He encourages people to make money with his art by posting it on ebay. I doubt that he is upset.
User avatar
mateospain
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Sun May 09, 2010 3:00 pm

neshaus wrote:
mateospain wrote:
neshaus wrote:
HotRodTikiGod wrote:You guys are going to LOVE this:

Anne Hathaway's BF caught taking MBW off the NY streets.

http://www.jetsetgraffiti.com/2010/05/0 ... ash-mural/
Last time I checked, taking illegally posted advertisements off of the streets was not a crime. But that's only since the last time I checked, I could be wrong.
No, not illegal, but it is hugely disrespectful. Artists put their work up in public places for all to enjoy, not so that 2 punks can tear it down and stick it up on the wall in their loft. Or worse yet, put it up for auction the Bay to make a buck from it like that gallery-owner did with the Banksy piece not long ago. Pure sleaze if you ask me, I'm happy they got caught red-handed, talk about a PR nightmare!
MBW does not seem to have a problem stealing other people's work. He encourages people to make money with his art by posting it on ebay. I doubt that he is upset.
I know that MBW has borrowed other people's ideas/themes for his own works, I was the one that posted the pictures of Gagnon's new print calling MBW out, but I don't believe he physically steals their pieces like these douche-bags have done. Anyway, clearly you don't see anything wrong with this so I guess it's safe to assume that you would do the same given the chance...
Post Reply