Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52833
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:05 pm

Duh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 14084
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:01 am

The Street Artist Mr. Brainwash Is Opening Up a Museum Dedicated to Himself (and Other Artists He Admires) in Los Angeles

The pop-up space will open at the former Paley Center for Media.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/mr-br ... tter%20USE
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
HR3
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:04 am

I just hope that Dave Chappelle is one of those artists. Cuz damn, who doesn’t wanna see that balla a$$ chandelier made up of $2,000,000 worth of tasty chicken dinners from over the years? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Image

Image
Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.
moosix
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:50 am

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:10 pm

'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Mr. Brainwash (if he's not Banksy :roll:) is intended to be satire of the whole "street art" scene. Basically, he throws a bunch of overly cheesy fudge out there and laughs at people when they take it seriously. The sad thing is, it often times is better and deeper than a lot of the "street art" being produced right now.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 6823
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:20 pm

But did you find out about those postal codes and zip codes?

Edit: and now countertop equipment?
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52833
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:32 pm

Luls. #spambotornot
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
HR3
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:51 pm

moosix wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:10 pm
'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Mr. Brainwash (if he's not Banksy :roll:) is intended to be satire of the whole "street art" scene. Basically, he throws a bunch of overly cheesy fudge out there and laughs at people when they take it seriously. The sad thing is, it often times is better and deeper than a lot of the "street art" being produced right now.
No offense. But they pretty much have confirmed otherwise. Basically what did happen, is mr brainwash saw his cuz killing it, had already moved here, was struggling selling goodwill clothes in a storefront and decided to follow the street artists around in LA to learn the craft and he video taped every single thing, so he could just play, practice, rewind repeat until he could do it too. Banksy fell into his lap and gave him the support and street cred he needed to pull it off.

To further support this, Banksy and Fairey have had a bit of a falling out with him. Mainly because he had instantaneous success that hasn’t faded.

Word on the street is that Thierry and banksy had a falling out over some expenses but supposedly that is squashed. Fairey’s deal is supposedly mainly jealousy. He’s selling $60 prints vs thierrys multi thousand prints. Fairey even indirectly bashes Thierry in interviews about what not to invest in when looking to invest in street art. Basically describes brainwash without naming him.

Today, Thierry is branching out, he’s been working really hard to pump out some stuff for his museum, recultivating relationships for his gallery and helping his son get going. Hijack is already doing well out the gate selling out his works and for good money.

I imagine if Babbs, I think it is on here, we’re to chime in, he would have some better insight than me these days on the life of Thierry...

But pretty sure brainwash isn’t banksy. Although, u do know that none of these street artists work alone, right? It’s more of a collective w/ a ring leader.

It’s more of: his name was Robert Paulson, my name is Robert Paulson, your name is Robert Paulson, fight club style... although much less secret than fight club. Cuz u can’t have 5 Banksys, but you kinda really do... you got 5 banksys sitting around together getting fukked up and doing art. Pretty sick life.
Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9647
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:42 pm

HR3 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:51 pm
moosix wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:10 pm
'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Mr. Brainwash (if he's not Banksy :roll:) is intended to be satire of the whole "street art" scene. Basically, he throws a bunch of overly cheesy fudge out there and laughs at people when they take it seriously. The sad thing is, it often times is better and deeper than a lot of the "street art" being produced right now.
No offense. But they pretty much have confirmed otherwise. Basically what did happen, is mr brainwash saw his cuz killing it, had already moved here, was struggling selling goodwill clothes in a storefront and decided to follow the street artists around in LA to learn the craft and he video taped every single thing, so he could just play, practice, rewind repeat until he could do it too. Banksy fell into his lap and gave him the support and street cred he needed to pull it off.

To further support this, Banksy and Fairey have had a bit of a falling out with him. Mainly because he had instantaneous success that hasn’t faded.

Word on the street is that Thierry and banksy had a falling out over some expenses but supposedly that is squashed. Fairey’s deal is supposedly mainly jealousy. He’s selling $60 prints vs thierrys multi thousand prints. Fairey even indirectly bashes Thierry in interviews about what not to invest in when looking to invest in street art. Basically describes brainwash without naming him.

Today, Thierry is branching out, he’s been working really hard to pump out some stuff for his museum, recultivating relationships for his gallery and helping his son get going. Hijack is already doing well out the gate selling out his works and for good money.

I imagine if Babbs, I think it is on here, we’re to chime in, he would have some better insight than me these days on the life of Thierry...

But pretty sure brainwash isn’t banksy. Although, u do know that none of these street artists work alone, right? It’s more of a collective w/ a ring leader.

It’s more of: his name was Robert Paulson, my name is Robert Paulson, your name is Robert Paulson, fight club style... although much less secret than fight club. Cuz u can’t have 5 Banksys, but you kinda really do... you got 5 banksys sitting around together getting fukked up and doing art. Pretty sick life.
He’s not Banksy lol and all of his money is in real estate. He doesn’t give two shits about his art market. Cool story though?
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 6823
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:10 am

bubbie wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:50 pm
bubbie wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:51 pm
bubbie wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:16 pm
Image
HR3
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:38 am

[/quote]

He’s not Banksy lol and all of his money is in real estate. He doesn’t give two shits about his art market. Cool story though?
[/quote]

Well, he inherited his real estate portfolio from his affluent real estate investing family which is why he’s here in the first place so there’s that I guess...

Did he buy some more? Well, more or less he had to realign his portfolio as he got divorced recently.

And he doesn’t give two shits about his art? Clearly comments like this seem like ur trolling me hard. It’s what he considers his greatest legacy and one of his greatest joys is his son following in his footsteps like any father would love.

Y are people soo hostile on this site. I don’t get if ur just die hard trolling me or if u really believe what u are saying.

Either way, if that’s really what u believe, not sure how u came to that conclusion. But I’m not gonna hate on u.

I’m thinking maybe ur not in the LA area where tons of artists know him and/or have worked with him directly helping him set his galleries, build sets and create works for his events. Sooo...Not trying to be a dick, but the stuff I’m dropping isn’t anything that’s a secret. Which is why I feel ur trolling me.

Are U trolling me just to be a dick or do U really believe what u are saying? I really do not know.
Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
Posts: 6964
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:00 am

lol people still think he's banksy?
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9647
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:05 am

DickButt wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:00 am
lol people still think he's banksy?
nah i'm apparently trolling and being a dick.
or if u really believe what u are saying.
Yes 100% believe what I'm saying about him not being Banksy and him making all of his money from real estate and not focusing on his art career. Think its pretty known by now.
HR3
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:39 pm

I NEVER said I thought he was banksy. He unequivocally is not. I never had the argument w/ u. That’s all u and someone else. Clearly.

And lol, he didn’t MAKE fudge from real estate on his own. He inherited from his Grammy. U know that right? He’s just another spoiled rich kid like Trump and soo many others in this world that are fortunate enough to be born into money.

And real estate isn’t glamorous or what MADE him. Art is and has. I’m more of a real estate mogul than that fool and I’m self made. So there’s that.

Why do u believe he made his own real estate fortune when he did not? Y do you think he loathes his own art, when he’s put up his assets a as collateral to fund it? Do u realize if he fails w/ the loans he’s taking out for his gallery’, he loses BIG?

So how do u come to the conclusion he hates art and loves something he’s had no real part in building? Do u not realize he’s also financing HiJack?

That guy is working harder and putting in more effort around the clock right now to pump out art and get his dream gallery off the ground than u probably have in ur life on anything. And that’s most likely a fact. The hours he’s pulling is nuts. And it’s a joke to him? Please explain! :pint:

I wish millennials and Zoomers took their work like a joke then, and put in 16 hour days for months on end, busting their asses, working when injured, putting their assets up as collateral to take the risk to be more and never giving up.

But then they wouldn’t be a society of lazy freeloaders drinking $6 coffees, complaining on forums that they should get everything free and those who work to come up should pay for their free fudge. :lol:

I thought about just hitting Thierry up through his life is beautiful site, but then I thought, let the haters hate. It’s all they know... :clap:
Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9647
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:29 pm

My response was to your comment and the comment you quoted.

I can go into each paragraph above but you seem to very emotionally attached to Thierry so good luck to you and your collection.
User avatar
fribhey
Art Expert
Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 am

Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:47 pm

DickButt wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:00 am
lol people still think he's banksy?
There’s so much stupid on this page...

people arguing back and forth over MBW is sad. He’s not smart enough to have ANY thought, or ideas, behind any of his work. People need to stop over thinking him because there’s nothing there.
Post Reply