Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Dubflakes wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:
Dubflakes wrote: And somehow that legitimizes MBWs contribution to the art world?
A similar opinion regarding 2 artists 50 years apart does not create an equivalency, nor does it anticipate a similar historical outcome.
No, I think that you are all about 25-50 years too early to have any comment on his contribution to the art world. And maybe even more.
Perhaps not, but when I ask my parents about the perception of Warhol in their day, it's funny to hear most of the comments on EB, b/c they are pretty similar to how people reacted and things they said then. No one can predict the future...
Why is it too early? People can't have an opinion on his contributions in the present? Warhol was doing something different and unknown at the time, so it's understandable why there was a negative opinion as some people criticize what is new/different.

MBW is playing out a hackneyed concept and that is why he draws so much criticism. So while the critique sounds similar it comes from two completely different contexts. With that said, you could be right and maybe in 30-40 years the uninspired and trite works of MBW will be considered masterpieces in irony.
If in 50 years, they are worth more than what I paid... it was a win and Ill take it.
If not.. I only have bought the pieces I enjoy, so I have a house full of paper that I like to look at & still a win.
35mmpaul wrote:
gorkie wrote:The fact that you say you are a gambler is worrisome. This means you are buying on speculation. Never a good idea. Buy what you love and leave it at that.
Words to live by, but most will not listen to on this forum.
That's why you buy a little bit of everything.
Buying art, is speculating... if not, you would just admire it and not care to own the limited edition.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Lol thx rubber. I love how he pronounces turtle. Gotta watch ettgs again for sure.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:57 pm

HD for your pleasure... :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:37 pm

Dubflakes wrote:
toobs wrote:Image
Does the different colorways of vomit up the value?
Since rainbows colors sell well maybe rainbow vomit would really up the value

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:08 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
Dubflakes wrote: And somehow that legitimizes MBWs contribution to the art world?
A similar opinion regarding 2 artists 50 years apart does not create an equivalency, nor does it anticipate a similar historical outcome.
No, I think that you are all about 25-50 years too early to have any comment on his contribution to the art world. And maybe even more.
Perhaps not, but when I ask my parents about the perception of Warhol in their day, it's funny to hear most of the comments on EB, b/c they are pretty similar to how people reacted and things they said then. No one can predict the future...
Yeah, it's just not a good comparison. They have little to do with each other besides MBW cranking out cheap mass produced minimal-effort art to maximize profit.

The main point though is that what was interesting in 1962 was no longer interesting in 2008 and still isn't interesting in 2017. He's a copy of a copy of a copy, ten times removed and there's just nothing new or interesting in his entire body of work. He's cliche.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Solar wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:
Yeah, it's just not a good comparison. They have little to do with each other besides MBW cranking out cheap mass produced minimal-effort art to maximize profit.

The main point though is that what was interesting in 1962 was no longer interesting in 2008 and still isn't interesting in 2017. He's a copy of a copy of a copy, ten times removed and there's just nothing new or interesting in his entire body of work. He's cliche.
Eh, that's why it's art. To each their own.
I guess in 50 years we can look back and see what the value of his prints are and go from there.
Stay up though! Keep doing you.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Dat Banksy connection doe.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Dude should have shelved the mlk stuff and cashed in on something related to the inauguration/departure of obama.
ImageT.K.C.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:23 pm

coming next week
fredo
Art God

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:33 pm

"Only one dream? I have like a hundred dreams EVERY NIGHT. Sad."
just a foil for me today, thanks
maddog76
Flipper

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Jesus. Used to be a surprise drop of something decent.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Yep. Getting lazier and lazier. And thought I need to save up some coin for the Brainwash's Valentine print.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:09 pm

unnamed.jpg
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:12 pm

How is it a 3 color silkscreen. Red Variant, Pink Variant and the color of the drymounting paper?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart